• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 7,561 Views, 163 Comments

Blazing Skies - SwimmingDalek98



Hello, and welcome to the world of Equestria! I'm Professor Discord! Equestria is inhabited by ponies! You're here to cause havoc and chaos for them! Tell me, what's your name? Geo? That's a nice name… Wait, what're yo

  • ...
43
 163
 7,561

XII: Melting Point

Blazing Skies

XII- Melting Point

“A-a-Arceus?”

Little flame. I would like to start out by saying that, yes. I am Arceus. But, there is more to it than that. I am the true Arceus.

“W-what?”

All other Arceus’ in the Pokémon universes are my enforcers. Hollow parodies of myself, in both power and capability. They know not they are clones. I fill them with enough memories to be convinced they are me, and let them observe a universe. Now, you wonder why I say this. Truth be told, one Arceus, #457182524438772, observed the universe you carried your Pokémon teams through. The universe within your ‘game’, so to speak.

“What.” I lack any stutter now. I’m just speechless.

You controlled the characters, but in the end, they were just as alive as you or I. Those Pokémon were real. And, when you were struck by that lightning, that Arceus’ mind flared to me. He wanted to save you. So, I did. I reached out, and tried to reconstruct you. But… that one… the Merchant… his power denied me from healing you. I… I had to improvise. I was almost ready to rebuild you from scratch. But… But Geo… the Charizard. Your Charizard… He declared that he would allow his own form to reconstruct you.

My heart drops into my foot.

The little flame loved you dearly. More than any words could display. He understood your frustrations perfectly, because he was your partner. The two of you were closer than any other team I’ve seen for a long time. You knew his moveset like the back of your very hand. He knew your every preference. He went on, and on, about how much he trusted you. He knew, even from behind the screens, who you were. He saw you at Chicago, and at Arlington, and in Moscow. Every day you’ve had a Pokémon game with you, he was there. He told me how much he wanted you to live… Mine heart aches merely thinking of it. His sacrifice proved to be your salvation, Geo.

“He… He’s gone? My Geo… Gone for good?”

Arceus shakes his head. “Geo was never gone, little flame. He lives in you. Every day, he has tried to keep you going. Keep fighting. Always moving forwards.

I stop. Geo? Are… Are you there? Geo?

‘Tis useless to attempt to speak with him. He has long since disappeared from your mindscape. He now exists as the simplest subconscious parts of your mind and psyche.

Geo’s really that far gone?

Little flame… You are Geo, now.

I look up at him.

I needn’t the Psychic Plate to know what you’re thinking. Your face gives it all away.

I look up at him again. “So… Why did you bring me there? To Equestria? The place where you had to have known that I would disagree with the most!”

I had no say in that matter. Someone else… claimed jurisdiction over you before I could. I managed to resurrect you, but you were taken away before I could find a world to keep you safe.

“WHO? WHO THE FECK DID THAT? WHO IN THE BLOODY HELL PUT ME THROUGH THAT INFERNAL SUGAR-COATED PURGATORY?”

“That… would be me.” My heart skips a beat.

Oh, no, don’t get me wrong. Not out of any puppy love or cuddly affection cutesy-wootsy crap.

“I saw you, and realized you needed friendship. I decided that world would be a good place for you.”

I guess this is what ‘beside yourself’ means. I’m almost having an out-of-body experience, here. I know I’m clenching my claws. I know there’s flames building up in my belly.

Something you never even bothered to tell me about.

But I don’t feel it. Not in the normal sense.

“It should have worked! Not my fault that I underestimated how far broken your little pet project was!”

I can’t even see straight, but I know this thing is glaring at Arceus, like he’s the one at fault.

Do NOT blame me for this! You didn’t even consider asking me about what kind of an individual he was! He deserved to be in the Pokémon worlds, doing justice! He was born for the battlefield! There are worlds at war, and his skills were necessary! But you denied him that! You tried to force a concept down his throat that he wasn’t compatible with!

Arceus saved me.

“Friendship and harmony are able to conquer all problems! It should have fixed him!”

This one didn’t.

My little flame is NOT broken! And he certainly does NOT need fixing! You cannot perceive that the lion is not meant to eat straw! He is a warrior, first and foremost!

Arceus tried to give me a place to belong.

“War is NOT the answer! You shouldn’t go teaching that to humans!”

It didn’t try to see what I am.

IT IS A CONCEPT THEY TAUGHT THEMSELVES! BECAUSE, UNLIKE YOU, I SWORE TO NEVER INTERFERE UNLESS NECESSARY!

Arceus is my friend.

“IT WAS NECESSARY!”

It is not.

EVERY INDIVIDUAL SCRAPED KNEE AND BRUISED EGO IS NOT NECESSARY CAUSE FOR A MULTIDIMENSIONAL MODERATOR TO INTERVENE! YOU CODDLED THE PONIES! AND NOW THEY ARE JUST AS NAIVE AS YOU ARE!

“WE ARE NOT-” My fist cuts her off.

“Shut the hell up, ya daft bitch.”

Geo!

“You-”

“I don’t care what you think. Yer feckin’ friendship didn’t work. Look at Gilgamesh. Did ‘tolerance’ stop those monsters from TEARING THAT TOWN TA SHREDS? NO! IT WAS MY CLAWS, AND HIS BLADE! LOOK AT THE OTHER DISPLACED! I HEARD ONE ACTUALLY CALLING YOU LOT OUT ON YER BLASTED LITTLE PHILOSOPHY! If he can do it, so can I. You lot. Are immature. Naïve. Shortsighted. Whiny. Little. Bitches. You don’t do anything about a problem until it bites you in the arse. And how do you solve it? Is it the simple, effective solution? No! It’s the dramatic, amazing, extraordinary, RAINBOW-COVERED WAY! YOU LOT COULD SAVE A LOT OF HEARTBREAK AND PAIN WITH ONE SWING OF A BLADE! WHAT ABOUT TIREK? WHAT WOULD’VE HAPPENED IF SOMEONE JUST EXECUTED HIM IN PRISON? THEN I WOULDN’T HAVE GOTTEN HIS STUPID IDEAS IN MY HEAD! I WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN BETRAYED! THE FECKIN’ MAKUTA HAD TO SAVE ME! AND THAT WAS JUST SO HE COULD USE ME! I heard he died recently and all, and that saves me a shit-ton of heartache, but seriously, when the feckin MAKUTA does a better job of saving someone than your precious ideals, you know there’s something wrong with them.”

It glares, and tries to step up to my face. “You tried to confront my ponies at every opportunity. You almost killed Luna. For fun.”

“She wouldn’t have been hurt. It was the dream world.”

“You never knew that.”

“Well, I’m sorry! Ya want a feckin’ apology? WHAT GOOD WILL THAT DO? HUH? TELL ME!” I wave my arms like Jim Carrey in Truman Show, during that scene where he yells at his wife.

Which is a lot like my situation, come to think of it.

“IT WOULDN’T AMOUNT TO SHIT! IT WOULDN’T CHANGE A GODDAMN THING! I STILL ATTACKED YER PRINCESS! YA KNOW WHAT? SHE WANTED TO CREATE ETERNAL! FUCKING! NIGHT! AND APPARENTLY, THIS IS A PROBLEM IN EVERY UNIVERSE! SHE TRIES TO KILL EVERYTHING! But ‘friendship is magic hurr durr’! And BLAM! All better! If it were really that feckin’ easy, then I could’ve realized it years ago! And, in case ya didn’t realize it, I’M A FECKIN MANIAC! I BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE ALL THE FECKIN’ TIME! IF SAYING ‘SORRY’ FIXED UP EVERYTHING, DON’T YA THINK I WOULD’VE NOTICED BY NOW?”

“You never meant it!”

ENOUGH!” Arceus glares. “Faust. You made your point. I must speak to my little flame. Alone.

She takes a few steps, then turns to me.

GO!” She disappears.

That damnable horse… She purposefully tries to irritate me. We never get along. Always trying to be high and mighty, never realizing the grim realities of battle and bloodshed. She says she gets it, but never truly does. She always seems to think that even the truly irredeemable can be helped. She tried to ‘cure’ multiple Jokers, you know? Plucked them straight from Gotham into her own Equestrias. It ended up with burnt towns and dead innocents. And when I said ‘told you so’, she had the gall to say that I knew nothing!

“What do ye want?”

Arceus shakes his head. “Lost myself for a moment… Truly sorry. Geo… I want to finish what I startd. I brought you to the Void. I took your essence into your companion’s flesh and form. But, I was not finished.

… “Whot.

... I… may have gotten sidetracked. My moment of distraction was enough for Faust to steal you away. I left you close to her territory, and acted the fool. I should’ve known better, I realize that now. But, I will not let you remain half-completed any longer! Hold fast, little flame. I shall do what I should’ve done several months ago.

His back ring’s spires shoot out golden streams of light. They extend, multiply, and weave across the air, reaching out to me.

This is how he did it. His thousand arms. This is how he created the Pokémon World.

A limb pierces me. And another. And another. I feel my scales and flesh ripple and wave. My mind fades, yet I still see clearly. I feel everything changing.

This is what you were meant to become, little flame. A warrior, neither man nor Pokémon. Simultaneously both, and neither. Rise, Geo, Flame Pokémon. Rise, and gaze upon your true form.

I turn my head to a mirror Arceus generates.

“... Ya intended ta make me a feckin’ gijinka?” I notice that my voice has changed again. Similar to my real voice, but more guttural. Now I’m an Irish-Italian Sol Badguy. I can get behind this.

When you put it that way... Yes. I guess I did.

I frown at him before turning back to look over myself deeper.

Firstly, I look like my human form. But it seems that my Charizard fat has been exchanged for human muscle. Luckily for me, my hair is still intact, though it is longer than I remember. It’s Charizard orange, with two points stretching far back, like the Pokémon’s horns. My human eyes, once a natural brown, are a deep Charizard blue. My tail still exists, shifting back and forth. My wings, as well. I notice the tips of my fingers now end in sharp, retractable claws.

I now move onto what Arceus deemed suitable for clothing. A set of tan slacks, with what looks to be 1940s police officer boots, albeit with PokéBall motifs. I now wear a blue button-up shirt, with an orange jacket. The inside is tan like my Charizard form’s belly, with fluffy wool lining the inside. I suppress an Ampharos joke with all my might.

What do you think of your true form, little flame?

I smirk. “Well, I gotta say, I wasn’t expectin’ this. Though, I gotta say, asal sean, I am not disappointed. Particularly like tha way ye gave me a nice fluffy jacket.” I lose the battle anyways. “Is this real Ampharos wool?”

In hindsight, getting smacked on the head by the Pokémon world’s Azathoth for a bad joke is so worth it. Though he’s still a fun-killing frocio.

You are impressed?

“Hell feckin’ yeah! So much easier ta wha- er… Nevermind.”

Arceus just gave me the disappointed grandpa look.

I am so ashamed.

However, he rolls his eyes. “Shouldn’t be surprised.

I look up to him. “So… Whot do I do now? Ya said ya had a place fer me.”

Arceus looks away. “Well… I intended to keep you here, in the Hall of Origin, and train you in your newfound powers. That was my initial plan. However, things have changed as of recent.” He drifts to the side, looking out at the stars.

“Whot happened?”

You already know.

I stop and think. What could have happened? What is it that-

“That thing. The monster. That-”

The Maintenance. It calls itself the Maintenance. I have spoken to all of the System Admins, Outer Gods, Meta Beings, Ones-Above-All, or what have you. None of them know of its origin. It claims to be the embodiment of the maintenance of the timeline of the multiverse, hence the name. However, the multiverse is implicitly designed to be chaotic. To have beings bouncing back and forth between worlds. The Maintenance refuses to believe this. It wants all things to stay in the universe it was born in. Every beast, every blade of grass, every god, every mountain.

“... Whot does it want to do?”

To summarize: Hunt down every Displaced made by the Merchant, Aaron Heibai, or any other multiverse wanderer, and proceed to destroy them, everything associated with them, and every other unpleasant act as needed to ‘correct the space-time continuum’, and then create new beings that will ‘fulfill their original purpose’. In short, he hates each and every piece of crossover fanfiction or any kind of alternate universe story in existence.

My jaw drops.

Fortunately, while the Maintenance is a multiversal wanderer, and is more or less immortal, it is still ludicrously weak. It only did that much damage to you because good old Gilgamesh already defeated you. Under normal circumstances, you could’ve had an even and fair fight with it.

I look up. “Truly?”

Indeed. What Gilgamesh spoke of in the dream is true. Destiny does not exist, unless higher beings like us make it so. And even then, we can only alter so much. Willpower can overcome a prophecy most easily. Though, it’s because it’s a prophecy that people go ‘OH! WE MUSHT FULFILL DA PROPHESHI! RRRRRGH!’ It’s really quite boring after the first five millennia.

I’m not sure what’s weirder: the fact that Arceus just said that destiny is a weak concept, or that he did what appears to be an imitation of Old Man Henderson while mocking every single prophet character in the multiverse.

“O… kay. And where do I factor in?”

He wants to wipe this Equestria clean. He does everything very methodically. Start with one world, then destroy everything specifically associated with it, then wipe the slate clean. And, unfortunately, Faust has tagged you to this world. She wants you to come along and be its knight in shining armor. Or scales, in your case.

“Thought ya just said the feckin’ figa was all anti-fightin’?”

Oh she is. It’s just that she wants her ponies to do as little fighting as possible, and ‘remain pure’. She also is deliberately ignoring how several universes of her own creation normally end up with them creating weapons of mass destruction on their own, without any outside influence.

“She did?”

Tried to cover it up, but Giratina has his ways.

I whistle. “... Wow. What a feckin’ puss.”

Anyways, when the Maintenance tries again, in one form or another, it will insure that the job is done properly, this time. It will most likely go after some source of power or tool in order to gain the strength needed to wipe the slate clean. As much as I would rather take you and leave this world to burn, specifically to spite Faust, you are now beyond my pull. I can grant you access to the Hall of Origin, and you may train with the Legendary Pokémon I shall bring here, but beyond that you are on your own. However, you are not entirely defenseless. Your new form has several boosts that the old one doesn’t. I incorporated aspects of the ‘Red Mage’ system into your flesh. After being exposed to energy of a specific variation enough times, you will acquire new moves based on it. Hit with enough Psychic-type attacks, you’ll learn Calm Mind. Etcetera, etcetera.

“... Thank you, Arceus… I… I cannae even thank ye…” I begin to bow, but he raises a foreleg.

Do not bow before me, little flame. Go now. Fulfill your purpose on that world. Train. Grow stronger. Then we shall take you to your home.

I nod. Arceus closes his eyes, then a blue ball of light appears in front of me. “The Azure Flute. Play it, and you shall return home.” I take it, and blow a couple of notes into it.

“Well, that was- oh, FECKIN’ HELL!”

“OOF!”

“DAMNIT!”

“PISS!”

“FECK!”

“ME!”

“IN!”

“THE!”

“ARSE!”

“Oof… Me back… Perché non posso mai atterrare giusto?”

I raise my head, and the first thing I’m greeted with- the very first- is spear tips.

Cazzo.


I find myself locked in an iron cell, with bindings I could- under normal circumstances- easily break.

However, if I’m expected to stay here, I’ll have to get along with these cavalli. Breaking out of prison isn’t an easy way to start.

And besides, if GIlgamesh found out I did that, he’d hunt me down and take my head off. I’m very attached to my new, handsome face. I’d rather keep it on just a little longer.

I stop and smell the air. A familiar scent… Lilac flowers.

Fuck, it’s Moon-moon.

“Where is the intruder? This cell?”

“Princess Luna, you shouldn’t-” The door swings open, and I find myself staring right at the Dream Eater herself. (That’s a good one…)

“Uh… Cheers, love?” I didn’t get to play much Overwatch, but that line stuck with me. And it was a British accent, the easiest fake accent for me to pull up when nervous.

“Geo?”

Welp. Gotta run.

I snap the cuffs off, and slide under her legs, my wings tripping her up. I jump over a guard, and crash straight through the brick wall. “FLY!” I ascend into the air as high as possible. Their magic appears to work based on line of sight. If they can’t see me directly, they can’t attack me.

… And I’m stopped. I feel my momentum drop to a zero. I see Luna flying behind me. She’s glaring at me. “GEO! I don’t know where you’ve been, or what you’ve done, but you will pay for what you did to my sister!”

“Your sister? The Supernova? Ah figured you’d be more pissed at what I did ta you! I practically killed ya in the dream! How’re you not freaking out about that?” She glares, then throws me to the ground.

I narrowly catch myself. “ARE YOU CRAZY? WHAT IF I HIT A BLOODY BUILDING? OR A BYSTANDER? YA KNOW WHAT? FECK THIS! I DON’T REALLY WANNA FIGHT YE TODAY, SO I’LL MAKE SURE TO ONLY GIVE YOU A BRUISE EASY TA COVER UP! This one’s on me! Fire Blast!” The wave of flame is dispersed along her shield. As it fades, she’s greeted with the business end of my fist.

Mega Punch! Sorry! That’s the only cool close-combat type move that doesn’t scratch or scar!”

Luna impacts a cloud. Yes, she impacts it. Don’t ask me how.

“You… I WILL RIP YOU TO SHREDS! YOU DISGUSTING WORM!”

I raise my hands. “Look out, we got a badass over here.”

Unfortunately, I overestimate the distance between us, and get an armored boot-hoof to the gut. I feel an immense pain wrack my body, and I careen backwards.

I feel myself impact a stone wall, and go through several others after it. I shake my head, dazed and confused.

I stop when I hear crying. That snaps me out of everything. I look up, and I see a pony, white coat, staring at- those are my Mega Stones! Why’s she-

“... Celestia?”

The pony stops shaking. I notice that her mane is dishevelled and ruined. She turns around, and my heart aches worse than my stomach. Her eyes are red and puffy. Bags under her eyes. It’s obvious she’s long overdue for a bath. Her makeup’s run off, and stained all over.

“Hey, there, sun-butt. I ah… like the new look you got goin’. Very… Tarzan-y.”

“Geo… is that you?”

My smile fades. “No. Ah’m an overgrown pelican that crash into an orange field.”

Her face… it just does something that words can’t describe. She lights up like…

Like a sunrise.

I suddenly realize how corny I sound.

She leaps onto me, and hugs me tightly, “Oh, Geo! I’m so sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”

I raise her and set her off of me. “You? The feck do you have to be sorry fer? I’m the one who attacked you, yer sister, yer student, yer people, hell. I even attacked Discord, and he’s the closest thing to an equal ya feckin’ got!”

GEO!

“Ohshitniceseeingyougottagonowtoodles!” I grab my Mega Stones, pat Celly on the head, and quickly make like a Mexican in front of the Border Wall, and Dig my way to salvation.

I end up dropping into the armory, and proceed to run. I hear a loud crash behind me, and I begin to worry if I may end up needing new pants before the evening’s over with.

I cover up my tracks with a quick Smokescreen, which I still breath out, by the way, and Fly my way to freedom. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach suddenly, and lose all ability to remain aloft.

“Oh bugger.”

I plummet to the ground. I quickly contort myself, and prepare the best fall-breaking technique in the world. “Sky… DROP!

The superhero landing. Really is hard on the knees, though.

I look up, to see Luna holding a magic-based sword in her hand. It’s aimed at my forehead.

“For all you’ve done… I should kill you here.”

“... Do it, then. Kill me.”

She looks surprised.

“I have committed horrible, horrible deeds. You are the ruler of the nation. It is up to you to decide if that is my punishment. I acted out of base instinct, and rabid impulses, like the fool I am. So, kill me.”

“Are you mocking me?”

“No. But if you are to kill me, then do not mock me. Either move your blade away from my face, or shut up and stab me.”

She glares at me. I glare right back.

“I…”

“SISTER, NO!” A golden wave throws Luna’s blade away from me, and Luna herself is grabbed and held in the sky. I look around for the caster, and feel Celestia latch onto me again.

“Please, sister! I can help him! You don’t have to kill him! Please! I made this mistake! Let me fix it!”

I look to her, “Celestia…”

Luna snarls, and grabs her sister, tearing her away from me, before materializing a very large axe. “HE HAS RUINED YOU, SISTER! He has wormed his way into your mind, and you have broken over it! He runs away for one week, and you’re reduced to this!”

“One week? What the hell? Whaddya mean, one week? I musta been gone for only about a couple hours, at best! No way that Arceus kept me away that… long… oh bugger.” The reconstruction. The remaking of my body. I should’ve known it would take more time than that! I should’ve!

“Can you not see, sister? He’s all the better for it! He did not try to engage you in battle! He ran!”

“He is a coward! Now he has simply shown his true colors!”

I glare, “Okay, I take offense ta that one!”

“Silence, cur! You are nothing but a fool! You have torn apart my sister and left her a wreck! I refuse to allow you to live any longer!” I clock her with a Power-Up Punch. At this point, I don’t give a fuck.

“SHUT!” Another punch.

“YOUR!” Another.

“FUCKING!” Another.

“MOUTH!” I finish. I look at her face. Cheek bashed in, eye bruised. She’ll recover.

“I… am so damn tired. Tired of fighting without a purpose. Tired of getting worked up at the slightest provocation. Tired of acting like some overgrown schoolyard bully… Either kill me… Or don’t. Those are your choices. So… if yer gonna do it…” I raise my hands wide. “Ya better do it with yer best shot.”

Luna glares, and a magic spear appears.

My stomach groans in pain, but she hadn’t even moved yet. I collapse, and unbutton my shirt.

Merda. My stomach has a large scar. A scar shaped like a jagged reptile iris.

The Maintenance. Its tail blade.

“Geo!”

“It’s fine. Now… you’ve got an easy target… Don’t ya Luna?”

She puffs, and the spear angles itself there.

Celestia raises her hand, and tries to protest. “LUNA-”

“SHUT UP, CELLY!” I roar at her. “This… is what she needs. Let her have it.”

Luna stares.

The spear rotates in place, like she wants to drill me through with it. Its blade gleams in the light.

She stares.

My stomach throbs. I almost lose my balance, but my tail keeps me standing.

She stares. I huff, and smoke exits my mouth.

“Why?”

“Hm?”

“Why won’t you fight BACK!?” She opts to smack me with her fist on the chest. She keeps on doing so, wailing and screaming. “WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY!?

I stare at her. She’s crying, too. “Why? You always fought for your life. Your freedom. Your sense of self. Why are you giving up? FIGHT ME! Die with honor, at least!”

I shake my head. “There is no such thing as an honorable death. It’s a lie made by cowards… to send the fools to the grave… And I just said… I’m tired… of fighting… pointless… battles… OhboyhereIgo-”

Out like a light.

Author's Note:

Back. Next chapter will be up soon. Best of luck to all of you. Nothing else to report.

By the way, shinigamisparda, PM me later.

That is all. Enjoy some music.

Comments ( 17 )

So....can he take his old form at will now?

Holy crap... that was epic

Awesome chapter can't wait for more

7379454 Nope. No more fat dragon. Just gijinka man.

7381281 I feel like as a jock by some godly being he should be the fat dragon for a little bit. just the thought makes me laugh.

7383033 A jock? You mean a joke, right?

This is the most hilarious displaced I've ever read. Very few (and I mean very) can actually pull off a good displaced story but you, ya did good kid, ya did good. (Sorry, couldn't help myself:twilightblush:)

First off. I love the bashing of the friendship ideals. Geo is a warrior! Not a pussy!

Second. Geo's new look is great. C=

Finally. I wonder what Geo's new mega forms will be.

7385227 interpret that however you choose

Are you gonna finish the story? It's so much fun!

The superhero landing. Really is hard on the knees, though.

Is...is this a Deadpool reference?

Comment posted by rikithemonk deleted Apr 29th, 2017

So is he a good guy now? im puzzled also i would love to see art of humanoid charizard

Login or register to comment