• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 567 Views, 15 Comments

Lost Memories - Aros356



As elite soldier Aros Blade collapses on the side of the road he forgets everything.

  • ...
2
 15
 567

Introductions

Solitude. Nothing but the pain of solitude. Forcing my body to carry me further, I try and try to remember and forget. My hooves fail me, I fall to the ground. My head pulsing with what others would call pain. Me, I call it memories. I try to survey my surroundings, but in the position I’m in, collapsed on the floor, I can’t see much. Everything starts to fade, my sight blackens.

Where am I? What am I doing here? I look around, nothing but darkness. Not like that makes much change to how I have been feeling lately. I hate that place! I hate that single pony! That one pony who killed my mind, my personality, my emotions. I need a place to start new, somewhere I can be happy, if I can remember how to be happy.

I want to scream. “Can I …scream? Please …let me scream!” I mutter to myself.
“Of course, if it makes you feel better,” I hear a voice say. I scream for what seems like an eternity only to open my eyes to two others. It shocks me to see two bright eyes looking straight into mine.
“Who …who are you?” I question. “And where …am I?”
“You’re in bed, in my house in Ponyville, my friend found you collapsed on the road to someplace called Redleaf,” The voice replies. I slammed my eyes shut at the sound of the name of that place.

“Please let me introduce myself. My name is Twilight Sparkle. I know you need rest to recover from those injuries, but I want to know more about you, you look like an interesting stallion. What’s your name?” Twilight requests.
“My …name? …what is …my name?” I manage to mutter. I let my head flop sideways.my sight blackened again…

Twilight Sparkle, what a nice name. She wants to know my name, what is my name? I need to know, I must know…

“Oh you’re awake. Um… are you ok?” I hear another voice, much softer, much kinder than Twilight’s.
“Careful, he needs rest, but I’m glad you’re awake,” another voice says, it sounds like Twilight.
“No, I don’t want to rest anymore, I want to get up and… Ah!” I exclaim as I try to get up but reach to my side and notice a big gash across my chest. I fall back at the sight of it. “How did I get that?”
“I don’t know” Twilight says. “We were hoping you could tell us.”
This time I'm not greeted by two eyes, but by two figures. One was a lavender colour unicorn with a purple mane with pink highlights, while the other was a yellowy-beige colour Pegasus with a gorgeous pink mane.

“Who are …you two?” I ask, my voice starting to fade as my sight is clasped to the beige pony.
“I’m Twilight,” the lavender unicorn says “And this is Fluttershy,” She gestures to the Pegasus beside her.
“Nice …nice name,” is all my mind manages to string together. My sight darkened yet again, why this happens I don’t know

Wow. She’s wonderful, who knew there were nice mares in this world. I certainly didn’t! All the mares I know are harsh and horrible.

My eyes open. Only to be greeted by nopony this time.
“Hello?” I call “hello? Anypony here?”
After a few seconds a voice sounds. But I can’t understand it, so I decide to get up. As I get up and look down at the gash I remember how it got there.