• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 565 Views, 1 Comments

Guardians of Equestria Chapter 1: Love is Magic Part 1 - SpiritD3t3ctiv3



A young prince and his companion travel to Equestria to escape their mundane routine, only to find themselves fighting for Canterlot's freedom when their enemy unknowingly follows them there.

  • ...
6
 1
 565

Epilogue

Epilogue



Later that day, Finn and Jay helped clean the throne room, as well as the rest of the inside of the castle. The rest of the royal guards had been freed, and where helping the villagers repair the town. Twilight Sparkle and her friends helped out too. Finn and Jay, as well as Twilight and her friends, were treated for whatever wounds they had, and with the healer’s help, Celestia regained her horn. After the entire castle interior was repaired, excluding the sword still protruding out from the throne’s arm, Finn and Jay stood in front of the, almost, fully healed Princess Celestia. The other 6 ponies were there in attendance as well.

“I don’t know how to apologize for something like this”, Jay said truthfully. “All I know is, we've been here barely three days and we failed miserably in saving the day”, Finn said sadly. “Not necessarily”, Celestia said with a small smile, “You saved my life and my kingdom, and I’m eternally in your debt”. “But if it wasn’t for me, Princess Luna would still be here”, Finn said wistfully, bowing his head. “There was nothing any of us could do Finn”, Twilight said reassuringly, trotting up to him, “He could’ve killed her if we attempted anything”.

Finn calmly lifted his head, and gave Twilight a little smile. After giving it much thought, Finn decided to speak his mind. As he finally came to Twilight’s eye level, he stared deeply into her light purple eyes. Twilight giggled nervously as he gave her his attention.

“What is it”? She asked.

“Listen”, Finn began, “ I just wanna say, after what happened, I’d like to no longer refer to you and your friends as ‘not my friends’ “.

Twilight smiled, along with the other 5 ponies. Instantly, a strange mark appeared on both sides of Finn’s flank. Everyone marveled at the sight.

“Holy Haystacks!” Jay exclaimed out of amazement. "Is this what I think it is"? Finn asked, feeling his hopes begin to build up. “That's right, Sergeant ”, Celestia spoke, “that is a cutie mark”. “I can't believe it. I-I never actually thought I'd get one”, Finn admitted. “Hey! It kind of looks a little like YOURS Twilight”! Pinkie Pie piped up.

Twilight glanced at her own Cutie Mark and then at Finn’s. There was certainly a vague similarity between the two, but no pony, not even the princess, had a clue as to why.

“They sure do look similar”, Applejack agreed. “But what in the hay does it mean”? Rainbow Dash inquired. “Well”, Finn said, walking up to the princess’s throne, “we’ll have plenty of time to find out after we stop Draco and save Princess Luna”.

Slowly, Finn grabbed the handle of his sword, and pulled, but it didn’t budge. He pulled and pulled, but it didn’t move, not even a wiggle.

“What’s the deal”?! He exclaimed. “Your sword will be returned to you after you complete your mission”, Celestia said calmly. “But I can’t fight without my sword”! Finn pleaded, “Well I can, but I can’t fight as well”. “You still have your pole rifle”, Jay pointed out.

Finn then remembered he did indeed have his rifle. He went over to where it lay against his saddle bag and picked it up.

“I suppose it’ll do”, Finn decided.

Then after laying his weapon back down next to his bag, he turned to the 6 ponies that he was too afraid and too proud to call his “friends”.

“You ladies up for another adventure”? He asked. “You betcha”! Applejack exclaimed. “Count me in”! Pinkie Pie shouted. “Me too!” Rainbow Dash said energetically. “As long as there isn’t anything involving getting dirty”, Rarity said reluctantly. “I suppose”, Fluttershy said softly.

Twilight nodded. Finn then turned to Jay.

“You ready for this Jay”? Finn asked. “Taylor made, brother”, Jay said with a smirk.

This was not the end, the boys knew this. As Finn and Jay were embraced by their new friends, in their hearts they knew that the challenges ahead of them were not going to be easy. However, a feeling of confidence filled their sense, because they knew they wouldn’t be facing the future alone.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment