• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 567 Views, 15 Comments

Lost Memories - Aros356



As elite soldier Aros Blade collapses on the side of the road he forgets everything.

  • ...
2
 15
 567

We Meet Again

I am broken from the trance of my memory by the sound of hoofsteps coming down the stairs.
“Aros, oh, you are down here,” the pegasus says while coming down.
“Yeah, I am. It’s just… no, never mind.” I reply
“You’re worried, aren’t you?” the unicorn said across the room.
“Yes, I am.” I start to walk around the room. The place seems different somehow, I don’t know why. Maybe spike re-sorted the books while I was asleep, I don’t know. I freeze when a knock sounds from the front door. Twilight trots over to the door and opens it; I jump back at who is standing in the doorframe. Pinkie. I wasn’t expecting her to come here. She looks at me and winks while lifting a hoof and gesturing me to go over to her. I hesitantly walk over to her while I say my quick goodbyes to everypony in the room and state I shouldn’t be too long.

She leads me over to a dark green forest; she says it’s called the everfree forest. It is a very strange looking forest, as we enter I notice just how dark and secluded it is, somepony could do anything here without anypony knowing… OH GOD! What does she want from me? She fearlessly leads the way through the forest and I trail behind her, we walk in silence for quite a long time before I decide to break this awkward silence.
“Where are you taking me?” I ask.
“Do you remember that night, the night at the club in Canterlot?” she replies with a tone I wish I never heard before.
“Oh no… you want me to…” I stutter on each word as I think of what she might want me to do.
“Oh, now I can’t play the game now you know what I want, but you know me too well.”
“Erm, yeah, sure…” I make my voice slightly louder to try and hide the fact that I’m backing away, it wouldn’t do much good anyway, I don’t know my way out of this forest.
“HEY! Where are you going?” she quickly notices me backing away and charges at me. I fall back.
“Erm, nowhere.” I raise an eyebrow as I say it, making a poor attempt at hiding the truth.
“What exactly do you want from me?”
“You know, that night. I want to recreate that night.”

We looked at each other for some time, me with an incredibly worried face, her with an excited and impatient look. I couldn’t do anything but let out a little whimper. She pushes me onto my back, I struggle to fight back but my body disobeys me. I fall back, and let Pinkie look over me.
“Mmmm…” she licks her lips, “you look wonderful!” she continues to look over me for a few minutes. And as she starts to lower her head closer to mine, a voice sounds from a nearby tree, which one I have no idea.
“Well well well. Who do we have here?” she pulls her head away, thank the lord, she looks behind her and to her surprise sees nothing. “Well look who we have, Aros Blade. What looks like making out with another pony… never thought I’d see the day.” I recover some of my strength, enough to throw pinkie off of me and onto the floor.

I survey the trees around me. And find a Pegasus looking at me from a tree branch. I couldn’t see any of his fur because of his robes. A mixture of different greys and a streak of red down the sides. His head was covered in shadows as the grey hood when completely over his head, the back carefully crafted not to tamper with the Pegasus’ wings.
“Who’s that Aros?” the Pegasus asks.
“She’s Pinkie Pie,” I drop to a whisper “Get me out of here, she’s crazy.”
“Hmm, that’s no way to treat a mare.”
“Look, she is crazy, can you please hel- No way! Swift! You look so different!”
“Well done, it has been 5 years. How have you been, rookie?”
“Good thanks, and I’ll have you know I graduated and served the royal guards. Let me guess, you made your dream a reality?”
“You served the royal guard!?” the Pegasus replies what a vast amount of surprise, “Before I left you were dug deep into the ground… and yes my dream is now the bad-ass reality!”
“Well, I bet you’re confused about what you just saw…”
“Damn right, I never thought I would see you with a mare, you always seemed like the stallion type.”
“What!” I launch a punch at his face, he was telling the truth, he has made his dream a reality, and he dodged out of the way at lightning speed. “Huh, I guess you’re right, you are the Assassin.”
“Indeed” he looks to his side, and then back at me, “I want a bloody coffee, get me a bloody coffee.”
“Um, no. I’m not your slave anymore… and I never will be.”
“Hmpf, fine.”

The Pegasus and I had some small talk after that, only a little though. It was, unfortunately, too long by Pinkie’s standards. She charged at me, eyes flaring.
“I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” she yelled, rather loud too. She smashes me onto the floor and stands over me. I look over at ‘The Assassin’ pleading for help. He just shakes his head and quickly explains that this is going to get interesting. I look back in front of me and see the pink mare staring at me, but it felt like she was staring into my soul, eyes full of lust. Before I had time to try to resist or say something I had a mouth full Pinkie. Yuck, get me out of here! I tried to yell and get her of off me but to no success, she just groaned as she finally managed to get her tongue past my lips. She only just got through when a familiar voice sounds from the sky.
“PINKIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” the pink pony draws back and looks up a little, I can’t see who she is looking at, but I can tell who it is by the look on her face. I throw her off,
“WHY Pinkie? I thought we settled this!” I yell at her. I look at her, anger visible in my eyes. I stand up and turn around to see Rainbow Dash, looking really confused. “Sorry, about any confusion here Rainbow Dash, but can you do something for me?”
“Yeah, sure”
“Keep your marefriend under control!” The cyan pegasus nods and gives Pinkie a dead serious stare. She then picks up Pinkie and flies of back what I believe to be Ponyville.
“Well, that certainly was interesting…”
“You shut up! That was assault to my position!”
“Your position?”
“Yes, I served the Princesses directly, I know everything about them, but we won’t go into detail.”
“Hm, your choice, shall we head back to Canterlot?”
“Canterlot? Why there?”
“Well you live there don’t you?” a confused look spread across the Pegasus’ face.
“No, I’ve recently taken up accommodation at the local library in Ponyville.”
“You currently stay at the… library?”
“Yes, problem?”
“No, no. So where is this town?”
“Erm, That way…” I point over to an area covered with rainbow trails, I hoped that’s Rainbow Dash flying around.

“Um… are you completely sure we should go that way?” the pegasus queried.
“Yes, of course. Let’s go.” We start walking in the direction I pointed in earlier.

We have been walking for quite a while now. I’m surprised that ‘The Assassin’ Swift hasn’t started to tire yet, but he keeps walking on next to me. We reach the town soon enough.
“Is that it? That’s the town you’re staying in…”
“Yes swift, it is. It’s a nice place to stay actually, it’s nice and calm.” I almost regret saying that, after all these past events haven’t been too pleasant for me. I look at the town hall and see a figure, quite a large figure to.
“Who’s that?”
“Who, the large figure at the town hall?”
“Yes.”
“I don’t know.” We walk on a little more. The figure becomes more recognisable every second, but only when we enter the plaza do I recognise who it is…
“Aros!” the figure runs up to me, I recognise it as Princess Celestia, how did I not realise that at first.
“Hello, Princess Celestia.” I bow slightly.
“Oh, no need for that, stand up.” I do as she says and stand up. Swift moves slightly behind me, whispering in my ear,
“Um, Aros buddy, you know that I’m an assassin… I don’t think that I should be shown to the Princess…”
“Ok,” I whisper back. “Princess, can I ask you something?”
“Yes, what is it?”
“Erm, it’s just: why are you here, and not in Canterlot?”
“Good question, I am here to see you, and you know who…”
“Oh, ok, do you need something from me then?”
“Yes, I do… you have a let’s say… friend here, don’t you?”
“Yes… who do you mean?”
“Fluttershy.”
“Oh, yes. Is she ok?” I step forward a little, with a slight concern.
“yes, she’s fine. But I just heard about the woods…”
“Oh no… look it wasn’t me, I had no idea that she was going to attack me in such a way.”
“What? What did she do…?”
“she tried to make out with me… yuck!”
“But you and her… were…”
“That was 3 years ago…”
“Oh right, well the problem was actually that while you were gone, one of your old friends dropped by, in the name of ‘The Assassin’…”
“WHAT!?” I turn around at stare angrily at Swift. “What did you do?”
“I er… dropped by…” he starts to back away, but Princess Celestia holds him to the spot with some magic.
“I should check on Fluttershy.” I say.
“That would be a good idea Aros.”

I start to run as fast as I can across the town hall. To my luck Twilight was running up to me.
“Aros, quickly come to the library!” I nod and run with her to the library, we quickly reach the building, but before we open the door twilight stops and stares at the door, clearly terrified,
“You said you wouldn’t drag us into this, but we got dragged in…” I turned to her, shocked as I began to open the door.

Comments ( 4 )

dun, dun, DUUUUUUUUUNNN!!!!

i didn't do it i swear :scootangel:

Aros: Don't do it!
Sunbeam: *Smashes through roof, lands on assailant* Hello!

... Just adding that right here.
Also, me gusta!

-- TwilitLightning

Login or register to comment