• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 7,564 Views, 163 Comments

Blazing Skies - SwimmingDalek98



Hello, and welcome to the world of Equestria! I'm Professor Discord! Equestria is inhabited by ponies! You're here to cause havoc and chaos for them! Tell me, what's your name? Geo? That's a nice name… Wait, what're yo

  • ...
43
 163
 7,564

XI: Smoldering

Blazing Skies

XI- Smoldering

At this point, I am not a happy man. Er, Mon, I suppose. I’m sitting in a hospital bed (again), in custody (again), and under surveillance by the glitter-farting pony princesses. Again. I feel like I’m in a goddamn time loop. All I need is Bites the Dust and it’s Diamond is Unbreakable all over again.

… I need to stop making references. I won’t get very far.

My train of thought is interrupted when the door opens. I whip my head to the entrance, and see none other than Princess McSmileyFarts herself.

“Geo. You’re awake.”

“When the alternative is having some pervertito snooping about in your brain, you’d be, too.” I puff a ring of smoke in her direction. “The hell d’ya want?”

“I want you to think, Geo.” That gets my attention.

“Think? About what? About the fact that your ‘precious little ponies’ attacked me and now I’m the bad guy? You want me to think about that? HUH?” I sit up in my bed. Rest has already healed my wounds from that attack, but I’m still out of PP.

Head out of the gutter, people. I meant Power Points. I figured out that if I focus enough, I can sort of create a HUD for myself, letting me see my own HP, my XP level, and my PP. PP doesn’t work like in the games, for some reason. Instead, it more works as a mana meter, for all of my moves.

Right now I’m still only at 36% of my PP, about 61. No matter how often I use Rest, I can’t seem to recover my PP enough. It looks like that recovers on its own. Damn. I’ll have to find Leppa Berries. Or Ether. Wonder how Ether and Elixir would work here? Because all of my moves share a single pool… That’ll need looking into.

“I want you to think about what you’re going to do with yourself.” Wait, what? We’re still talking? Merda.

“Well… Mainly run as far from here as possible.” She keeps staring.

“And?”

“Train myself.”

“Why?”

“Because I want to be stronger.”

“Why would you want to do that?”

“Because I still can grow.”

“Why do you want to grow?”

“Not telling you.” I look at the window.

“Geo. You know I can’t let you run off. Not after what you were going to do.” Watch me, bitch.

“Obviously I won’t give you a choice in the matter. I’m gonna run, and we’re not gonna see each other ever again. Never have to worry again.” Just shut up already… You’re making my head hurt...

“Geo! You were going to destroy our kingdom because you felt wronged. What am I supposed to do? Let you go? Just walk away? It’s Gilgamesh’s word which prevents me from throwing you in Tartarus right now.”

“Good. I’ll be sure to thank him later.”

“He said you would have to accept the magic of friendship.”

“You accept carnivores. Doesn’t mean I should expect you to start chowing down on rabbit.”

“Geo…” I feel her magic radiate over me. I still look to the window.

“Is that it? I make my stance, and the first thing you do is try to fry me? Is that really your response to everything that’s different? Remove it? Like your sister?” That did it.

“Geo…” Her magic glows brightly. I still face the window. C’mon, show me what you’re made of…

“Guards, leave us.” The door slams behind them.

I turn slowly. “Yeah. Hard to stay all high and mighty with that on your record.”

She glares at me. I think I need to shut up now. But I won’t. “You want to make me into something I’m not. Let me put it this way, princess: I don’t do ‘friends’.” I look her dead in the eye. “I work by myself. If people try to ‘help’ me or ‘get to know me’, I’m gonna butt heads with ‘em. I can’t stand working with others. It’s my way or the highway, and they always end up packing their bags.” I lean my neck forwards until it’s right in front of hers, close enough for her to feel the heat from my breath. “Always.”

Celestia keeps glaring. “Maybe that’s because you never bothered to compromise. Because you WERE TOO STUBBORN TO THINK OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN HURTING OTHERS!

“WELL, THAT’S ALL I HAD!” She shuts up.

“All my life, all I’ve ever been good at is fighting others. You’re an illuso… you’ve got your ‘cutie marks’ and shit to tell you what you can and can’t do. But me? I had no fucking idea what I was ‘good’ at until I finally punched some stronzo’s teeth down his own damn throat! Maybe if I was one of you fucking idiots, I’d have a skull as my ass tattoo, because all I’m good at is BREAKING THINGS! IT’S ALL I CAN DO! IT’S ALL I’VE EVER BEEN GOOD AT! YA EVER CONSIDER THAT? HUH? I’M A FIGHTER! I FIND PEOPLE, AND I BREAK THEM! TOO MUCH FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND? TOO BAD!

I realize that during my rant, I’ve somehow torn myself from my bed and am now pressing her against the wall. I also notice the steel of a guard’s spear against my throat. Why won’t they stop it? My head hurts… It hurts so much...

“Try it and I shove that pointy stick up your ass.” He backs off.

Celestia keeps staring at me. Stop it stop it why won’t my head stop hurting?

“I want to go out there and train… because it’s the only thing I’m good at. I have to get better because it’s the only thing I can do.”

“Maybe it’s because-”

“I never tried anything different? You know how many people have said that same feckin excuse over and over again to me? YOU THINK I DIDN’T TRY TO BE DIFFERENT? YOU THINK THAT AFTER YEARS OF WANTING TO BE SOMETHING ELSE, I WAS JUST PLAYING AROUND!? IT DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT, PRINCESS! ALL I CAN DO IS PUNCH PEOPLE’S TEETH IN! NOTHING MORE! SO QUIT TRYING TO SEE A GOOD PERSON WHERE THERE ISN’T ONE!”

I punch the wall next to her head. Stop it right now. Stop the hurting… Can’t… See straight…

“Leave me alone. Let me go. You won’t have to deal with me ever again. I promise I won’t attack any of you… If you leave me alone, that is.”

Celestia doesn’t flinch.

I turn, and begin walking out. Stop it stop it.

“I’ll train you.”

I stop. I look over my shoulder, “You? You’ll train me? You, the queen bee of friendship and getting along, is going to give combat lessons to someone who has blatantly attacked and defaced public property, assaulted royalty, nearly killed several VIPs, and more or less conspired to overthrow the country. You really are stupid.”

I keep walking. Stop it stop it stop it-

“Geo, you’re making a big mistake!”

“Not as big as sticking around with you morons.” Stop it stop it stop it I can’t be here I have to go I have to go and find-

“Geo! Please!”

“Please doesn’t work on me. You should’ve figured by now.” I reach the stairs. I knock open the door, and find myself looking at the pink one. “Vaffanculo.”

Silence.

Last I saw her, I had cut open her stomach and crushed her under a building. I’m amazed she’s on both legs. Got to leave must leave don’t belong here must find somewhere else!

I ready my claws. I let my stomach grumble, with fire building in my gut. Not taking any chances. I’m stronger than our first fight. I know how she works. I can take her.

“Geo…” I push her into the wall, and walk past.

“Leave me alone.”

“But I-”

“NO! I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON’T WANT TO BE NEAR ANY OF YOU STUPID FUCKING PONIES! I’M TIRED OF YOU AND YOUR PREACHING ON ABOUT HOW FRIENDSHIP AND FUCKING HARMONY SOLVE EVERYTHING! I’M TIRED OF THE BRIGHT PASTEL COLORS AND THE PARTIES AND THE SMILING! I’M SICK AND TIRED OF IT ALL! SO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

“But maybe if you-”

“MAKE SOME FRIENDS, IT’LL ALL BE BETTER? YEAH, MAYBE THAT WORKS HERE IN THE FREAK SHOW, BUT NOT WITH ME!” Must go must go must go must go.

She reaches for me. I throw her up to the next floor. I stomp my way down to the bottom. I crash my way through the lobby. I knock over carts. I tear open wheelchairs. Gotta leave gotta leave gotta leave gotta leave gotta leave

“HALT!” Guards. Spears. Weapons. Stop it stop it stop it stop it-

EMBER!” The flame backs them away. I dash past them. Make it stop make it stop MAKE IT STOP!

“Geo…” There she is again. That white bitch I just want to strangle and cut and tear and render piece by piece and make it stop make it stop MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!

I ready my claws. Why’s she staring at me gotta leave gotta leave gotta leave gotta leave-

Before I can think those thoughts any further, she looks me straight in the eye. “Listen to me, Geo… you’re not just a fighter. You can do great things. I know you can. You just have to let go of all of the hate in your heart. I know you can… Just believe in yourself. Can you do that for me? Just… stop, please?”

I can’t speak. How? How can she be so forgiving? After all I’ve done? After trying to destroy her life? How could she be this kind? How could anyone be this kind? Unless...

“You… pity me.” I look up to her. “You think I’m some… disgusting beast, and you feel sorry for me. Is that it? Is that all I am?”

She looks shocked. “No, Geo. You are more than that. You are intelligent, far more so than you give yourself credit for. But you hide it all beneath a facade of anger and resentment.”

“DON’T YOU FUCKIN’ LIE TO ME, BALDRACCA! EVERYONE ALWAYS THINKS THAT! EVERYONE! ALWAYS THE SAME! EVERY TIME! I KNOW YOU THINK THE SAME DAMN THING! YOU THINK I’M SOME GOD DAMN ANIMAL!” I raise my claws.

If it’s the last thing I’ll do… It’ll be earning someone’s respect.

In blood.

“Don’t!” I feel something grab my arm. I turn my head to see who-

A child.

Holding my arm.

I look in his eyes.

He’s afraid. By God, this boy is afraid. But he stopped me. He looks me dead in the eyes.

I can’t look back to him. How can he be so strong? Just a little boy! I turn my head, and see others behind him. Elderly. Ill. Mothers. I look at him once more…

I lose my strength. I drop my claw. I turn, and walk out the door.

“Geo?” A voice behind me.

I keep walking.

“HALT!” Guardsmen point their spears, trying to hold me.

I keep walking.

“I SAID HALT, CREATURE!” The spear presses into my chest.

I keep walking.

“STOP!” It pushes in. Scales slide back, and blood drips on the tip.

I keep walking.

“I SAID STOP!” The metal pushes further in, until it presses against bones.

I keep walking.

Spear breaks inside me.

I keep walking.

“GEO! You’re hurt! Stop already!”

I keep walking.

“Geo, just listen!”

I keep walking.

“Geo, I’m begging you! Come back, we can talk this over!”

I keep walking.

“GEO! Stop, please! You’re bleeding!”

I keep walking.

The speartip falls from my chest.

I keep walking.

The guards move aside.

I keep walking.

Blood drips onto the ground.

I keep walking.

My vision blurs.

I keep walking.

My knees weaken.

I keep walking.

“Geo…”

I keep walking.

Geo…

I stop walking.

I’m not in the city. Or anywhere that’s been inhabited for the past century. It looks more like something out of Indiana Jones. Pillars to my left and right, all broken and ruined. A ceiling overhead, and a flight of stone stairs before me.

Geo…” A voice? Who could it be?

Come forth, little flame.” Little flame? I take the first step.

I take step after step. I continue to rise. I feel my stomach clenching. A deep sense of being crushed. I feel a strength unlike any other. Why? Who is this? What do they want with me?

I reach the top…

Geo… You are here. Finally. I was wondering when she would allow you to come here.

Oh Dio.

Little flame, I have been awaiting you. We have much to talk about.

Author's Note:

Been working on this one a while. I've been doing a lot of shit lately, and I've had no motivation in between. My birthday's Friday, and God knows that'll take a lot out of me. Well, here it is. Hope you all enjoy. I'll get back to writing regularly soon. I promise.