• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 568 Views, 15 Comments

Lost Memories - Aros356



As elite soldier Aros Blade collapses on the side of the road he forgets everything.

  • ...
2
 15
 568

The Memory

“Dive! Duck! Roll!” The commander yelled “Come on! You can do it!”

I look over my shoulder as I finish the routine to find the commander smiling and winking at me. That was his sign that he wants to speak to me, he often did after I decided to put my all into this training. I trotted over to him and saluted; he saluted back and pinned a badge on me. I looked at it, and then stared at the commander. He was promoting me! This could only mean that a test was to be ready for tomorrow. He said nothing, just gestured to go to my quarters and rest for tomorrow, what awaited me I have no idea.

The next day I took my care when walking into the test arena, armour on and ready to fight whatever was going to test me today.
“Hello private, or should I say, stealth!” The announcer said through his megaphone.
I couldn’t believe it! He called me by talent, something that only happens when a pony was to graduate from Redleaf Fighting Academy… that could only mean… I was going to graduate and serve the Royal Alicorns of Canterlot!
“Stealth! You are to face the Supreme Commander of the academy! If you win, you graduate, if you lose, you go to hospital and recover only to train more and more! Are you ready?” the announcer asked

“Yes sir, always ready sir!” I yelled to the announcer!
The announcer nodded and the iron doors opened, there now standing before me was the Supreme Commander of the academy ready to kill me! I thought in my head ‘camo, on’ and with that single thought I disappeared into thin air. The commander drew his blade, and with a hit of the gong the battle started.

The Supreme commander started to survey the arena; certainly he would be able to sense me with his ‘Spartan’ armour. He locked his gaze onto a single spot where he thought I was standing. He charged in a head long sprint with his blade at his side, what he did wrong is that I wasn’t there at all, I was on the other side analysing his every move, his every step. He charged for longer than he expected to without hitting a stallion, and he rammed the wall with a heavy thud!

He tried the same tactic many times and after the announcer looked bored at the sight of no action but also surprised that I wasn’t dead already. But then the commander tried something new, he started to swing his blade in every direction possible. This made things very difficult for me at first, but I kept studying his every movement; eventually I saw a hitch, every time he used his left shoulder it would clunk back for a little extra swing. I took this opportunity when he got too close to me for comfort it dived under his left shoulder when it hitched, hooking his leg in the process tripping him up. For a dramatic effect I took of the camouflage with a simple thought ‘camo, off’. The entire crowd gasped in the sheer surprise that I managed to trip the Supreme Commander and crack his helmet. I didn’t notice that I cracked his helmet until he got back up and looked me in the eye, sending shivers down my spine.

We stared at each other for a few minutes trying to intimidate each other, I was failing but he was just downright scary at this point. He started to charge again so I activated camouflage and dived out of the way of the Commander’s head long charge. The same thing happened again and again, I would dive under his shoulder whenever he would swing with his left foreleg and trip him in the process, but this time it went wrong, he anticipated that I would try to do that again and twisted his wrist up a little so when I dived the sword gashed across my chest. After that he decided to try something new, while I was still in camo he threw what looked like a bomb high into the air, I dived to try and get away but when it landed it sent out a shockwave. This shockwave looked a lot like an electrical pulse, which could only mean one thing …an EMP!

As the wave hit me my camo started to flicker and he could vaguely see me. He tried something experimental, so that’s what I did. As he charged at me, sword in hoof, I didn’t move, which startled him, but he kept going. When he was a few metres in front of me all you could hear was
BANG!
At my side I held a gun, a gun specially designed for heavy armour penetration. I called it: the Big Bang. The Supreme Commander fell only a few inches away from me, still breathing he held up his hoof to yield, and as a nice stallion I grabbed his hoof and pulled him up. The fight was over!
“Well done” the Commander said “very well done indeed, I am proud to say that you have graduated from this academy, may you serve the Alicorns with grace!”
I mind went blank after that, I must have passed out over the excitement on graduating.