• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 8,466 Views, 488 Comments

Keep living for Friendship - alejin



After losing everything he loved, Alex thought it was the end but a promise and determination helped him to keep him alive, now he will venture to a world he never expected to see, Equestria, what adventures are waiting for him there, let's find out.

  • ...
97
 488
 8,466

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33, A day together. . . what is this feeling?

Author's Note:

OK. . . AS PROMISE THE 2ND OF 3, hope you like it too

After a half night of sleep because Luna kept him awake until 2:00 AM, (wow she really is a sore loser Alex thought remembering the last night), Alex proceded to take his shower and get ready to spend another day in Canterlot with his friends, even though all of them had plans for that day they found some time to spend with him, everything was planed. . . first some quality time with Twilight at the Canterlot Lybrary, visit PixelBerry bar with Rarity and Applejack, going with Spike and Pinkie Pie to Donut Joe shop for an donut eating contest, Assist to the Wonderbolts Derby with Rainbow dash (she got two tickets from Spitfire at the Gala) and finally a night little stroll with Fluttershy at the Palace Garden, once dressed and having another good breakfast with everypony and dragon, he exited the palace with Twilight to start this great day.

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Alex and Twilight started their way to the Lybrary, Alex was thinking about what Princess Celestia and Luna told him, to think they could bring him back home was a good thing, he thought about telling them about the portal “posible location” but decided to make sure the night of the meteor shower (after all if part of their magic opened it without them aware of it, obviously they would be able to open it any time they wanted after knowing it exact location)

Twilight noticed Alex distracted said

“Alex. . .are you ok, you seems. . . distant”

“uh?. . . oh! sorry sorry Twilight. . . it’s just I was thinking about my oficial presentation tomorrow. . . how I can’t wait to everypony in Canterlot to know about me. . . after all. . . after what I did yesterday to that Set guy I believe the rumors got worse, just look at them”

Twilight reluctant started to pay more attention to their surroundings. . . Alex was right, everypony as before was staring at him but there was something else. . . they seemed. . . scared, she wondered what kind of lies that Jet Set spreaded about her friend.

“I can see what you mean Alex, but don’t mind them. . . just ignore them, remember you are a Royal guest and friend of the Elements of harmony, If anypony tries to do something funny, there will be consecuences. . .ok now let’s continue our way to the Library” Twilight finished by claping her hooves in an applause”

Once in there Twilight proceded to show Alex around, (she didn’t have time last day since everypony else was there at that moment) Alex was really impresed, it’s not like he didn’t visit a Lybrary before but this one was at least 5 times bigger, so much. . . knowledge, after picking a “horror book” by Twilight recomendation, he read the first 3 chapters. . it wasn’t that bad. . . still too soft next to Stephen King ones but enjoyable, he shared his opinions with Twilight who was so happy for finally having a book discution with somepony, (she tried once with rainbow dash but. . . let’s just say it didn’t end well), after another hour of reading and talking, Alex said farewell to her to reunite with his next friends, but before he exited the Lybrary Twilight informed him that her Brother and Cadence would be present at his presentation, Alex smiled and nooded to her, to be honest the more ponies who knew him would be there the better, after that he finally started his way to PixelBerry bar

APPLEJACK AND RARITY

When Alex finally arrived at PixelBerry’s place. . .he was shocked to see so many ponies there. . .nobles amongs them, making his way inside (someponies scared even gave him space to pass) he found Applejack and Rarity drinking Cherry cider and talking with PixelBerry and. . . Fancy pants?”

“Hey everypony. . . Ladies. . .Fancy pants”

“Howdy Sugarcube”

“Hello Darling”

“Hello Alex my human friend”

“Oh Alex hiiiiii”

PixelBerry said last before tackling Alex in a crushing hug

“It’s so. . . ug. . . nice to see you too PixelBerry but please. . . I. . .need. . .air”

“Oh sorry. . . sorry. . . it’s just I’m so happy and gratefull to see you” she said releasing Alex much to her grief

“Really??. . . hmmm, ok? If I have to guess by seeing Fancy Pants here and the lack of paintings in your walls I must say the reunión for the presentation at the gallery went well. . . right?”

Fancy Pants answered “As clever as always my dear friend, yes my friend of the Gallery picked many of Mrs PixelBerry paintings and will make a full presentation next week, If I must say you should ask for PixelBerry autograph now because after the presentation I’m pretty sure it will be something very hard to get for everypony will want it”

Everypony laughed but not in a bad manner, They all knew that may be true, then looking at Applejack he said

“So Applejack, how you like Pixel Cherry cyder. . . good isn’t it??”

“Ah must say partner, this cyder isn’t half bad, ah already told to her that ah will talk to some of ma friends in Ponyville bars to consider make business with her”

“Glad to hear that, and you Rarity. . .what you think?”

“It’s very tasty, until now I only had tasted Apple cyder that is really delicious. . . but I must admit. . . tasting something new like this is very enjoyable, but not only that. . . I wanted to see her other paintings. . . too bad many of them are not here right now. . . I guess that will have to wait until next week”

PixelBerry blushed and said

“Thankyou very much Lady Rarity and Applejack, It make me so happy to know you like my product and my art, I’m really proud of my cherry cyder but I don’t think it is near good as the famous Sweet Apple Acres Cyder”

“Yah knew about our cyder sugarcube?”

“Oh yes, some time ago one friend of mine brought a barril to Manehattan, when we all taste it. . .there was no doubt for any of us why it was so famous. . . to be honest. . . that is what ispired me to open a juice bar and make my cherry cyder, I wanted to make Apple cyder as well. . . but I think Cherry is more my style”

Applejack blushed a little by finding out she inspired somepony with her cyder made by love and said

“Yeh sugarcube, trust me I really can see that”

After that Alex and his friends shared some drinks together and talked random stuff, Alex wasn’t surprised to find out that Le Fleur was absent since she had to travel to Trottinham for her model work (to be honest. . . he thought she was hot, she reminded him to the princesses in someway, she surely could pass as a princess if she wanted to), some time later Alex said goodbye to the group and promised to visit Pixel presentation next week alongside with Rarity and maybe Sweetie Bell.

SPIKE AND PINKIE PIE

At Joe’s donut place Alex found Pinkie Pie and Spike having a conversation with Joe, Alex aproached to them and said

“Hello everypony and dragon!”

“Hi Ali!!” Pinkie said with another hug that easily matched PixelBerry’s”

“Nice. . . as cheerfull as always Pinkie, but remember. . . air”

“Just 5 more seconds please. . . . . and done”

“. . . . thanks”

“Hey partner. . . how was everything with PixelBerry” Spike said

“Excelent Spike, I believe you and me discovered the next Canterlot’s great artist”

“Glad to hear that”

“Hello Alex, nice to see you again”

“Hey Joe. . . well it’s nice to be back here, after all your donuts are really something”

“Thanks Alex and don’t forget to tell that to everypony” Alex nooded “Ok. . .ready for the contest?”

“OH yeah”

After getting everything ready. . .one big table where a dragon, a pony and a human were gathered to see who could eat more donuts, even though Alex was really confident with his appetite he knew Pinkie Pie was an endless bottom, but he at least wanted to be more than a match, Spike by his part was more confident, he knew that maybe beating Pinkie Pie was imposible at least Alex would be at third place, by her part Pinkie pie was just wondering why she was Pink, without them noticing, the event gathered a lot of ponies, after all. . . it’s not common to see three diferent species (one big monkey and a dragon amongs them) competing.

“Ok Alex, Pinkie and Spike, the rules are simple, one at a time I will serve you a donut, when you are done eating it another one will be served until you can no longer continue, if you say “I give up” or throw up you are out, the one who eats more donuts will be the winner got it?” (they three nooded) “Ok. . . ready. . . let’s get started”

Inmediately Joe served the first donuts to them, everyone of the finished it with ease, then another one came, no problem, and the another one and so, when they finally reached the 15th one Alex was speechless, how in the world he reached 15 donuts, he remembered how he almost got sick trying to reach for 10 donuts back home, maybe his “adaptation” to this world also increased his apettite but that didn’t make sense, after all he ate his usual breakfast and never felt hungry until the next meal. . . then he remembered he was in Equestria and left the manner alone, Continuing the contest, at the 20th donut only Pinkie and Alex left, Spike gave up at the 17th one

“Oh Ali, I have to admit, you are the first pony to go this far with me in an eating contest, I’m reaaaaally impresed”

“Thanks Pinkie, but tell me. . . . how you manage to eat so much and yet being so thin and healthy?”

Pinkie blushed a little and said

“Oh silly. . . that’s why hopping almost all the time and doing somersault are for, they are a good source to burn the extra calories”

(Well. . . that’s actually make sense, just as you said Celestia, being a pony is an excersize itself)

it was at the 25th donut that Alex finally sucumb, Pinkie Pie really seemed like she could eat at least 100 more donuts. . . .really where she puts all that food! Alex thought

“And the winner is PINKIE PIE!!!!” Donut Joe said

Everypony there applauded for her victory and for Alex great effort, standing up to go to the bathroom Alex once again was attacked by a Pinkie’s crushing hug

“Ohh Ali. . . that was so much fun, let’s do it some other time ok??”

“Yes. . .but. . . ug Pinkie. . . you see. . . I’m a little full right now. . . so it would be wise if you wouldn’t hug me so. . .”

“Oh please. . . just 10 more seconds” Pinkie said tighting the hug, at that moment Donut Joe and Spike inmediately cover Alex mouth but it was a worthless effort, everypony would remember that as a funny but really really really gross day

RAINBOW DASH

Alex finally arrived at the Derby to meet his rainbow colored mane friend, she was there in front of the entrance when she finally saw him she flied to him and smack him in the head

“Ouch. . . what was that for?”

“you are almost late dude, I may not be as the others but I’m still a girl you know, it’s not cool to let a mare waiting”

“I’m sorry dashie, let’s just say. . . I had a little problem and I had to take two showers and go back to the palace for a new set of clothes”

“I see. . .you know you have to tell me the whole story right?”

“. . . . yes I know”

After laughing like a crazy mare hearing Alex. . . puke story, Rainbow and Alex finally entered to the derby and took their seats, as always many ponies stared at him but he was used to this by now.

“Who do you think is going to win Rainbow?”

“FleetFoot!! Definetily!!” after all she was the winner last time, she may not be as strong as the others but she compensate it with speed”

“Ok. . . but don’t forget that according to rumors. . . Soarin and SpitFire have doubled their training, (What? I’ve been reading some of their magazines pushed by Rainbow) If that’s true. . . my pony is SpitFire”

“hehehe, want to make a bet??”

“. . . how much?”

“20 bits and a all you can eat at hoofdonalds”

“You got it.. . . but If I win I can change it to an all you can eat at sugarcube corner. . . you know I’m not exactly a hayburgers fan”

“Deal” Rainbow dash said and spitted in her hoof which Alex responded by spitting in his fist and clashed it and clashing them much to disgust for everypony else present

After some minutes the race finally started, it was amazing, Alex remembered how fast the pegasi from last night were but the wonderbolts were in whole other level, the race didn’t last more than a minute and. . .

“And the winner is. . .is. . . FleetFoot by a literally a nose with SpitFire”

“OH CMON!!!” Alex said

“YES!!! 20 BITS AND AN ALL I CAN EAT AT HOOFDONALDS. . . WHAT A AWESOME DAY!!”

“Well. . . what can I say, here. . .take your bits (he handed over the money to cheerfull Rainbow) and for the invitation, I haven’t seen a hoofdonalds here in Canterlot. . . let’s go the next week in Ponyville ok?

“Ok dude, it’s on, ok I think it’s getting a bit late and you I believe you don’t want to be late to your date with Fluttershy”

“hahahaha, nice joke Rainbow dash, it’s not a date. . . as with you and everypony, I will just spend some friendly time with her, trust me I’ve noticed how nice she is with me but it’s not like she likes me”

“Dude. . . normally any mare would stay quiet but that’s not my style so I’ll say it straigh. . . “Its a fact that . . . FLUTTERSHY LIKES YOU. . . VERY MUCH, what’s with you males that never notice when a girl likes you. . . me and the rest believed it was so obvious. . . anyway you by the other hoof are not so easy to read so I can’t say if you feel the same for her. . . maybe because she is a pony” (Rainbow said the last part almost whispering for Alex couldn’t hear her)

Alex only stared at Rainbow with disbelieving eyes. . .still thinking she was joking

“Ok. . .don’t believe me, just do me a favor. . . in your “not date” tonight. . . kiss her in the cheek. . . her reaction will tell you everything. . . ok?”

“Ok. . . but isn’t that a little. . .rude”

“Trust me. . . for her. . . coming from you. . . it wont, I’ll see you later at the palace, I remembered I need to go somewhere else before. . . cya”

Rainbow finished before flying away leaving her caracteristic rainbow trace, Alex stayed there for some minutes, thinking of what Rainbow just told him, could it be true? Was he that oblivious? (Maybe the animes main characters weren’t so idiots after all. . . or he was as idiot as them. . .probably the second) do Fluttershy really have feelings for him?. . . and if that was the case. . . how would he respond. . . ok first things first. . . let’s find out if is true.

FLUTTERSHY

At the moment Alex arrived to the Palace garden he found Fluttershy already there, feeding some birds.

“Hi Fluttershy. . . I see you started without me”

“Yip!. . . Oh hi Alex, I’m sorry but I saw this beatiful birds here in the light of the moon and couldn’t help my self. . . please don’t be mad”

“Easy Fluttershy I’m not mad, besides you didn’t do anything wrong, cmon let me help you”

“Yes!”

With the feeding of birds done Fluttershy and Alex started their walking through the garden, it was really beautifull, there was no comparasion with the ones in Ponyville, they spended some good time looking at the flora and fauna, it was like a safari, there were tucans, wallabies, monkeys and many kind of birds. . . according to Fluttershy at least one kind of bird were in that garden, even a Phoenix (Alex decided to ask later)

After hearing that Alex noticed she was right that night at the tech demostration, if it was true that every kind of bird were in that garden then. . . . Quetzales really didn’t exist in this world, no wonder why Fluttershy took great liking to it, Alex made a promise to himself, if he somehow managed to return Earth and come back here, he would bring her some Quetzales (the problem is how to get them, after all. . . like any patriot bird of every country, catching, selling and buying them is ilegal. . . minor details he thought)

They kept walking and talking random stuff until a little tired they decided to take a break in a bench and started to look at the stars (how could ponies shune this beautifull nights Alex thought) oblivious to him Fluttershy wasn’t looking at the sky, she was blushing a little, Alex then looked at her and she with a “yep” started to look at the stars too, he then remembered what Rainbow said, was he crazy enough to do what she told him. . . (he kissed Fluttershy cheek) YES HE WAS!

Fluttershy after feeling Alex’s lips touching her cheek and then leaving it only stayed there shocked, she started to shake and sweat a little and finally she fainted with a smile in her muzzle

“Wow. . .or Rainbow was right and she fainted for excitement or it grossed her enought to knock her out. . . Rainbow. . . it seems maybe you were right. . . yay”

Not wanting to leave Fluttershy there, he proceded to carry her (princess style) to her room, he was so surprised finding out she wasn’t heavy at all, many guards looked at him with suspicious eyes but he told them she was sleepy, thanks to some directions given by them he managed to find her room, he left her there and covered her with sheets and proceded to go to his own room for a good rest, after all his formal presentation was the next day.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Alex, Spike and the mane 6 were having a funny picnic day at the park, everything was perfect, after a good brunch and rest Alex not knowing why proposed a little race throught the park, how surprised he was when everypony accepted, all of them took their positions and started to run/trott, to his suprise Alex started to run faster and faster, he was leaving everypony behind, he won the race but his feet didn’t stop no matter how much he tried, everypony and Spike scared and still runing as well started to scream at him to stop, Fluttershy was in tears but he kept running until a light appeared infront of him, he continued runing to it and just a second before crossing it he. . . . screamed to his friends. . . .

“Good bye everypony, it was fun!!!”

At that moment Alex woke up, wow, that was a weird dream. . . what was it. . . did it mean his eventual goodbye. . . maybe, deciding to let it be and feeling thirsty again he proceded to go for another glass of wáter, good luck now he knew his way to the royal kitchen which will make this trip a lot faster, when he opened the door to exit. . . he was shocked to find Fluttershy just in front of him. . .shaking and crying silently, he didn’t lose time and asked

“What. . . what is it Fluttershy? Something wrong?”

“I. . . I. . . I had a nightmare”

“Oh. . .fiu, thank God it was only that, no problem. . .let’s go to find Princess Luna to help you get rid of. . . ”

Alex was interrupted with a soft tackle from her, he trying to compose inmediatily noticed she was sobbing hard and then she said

“Please. . . Please. . .don’t go anywhere. . .don’t leave us. . . don’t leave me. . .not like that”

“What?? what are you talking about, leave you like. . .how?

“I dreamed that you . . . you. . . were. . . saying goodbye to us. . . like if you were going to leave. . . and would never come back, it felt like if you were. . . were. . . going to die”

After saying that she tighed the hug, Alex was speechless, he just had a weird dream (maybe a premonition dream) but. . . Fluttershy dreamed he (aparently) died?. . . that was ridiculous, he not knowing what else to do started to stroke her mane and said

“Fluttershy. . .that’s ridiculous, It’s true I would go back to Earth if I have the chance but I promise you I’m not planing to die, and trust me I don’t have any Illness or something like that for that nightmare to come true, don’t worry, it was just a nightmare, want me to go with you to find Princess Luna and talk about it?”

“. . . .No. . . just. . . let me stay like this for some more time please”

“Ok” Alex said still stroking her mane said

“Fluttershy. . . sorry for what happened last night”

“what? sorry. . . . . . I only remember looking the stars with you and then is all blank. . . what happened. . . did I do something embarasing?”

“No No No, nothing. . . just forget it ok, trust me it was nothing”

“. . . . Ok”

They remained like that for at least 10 minutes until Fluttershy finally calmed down and let Alex accompaned her to her room to try to sleep again, Oblivious to them in another room Pinkie Pie woke up by her Pinkie Sense, when it finished she only stayed there. . . .sobbing and said to herself

“It had been so long since I didn’t feel this combo and I was hopping to never feel it again. . . . . . body shaking. . . tears comming unintentionally and the heart aching. . . my most hated combo!!”

After calming down she finally was able to go back to sleep wishing with all her heart that this combo was nothing more than a coincidence. . . since the last and only time it happened was. . . when somepony close to her. . . went to a place where she could never reach, it happened. . . when her beloved grandmother. . . died

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At the catacombs, BlueBlood and Chrysalis were giving one last speech to all their lackays, all of them wearing black armors, Ponies and Changelings, they weren’t exactly friends but they had the same goal.

“Ok my Ponies. . .and changelings, tomorrow we will atack with all our might, we will finally conquer Canterlot and don’t worry, even if the three Alicorns will be here, we outnumber them and we have two triump cards, the surprise elements and these (they showed the Alicorn amulets), trust us. . .the victory is a fact, there will not be anything that will stop us.

Every lackay cheered and scream while BlueBlood only thought

“Hahahaha, tomorrow a new era will begin and for you monkey. . .oh what I have prepared for you”

PreviousChapters Next