• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 8,465 Views, 488 Comments

Keep living for Friendship - alejin



After losing everything he loved, Alex thought it was the end but a promise and determination helped him to keep him alive, now he will venture to a world he never expected to see, Equestria, what adventures are waiting for him there, let's find out.

  • ...
97
 488
 8,465

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17, It's your time Lyra, Hello Ponyville

Author's Note:

Ok, another chapter, hope you like it, please comment.

After some good running at the hospital halls, Alex and Spike were finally stopped by Twilight and Rarity, Spike was so eager to at least smack Alex once in the head, (of course he wasn’t planing to burn him, the fire was only to scare him, even though Alex face full of fear was priceless), After, both being restricted by their magic, Alex proceded to apologize.

“Ok, Ok, Spike, I’m sorry, I didn’t know Rarity called you (he had to use all his mental capacity to not laught) Spikie Wikie, I . . pufs, . . . take everything back, let’s just say. . . that name doesn’t work for me, but if you like it, well. . . you like it.”

“Ok. . . . I forgive you, but one more thing, you will say that nickname is manly and you will let Lyra call you Alexis wikie”

At that moment, Alex could watch Lyra looking at them with hopefull eyes, she wanted him so badly to say yes.

“. . . . . Spike. . . you know that’s not going to happen, but I’ll say this, I’m sorry I said that Nickname is lame, it’s manly ok, it’s just. . . . I just don’t like it ok”

Spike just kept starting at him, Alex had to use his secret weapon to seal the deal.

“Uhg, FINE!, I will give you 2 full buckets of gems just for you”

“Three” Spike said

“Two” he responded

Three”

“Two”

“Four”

“The half of that”

“Deal!!! . . . . . wait what?”

“Ok then it’s settled, two full buckets”

At that very moment, Twilight and Rarity freed them, Everypony including them was laughting of how Alex managed to Outsmart Spike, Pinkie even was writting with a pencil in a notebook he could swear she didn’t have a second ago the prank he just played on Spike.

Then everypony proceded to tell the guards that it was safe to let Lyra go, they reluctant just looked at Alex to give them the green light, Alex noded and told them now she was his friend and so please let her go, they both noded and let them all out from there.

Once outside, they continued their way to the Mayor office, and of course Sweetie bell reclaimed her spot in Alex head, so much dawwwww for everypony, (Alex could swear he saw Lyra with a look that showed she wished to be a fillie at that very moment) the scenerio hadn’t changed, Ponyville was almost like a ghost town, this caused Lyra to frown a little.

“Jeez, I knew it!, why do they have to be like that, well I do have to admit, when our local Zebra came for the first time, we were all afraid of her and hidde everytime she came, but when she show us she was harmless, she became a good frined of Ponyville, Alexis is the same, he already showed us by saving us from being traded by those dogs, all by himself!, were they blind at that moment or what?”

“Ok, thanks Lyra, but just for one thing, it wasn’t all by myself, Spike, Zecora and Sweetie bell played their roles perfectly, heck they even did all the job, I just talked to them, (Sweetie bell smiled, still on his head) it was a team work, please give them the credit they deserve, I’m as good as my team”

“Oh, ok Alexis, it’s true, sorry Spike and Sweetie bell, (they noded, letting her know they weren’t offended) by the way I noticed something, at that moment you both were wearing. . . . hoods, can I ask why??”

“Well, Alex started, I. . . always liked hoods, they are so practical, they protect you from getting too much sun, it gives you a mystery presence, and. . . . a. . . Screw that, most of all I just think it’s cool ok?” “Yeah!!! Well said Alex!” Spike said then.

“I see. . . . (well maybe it’s a male thing, even so, I have to admit, those are indeed kind of cool, maybe I can ask Rarity. . . ), anyway, is there a posibility that maybe someday. . . we could talk a little at my place and answer some questions I have for you???” Lyra asked with expecting eyes

“Ok, I don’t see why not?, maybe someday but instead coming to your place, come to Twilight’s, I’m pretty sure she still has some. . . . a lot of questions for me (Twilight noded furiosly)”

“Ok!, but right now, I just keep wondering, where are we going?”

“Well. . . . Twilight said, we are going to Mayor Mare office, we want to ask for her help, to introduce Alex to everypony, you know, a public presentation, we think, it would be better than just going one by one like we did with Zecora, at least they gave her a chance because she resemblances a pony, but with Alex, maybe that wouldn’t have the same effect”

“Ohhhh, I see, well. . . . . it’s a good plan, but know this, when we do it, if anypony tries to hurt him or start calling him names, I can’t promise I wont personally buck them in the face”

“Trust me Lyra, Applejack said, ya’r not the only one who thinks that way (Everypony and Spike noded)”

After some minutes, they finally reach the central hall, where Mayor Mare office was, they knocked her door who was obviously locked and closed.

Twilight getting irritated said “MAYOR MARE!!, PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!, TRUST ME IT’S SAFE, IT’S ME TWILIGHT AND FRIENDS!!

They waited a little, after one or two minutes, they finally heard the door being unlocked from inside.

Oblivious of Alex presense, Mayor Mare show her head a little, “Ok. . . Twilight, if, if you say so, now tell me what you all want??”

“We want you to meet our friend, Alex the human!!” she inmediatily stepped aside to let her see her friend

Mayor Mare only gasped and proceded to inmediatily close the door, but she was inmediatily stopped by Twilight, Rarity and Lyra’s magic

“What are you all doing??”

“Mayor!!, he is not dangerous, how could you! Like everypony forgot what he, Spike, Sweetie bell and Zecora did for all of us??, don’t you think he at least deserves a chance”

“Well. . . I. . I”

“Yeah! Rainbow dash interrupted, he and his friends risked their lives for us and you all shuned him like some kind of decease, remember this also happened with Zecora, but surprise, she ended being a good friend and her potions helps many sick ponies today, and she is even not a pony, tell me, how is Alex different!!?”

“I must say, now rarity said, I’m so dissapointed Mayor, Alex Darling here has not done anything to deserve this kind of treatment, it’s just so. . . . uncivilized if i must say”

“But, but. . . . . . sorry, you are right, I’m afraid let Ponyville missjudged somepony again, I’m really sorry Mr Alex”

After she said that, with her head down in shame and laid down in the floor, , she waited for some kind of insult from the human, a well deserved insult.

Alex then, just got near her, crouched to her level, she raised her head to look at him, (he wasn’t really that scary, she thought)

“Don’t worry Miss Mayor, I forgive you, you are just scared, sometimes the fear takes the best of us, I’m sure you are a good Mayor, please stand up."

Alex took her hoof to helped her to stand up again, she never expected this, this creature she just thought was hostile and dangerous have just told her he wasn’t angry at her and he even was helping her after the way she treated him, once in her hooves, Alex said

“Ok, now. . . hello Mr Mayor, my name is Alex, I’m honored to meet you”

“Ohh, thanks Alex, well. . . I’m Mayor Mare and. . . the honor is all mine and thanks for forgiving me”

“Gee, no problem Mayor, ok, now, I’d like to say this was just a normal visit, but to be honest we are here for a reason. . . . Twilight please”

“You see Mayor, as you was acting a minute ago, it seems that everypony is as well acting that way, Just like with Zecora, the Cakes. . . . I’m sorry Pinkie but I have to tell her (Pinkie noded, aproving her) the Cakes even called him names like Freak and Monster (Mayor Mare gasped, true, she was scared but that’s was too much), so we thought, maybe you could help us, we need you to let us organize a Assembly, where we could present Alex to everypony, and show them once and for all he is harmless, please will you help us”

Mayor Mare only smiled and noded “Of course Twilight, you have my full permition, we can even use the Central hall if you want, after meeting Alex here, I could not look at me at the mirror if i don’t do anything to help him”

“Thankyou Mayor, to be honest, I always thought all politician were fat, old, ugly and evil, but you have so proved my theory to be so wrong, you are very kind and well. . . also kind of cute if i have to say it.

She blushed hard “OH well. . . thank you Alex, ok, what are we waiting for, let’s go now, we have an Assembly to prepare”

It took a little while, but with the help of everypony, Mayor mare and some pony workers (Mayor Mare explained everything to them and now were unafraid of him, much to his relief), they finally had the platform ready, a courtain and all, Everypony and Spike managed to deliver all the calls to all ponyville, saying Mayor Mare had something very important to say and everypony had to come, no exception, she also told them to not be afraid of the “Monster”, since the Elements of Harmony would be there as “Protection”. Actually it helped to bring everypony to the Assembly, after all they indeed trusted the Elements.

Once Everypony was gathered in the Central hall, waiting for what their Mayor had to say, they could see all the Elements also gathered together in the Platform with the Mayor, Lyra and Spike were in the crowd waiting for the moment, Alex by his part was behind the courtain, sweeting a lot, he was nervious, what if they panic? What if they try to hurt him? He inmediatily drop those negatives though, it would turn ok, his friends are there, he thought, everything will be alright.

Mayor Mare then proceded to step forward to start her speech, she cleared her throath and started

“Citizen of Ponyville, we are here reunited for one important reason, a reason that will be revealed by somepony who is not me, (Everypony, even the elements lookes at her confused) the news involves my newest friend I just made today and he wanted somepony else to give the news to you, he told me. . . it was her moment, and that he or anypony didn’t have the right to take it from her, so please Miss Lyra, would you please give the honors??”

Lyra only gasped, like everypony, they all thought, why her, why that crazy pony had to give the news, Lyra only started to cry (Oh sweet Celestia, THANK YOU ALEX, THANKYOU, she thought), she slowly walked to the platform, and when she was infront of everypony, she looked at the Elements and the mayor who were giving her a warm smile and a look that told “go ahead, enjoy it, you earned it”

After returning the smile, she proceded to make a very improvised speech (geez Alexis, you could at least give me some kind of hint you were planing this), grabing the microphone she started

“CITIZEN OF PONYVILLE, AS YOU ALL KNOW, FOR MANY YEARS I HAVE ALWAYS BEING TELLING YOU THAT A CERTAIN SPECIES OF CREATURES EXISTED, THE HUMANS, I KNOW THAT MANY TIMES. . . ALL OF YOU THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY, SOMETIMES I EVEN STARTED TO BELIEVE IT TOO, BUT DURING THIS PAST MONTH, WE RECIEVED THE VISIT OF A UNKNOWN CREATURE, MANY OF YOU KNOW HIM AS THE “KIND THIEF”, HE TOOK SUPPLIES FROM MANY STORES, BUT HE DIDN’T STEAL ANYTHING, HE PAYED FOR THEM WITH LOTS OF GEMS AT SUCH DEGREE, MANY OF YOU EVEN WISHED FOR A VISIT FROM HIM, BUT MANY ALSO WERE VERY AFRAID SINCE NOPONY HAD EVER SAW HIM, THEN YESTERDAY WE WERE ATACKED BY THOSE DOGS, WE WERE DEFEATED AND WERE GOING TO BE SLAVES, BUT THIS CREATURE, THIS KIND THIEF, HE ALONGSIDE WITH A VERY BRAVE DRAGON, FILLIE AND ZEBRA, SAVED US FROM THAT FATE WITH A STORY I ONLY CAN DESCRIBE AS CRAZY BUT GENIOUS, I CANT SAY IM PROUD OF WHAT I DID AFTER THAT, I TRIED TO FOALNAP HIM, YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE HE WAS THE ANSWER OF ALL MY PLEAS, HE WAS . . . A HUMAN!!, A REAL LIVING HUMAN!!, THE VERY SAME CREATURE I ALWAYS TOLD YOU EXISTED, THAT YOU WERE ALWAYS MADE FUN OF ME, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO SHOW YOU I WASN’T CRAZY AT ALL, AND ALSO WANTED TO HAVE HIM JUST FOR MYSELF, I WAS SO WRONG AT THAT MOMENT, BUT EVEN AFTER WHAT I DID, HE FOUND IN HIS HEART THE WILL TO FORGIVE ME, AND NOW HE IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS, HE IS NOT A MONSTER, HE IS NOT A FREAK, AND I CAN ASURE YOU HE IS A GOOD FRIEND TO ME, THE ELEMENTS, OUR LOCAL DRAGON AND ZEBRA, AND EVEN A GOOD FRIEND TO THE MAYOR, PLEASE GIVE A WARM WELCOME TO THE FIRST AND I REALLY HOPE NOT LAST HUMAN TO EQUESTRIA. . . . . . ALEXI. . . . NO. . .I MEAN. . . . ALEX!!!!”

Lyra used her magic to open the courtain to show what it was behind, there he was looking so nervious, obviously he was scared, (He didn’t bring any of his tools, he didn’t need to show he was hostile) he used all his will to start walking to where Lyra was, every step was so heavy, he tried to ignore all the stares and glares he was recieving, when he finally reached Lyra, he started to stroke her mane, (she liked it so much) and grabing the microphone he proceded to say

“HELLO PONYVILLE, AS MY FRIEND LYRA HERE TOLD YOU, MY NICK NAME IS ALEX, BUT MY TRUE NAME IS ALEJANDRO, ONLY MY FRIENDS CALL ME ALEX, SO FOR THE TIME BEING, I’D REALLY APRECIATE IF YOU CALL ME BY MY REAL NAME, PLEASE DON’T BE OFFENDED, BUT IT’S THE WAY I THINK, IT’S REALLY A PLEASURE TO FINALLY MEET ALL OF YOU, I WANT TO SAY, YES, I WAS THE “KIND THIEF”, I’M REALLY SORRY FOR TRASPASSING YOUR PROPERTY WITHOUT YOUR PERMITION, BUT I NEEDED WHAT I TOOK, I HOPE I PAID THE RIGHT AMOUNT (no pony said anything, in fact, he overpaid a lot), EVEN TOUGH LYRA GAVE ME SO MUCH CREDIT FOR IT, I HAVE TO SAY IT AS WELL, I DIDN’T SAVE YOU ALONE, ME AND MY TEAM DID, SPIKE, ZECORA, EVEN SWEETIE BELL HELPED US TO MAKE THE DIAMOND DOGS BELIEVE OUR LITTLE MADE UP STORY, THEY DESERVE AS MUCH OR EVEN MORE CREDIT FOR WHAT WE DID, PLEASE DON’T FORGET THAT, AND FINALLY, I WANT TO SAY, I REALLY MEAN NO HARM TO ANY OF YOU, I REALLY HOPE TO GET ALONG WELL WITH ALL OF YOU, AND PLEASE DON’T BE AFRAID, I CAN BE A GOOD FRIEND. . . IF YOU LET ME, SOOO, PONYVILLE, WHAT YOU SAY?”

The silence and tensión was almost touchable, no pony dare to say anything, for Alex, it was not a good signal, feeling defeated, he slowly turned his back to them and started to walk away, he was fighting to not let tears come out, he only gave about five steps when he felt something poking his leg, he tried to ignore it, but it was so persistent, he slowly turned aroung and say a little purple unicorn filly with yellow mane, she was just staring at him, with a peace of paper and a pencil in her mouth, she let them on the floor and with her mouth free she said

“hmmmm, Mr Alejandro, is there a posibility I can have an. . . . (she blushed a little), a little autograph, I already asked Spike and Zecora theirs, only yours I don’t have yet, please, you all are very cool and brave, please???”

Alex recognized her, from many memes, she was. . . Dinkie, yeah Dinkie, he wonder if the Memes were right, was she the daughter of that very famous pegasus called Derpy, (he liked her too, her eyes were very cute and unique).

“Ok little cutie, no problem, I don’t think I’m amazing, but. . . if you want my autograph, who am I to say no, tell me, what’s your name”

“Dinkie, Dinkie Doo”, (so her mother, if she is who I think she is, may be called Ditzie doo or Derpy doo, (I guess Derpy Hooves was just a myth), I should be carefull to not call her Derpy to not offend her, even though I rather Derpy, it’s cuter)

“Ok Dinkie, (Alex put his sign in the paper) to Dinkie doo, My first little cutie fan” and then proceded to give her paper back, she just stared a it, and then made an squee sound, and as fast as Pinkie, she proceded to run to her mother and showed it to her

“Mom see, see, I have his autograph, I told you he was kind, if Sweetie bell trusted in him, he could not be an evil creature”

“Yeah, you are right my little Muffin”, (yeah! Derpy! Another myth proved to be true, well actually two, she does like muffins too), then she screamed at Alex “thank you so much Mr Alejandro, she wanted so badly your autograph since yesterday!!”

After this, many other fillies and colts with also their mouth full with papers and pencils proceded to aproach Alex, he gladly, proceded to sign any paper he got in front of him, while he was signing them, they were telling him how cool he and Spike was, how those hoods looked so awesome, asking him if could actually knew how to use his weapons (he never used them with the dogs after all), after some minutes, everypony joined the foals, greeting Alex, (and almost everypony aproached Lyra to apologize and congratulate her for being right, for her looks and tears of joy, it was obvious this was one of the best days of her life) asking random questions, The Cakes even begged him to forgive them for insulting him, he only noded and told them to not worry. Everything turned to be alright, this day started really good, and ended even better.

PreviousChapters Next