• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 567 Views, 15 Comments

Lost Memories - Aros356



As elite soldier Aros Blade collapses on the side of the road he forgets everything.

  • ...
2
 15
 567

Confessions

I stand in the library looking at the vast amount of books on each shelf, oh Celestia I’m nervous about what I’m going to do next. This is going to be very awkward I think to myself. I turn my gaze at the opening door and the first pony to walk in, thank the lord it’s only Twilight, this conversation shouldn’t be too awkward before everypony else gets here.

“Hi Twilight.”
“Oh, hi Aros. Fluttershy said that you wanted us to come here.” She says.
“Yes, I need to get some things clear. You need to know something about me.”
“Oh, Ok. The others should be here in a few minutes.” That means I have a few minutes to clear the huge nervous pain in my mind. A minute or two go by and I’m no closer to a calm mind than I was before Twilight entered.

A knock on the door, I hold my breath hoping it isn’t her. To my luck it isn’t, it’s Rainbow Dash, “Hi Rainbow, how are you?”
“I’m fine, why did you want us to come over here anyway?”
“I need to tell you guys some things.”
“Hm, all right,” she says “Fluttershy and Pinkie should be here any second now.” As she says that the two of them walk in greeting us as they enter.

“Hey Dashie! I didn’t know you were coming to this party!” Pinkie exclaims as she notices the cyan Pegasus.
“Yep, I’m not quite sure why I’m here but I am.” The Pegasus replies.
“Well, now that we are all here can you all take a seat?” Everypony except me sits down at the table.
I’m standing at the end of it trying to think of what to say first. “Good, now I would like to start by saying thank you for coming, I know I haven’t known you all for very long now, well actually that’s a little lie.” There was a little gasp of surprise in my rather small crowd of ponies. “I have known one of you for quite some time now, bringing back memories I would rather forget.”

“Really, I would rather keep them.” the party pony says, then realising that she shouldn’t have said that so she puts her hooves over her mouth. Everypony in the room looks between me and Pinkie.
I sigh, “Yes, I have known Pinkie for years now. There are few things you need to know about me, Pinkie and I… we used to… date.”

“What!?” the ponies say in sync with each other, that is of coarse without Pinkie who is just nodding.
“We met in Canterlot, I was on patrol when she came past, and she caught my eye at first. Back then I was young; I didn’t know what I wanted out of a mare, so I tried talking to her to see what she was like. She seemed nice at first, until I got to know her very well did I realise that I wasn’t as happy as I could be.”

“When you say ‘very well’ how well do you mean?” the lavender unicorn asks.
“That was the best night I EVER had, I never knew how good a stallion could be in those areas!” Pinkie answers for me. I cover my entire face with my hoof trying not to remember those days and to avoid seeing the reaction on the faces of my new-found friends.

“Oh, I wasn’t expecting that as a reply!” the unicorn replies to Pinkies sudden outburst.
“But I found out quite recently that she has found a new friend to ‘play’ with.”
“Who?” I hear from two of the ponies in my tiny crowd.
“Rainbow Dash… You really should be more careful when talking to an elite soldier.” I reply to the question.
“It’s true, Pinkie and I are going out, we were planning on telling you, honest!” the cyan Pegasus gives up trying to hide it, and hugs Pinkie after saying it.

“You know Rainbow, we don’t like it when our friends keep secrets from each other.” The unicorn says, still trying to take in what I said only moments ago.
“Care to tell your friends your secret then?” I ask trying to sound polite.
“That’s different!” she pleas.
“Sure it is… just because it involves royalty, it makes it so important that your closest friends can’t know about it?” I say exaggerating some of the words.
“I… I guess you’re right.” She replies. “I’m in love with… with Princess Celestia,” she said reluctantly.
There were gasps all around the room after she said it.

“And there is one more relationship I would like to revea- AHH!” I scream as I fall to the ground. My head pumping, my neck in agony, everything seems to go in slow motion… everypony is panicking franticly running around the room before crowding around me… my sight blackens.

AH crap! I hate it when this happens. Just floating in nothingness, but this time there’s an image in
the distance. I can just make it out, Fluttershy. So, it is true, I do…

I open my eyes to find that I have woken up in what looks like Twilight’s bed. I look to my right and see a yellow Pegasus sitting beside me on the edge of the bed, head in hooves, crying. “Uhh… I feel terrible…” I mutter hoping she hears me.

She gasps as she looks around and sees me, limp in the bed but, alive and awake. “Yay! You’re awake! Twilight said you might never wake, you don’t know how happy I am to see you awake. You were hit in the neck with some sort of dart… with a powerful poison, Twilight did all she could to save you.” she says in voice that sounds loud when your close but inaudible when a few metres away. We stare at each other for a few minutes before she continues, “and there’s something I want to, uh… tell you…” I stop her mid-sentence; I place my hoof on her shoulder and pull her down, onto the bed so she’s lying next to me.”Wha-” I stop her again as I put my hoof on her mouth to gesture not to say anything.

“I… I don’t want you to say… anything” I start, but my currently weak mind making it hard to say that. “I just want… to be with… you.” Just as I finish that sentence she flings her fore-leg around me and brings me in for a hug. I move my free fore-leg over her should and around the back of her neck. I don’t want this moment to end, ever. She leans her head in for a kiss, to her surprise, I meet her halfway for a long passionate kiss.

“No point hiding it now, I guess.” The Pegasus starts, in between breaths, “I, um… I love you…”
“I know. I can see it in your smile.” I say whenever I can get a word out.
She pulls back, looking surprised. “How long have you known?”
“Yesterday…”
“You were unconscious yesterday.”
“Wait, what? How long have I been out?”
“3 days… I never left your side.” she looks into my eyes and giggles a little bit. I pull her back in for another kiss, she does nothing to resist. We lay there for a few minutes, kissing when she pulls back. I look surprised as she starts to sing, her voice is incredibly soft and caring.

“Those three words… have said too much, but not enough…”
“These three words?” I ask, “I love you.” She blushes at the sound of that and stops singing.
“Yes…” is all she could say.
“I mean it too” after I say that she cuddles up to me, we rest for about ten to fifteen minutes before the lavender unicorn enters the room.

“Err… what’s going on here?” she asks with a twitching eye. The only reply she got was Fluttershy pulling me in for a hug. “Wait! Fluttershy… you don’t… you know… do you?” the unicorns voice getting more and more confused.
“Yep,” is the one word needed to make the lavender unicorn start to back out of the room, and it is even worse for her that Fluttershy says it. Twilight starts to back out of the room but bumps into her love. Standing behind her right now is Princess Celestia.

“Twilight, is it right to awkwardly back out of a room with two of your friends showing how much they care for each other?” the alicorn asks. “I have never seen him this happy, it warms my heart, it really does.”
The lavender unicorn turns around and hugs the Princess, “I was so worried about you!”

I look down the bed, and see the two of them hugging, not particularly awkward, I have seen them do much more ‘dangerous’ things, Twilight didn’t notice who I was back then, I have changed so much in these months. I kiss Fluttershy on the cheek, cuddle up nice and close to her and try to get to sleep, before I manage to enter the realm of dreams it is returned to my lips in a long, passionate kiss, needing no words to explain it.