• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 8,435 Views, 488 Comments

Keep living for Friendship - alejin



After losing everything he loved, Alex thought it was the end but a promise and determination helped him to keep him alive, now he will venture to a world he never expected to see, Equestria, what adventures are waiting for him there, let's find out.

  • ...
97
 488
 8,435

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29, A day in the school. . . . I know your pain

Author's Note:

Ok, I was in the mood to release a new chapter soon, I hope you like it, comments are welcome, thanks.

For Alex this past week was a war, the mane 6, the crussaders Spike. . . even Luna asking him the show them more games and movies every 10 minutes, having enough and to end this, he managed to make a deal, Movie nights every 3 days, the first one they watched last night was.. . . . the Ice age 1, although everypony liked it, Rainbow and Spike were a little dissapointed, they wanted so bad to see Captain America or Iron man, Alex promised them that they would watch it later in private since the movie could be a little strong for the crussaders, (even though he saw worse movies when he was 8) what Alex really had to acknowledge was how amazing was the Amplification spell Twilight used to make the screen 6 times bigger, it was like having a mini theater at Twilight home, really magic is really cool he thought, in the case of the Ps Vita, the rules were simple most of all for Spike (since he was the only one who could play every game for his hands/claws, Twilight only used it top play angry birds and Zombies vs plants), chores and training first, then 2 hours of playing per day, yep he indeed became mom, he knew Twilight could control herself but he really didn’t want to spoil Spike’s life too much.

/////////////////////////////////////

The next day, Alex was preparing for his demostration with everyfilly at Cherelee’s school, he still remembered when she came to ask him to come and oficially meet her students and answer some questions, everyfilly since weeks were asking Sweetie bell to bring him someday (they knew she was one of his closest friends), he gladly agreed, Alex loved children and Sweetie Bell asking him with puppy eyes sealed the deal, he knew it would be fun since he remembered when the visits Angela’s school for family’s apreciation days.

Now he was thinking what to show, Technology was definitely out of question, he had enough already with his friends knowing and asking about his devices, he even had to convince and make the crussaders pinkie promise to not tell anypony about what he showed them, at the end he decided to bring his assasin’s gear.

With everything packed, he proceded his way to the school alongside with his little sister.

“I’m so excited, all my friends at school will finally meet my awesome big brother!”

“Gee thanks sister, I just hope to not dissapoint them”

“Yeah right, that’s imposible, you are the coolest human I met and the best brother ever”

“Sweetie Bell. . . I’m a the only human you ever met”

“So what? still you are. . . at least for me, never forget that”

Alex then grabbed his sister in his arms and placed on his head much to her pleasure

“Say Sweetie, you told anypony about me coming today?

“yep, everypony is so excited! be prepared for a lot of questions Alex, but. . . . just a little warning”

“uhu”

“Be carefull with two earth ponies, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, they probably will try to say or ask something to upset you, they are the worst, Diamond Tiara most of them both, they are just big minnies”

“Easy sister, maybe. . . there is a reason for their behavior, maybe Diamond Tiara just fell lonely or sad for something”

“Oh you are not serious, she is the richest fillie in all Ponyville, her dad give her everything she wants, she is just a big evil spoiled fillie”

“You think so?. . . .well. . . let’s see about that, you know. . . my mom used to say that sad people needs to make other feel sad to try to feel better”

“I’m so sorry big brother, but me and my friends really don’t think Diamond has a reason to being mean, It’s just who she is, simple as that”

“I see. . . (sorry if I try to stand for her sister but. . . . maybe you haven’t seen what I saw) anyway, thanks for the warning, don’t worry I won’t mind if she tries to bother me”

“Ok!!”

After that Alex and Sweetie kept their way to the school, when they finally arrived, every fillie just stared as Alex, most of all how he was giving Sweetie a ride in his head, Scootaloo and Applebloom inmediately greeted them, the three fillies went inside the school while Alex stayed outside until Cherilee would call for him, after some minutes he finally heard

“Ok class today we have a very special guest, I guess many of you have alrady seen him around Ponyville, he isn’t from around here, in fact he is not a pony or any creature known, Please everypony say hello to Mr Alejandro the human”

Alex then proceded to walk infront of everyfillie, he was a little nervious, but having his oficial and unoficial sisters there in the audience made him fell more relaxed, once infront of everypony, Alex said

“Hi everypony, as you know, my name is Alejandro but all my friends call me Alex, so all of you can call me Alex as well, (everypony happily nooded) Miss Cherilee called me here today to have the oportunity to know all of you a little better and to answer any question you may have. . . so . . . let’s start, who wants to ask first??”

Every foal raised their little hooves

“Ok. . . . you!! the little cutie with the glasses”

“Hello Mr Alex, my name is Twist and my question is do you humans like to eat candies?”

“Excellent question Twist and yes we like to eat candies, as you do, I have proved a lot of sweets while I’ve been here, the only thing I can’t eat are sugarcubes, humans can’t stand so much sugar like ponies”

“I see, well I was asking because. . . .well, I like to make candies and I was wondering If maybe you could taste these peppermint sticks because well I’d like to know an opinión from you. . . a human”

(oh she is so cute) “Ok, thanks a lot Twist”

Alex then grabed the stickS and took a little bite, after tasting it for some seconds, with his eyes wide open he said

“Twist?? Did you really make this sweet by yourself??”

“hmmm, yeah”

“Wow, you are just a fillie and you already make sweets this qualily? No wonder your cutier mark are two peppermint sticks, I can’t imagine how good they will be when you get older, you want to know my opinión, 10 of 10.”

“Oh, Thank you so much Mr Alex”

“No prob Twist and just Alex is fine and that goes for everypony here ok? (everypony noded again), ok. . . any other question? Let see. . . you!!”

Alex pointed a little chubby gray colt

“Yeah. . . I was wondering. . .besides candies. . . what do humans eat?”

“Well. . . to be honest with you. . humans are omnivores (Everyfillie looked confused). . . it means we can eat fruits, vegetables and. . . . meat”

Everyfille gasped, Sweetie bell seeing coming inmediately stood up and said

“But. . . don’t worry, he doesn’t eat ponies or other creatures, he like the bears only eat fishes”

Every fillie even Cherilee sigh in relief, Alex hugged Sweetie Bell who returned the hug inmediately, at that moment another fillie raised her hoof, Alex gave her the aproval nod to ask

“So. . . the rumors were true?? You really became Sweetie Bell big brother??”

“Sure I did and I can tell you, I’m the most proud brother in all Equestria”

Almost everypony dawwwww, the questions continued, as where did Alex came from, how his world looked like, If he really saved Sweetie Bell from a Manticore and if he really fight another one while they were in the Cristal Empire, how he got his weapons, etc, after some more questions Alex asked Cherilee if he could bring everypony outside to the yard, she noded, once outside, Alex putting on all his tools and hood and proceded to make a little demostration with his parkur abilities like jumping, rolling, making pirruetes, somersaults, climbing trees really fast, then he show them his skills with his bow, throwing knives and finally his hidden blades, he really thought they would be bored at his demostrations but actually everypony looked at him with amazed eyes, some fillies were even praising Sweetie Bell for having such a cool brother, Alex couldn’t help to blush hard, it was. . . really nice to be admired (wow dash, so this is how it feels like, no wonder why you are how you are)

After a while much to everypony grief, they had to return inside the school, once in there, Alex said

“Ok, It was fun and all but I think It’s almost time to end this, I think we still have time for a couple more questions, anypony?

One hoof was raised inmediately, it was. . . . Diamond Tiara’s, Alex sighing inside decided to let her ask while preparing for the worst

“Ok. . . you. . .the little cutie with the tiara, your question??”

“Oh! It’s nothing too hard to answer, just tell me, do humans get cutiemarks?”

(well, I guess it was obvious that would be her question) “Well little girl. . . no, humans don’t get cutiemarks”

“Ohhhhh, how boring, so you will be a blank flank forever” Silver spoon said

Both fillies started to laught, every foal looked at them with dissaproval eyes, but in Sweetie bell’s eyes there was. . . pure hatred, she even tried to charge at them but was stopped by Alex grabing her”

“Easy Sweetie, remember what I say to Spike, stay calm, don’t let your emotions take the best of you”

“But-“

“It’s alright, it doesn’t bother me really, but still thanks for standing for me, now go back to your sit ok??”

“Ugh Fiiine” Then Sweetie trotted to her sit but no before giving Diamond and Silver one last death glare gaining Alex dissaproval look”

They after seeing this resumed their laught until Cherilee with a stomp on the floor made them stop in an instant

“Enough!! Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, you both are grounded for 3 weeks!!”

“But. . . .but. . . .why?? we were just telling the truth, he will be blank forever!!”

“Diamond!! I see 3 weeks weren’t enough uh?, Ok now it will be a month. . . also, I will talk to your father when I have the chance”

After she said that. . . Alex could see Diamond with an angry expression but. . . there also was something else, he could swear it was. . . . sadness?

“So what?! he is almost never here in Ponyville, I suggest you to be prepared for a long wait, he wasn’t here even for my birthday. . . . MY BIRTHDAY!!!”

At that moment Diamond trotted out of the school no matter how much Cherilee or Silver Spoon screamed to her to stop, After calming down a little Cherilee made a horrified expression.

“Oh my. . . how could I forget, stupid me”

Alex aproached to Cherilee and said as low as posible

“Something wrong Cherilee?”

Alex and Cherilee exited the school leaving the students very confused, once out and also talking with low voice, Cherilee said

“you see Alex, Diamond Tiara hates when somepony talks about her dad”

“She. . . hates him?”

“Oh no no, she loves him deeply, but he is always away for bussines and Diamond Tiara even thought she will never admit it. . . . gets very lonely even if she has lots of caretakers”

“Has she always been like this?”

“. . . . . No, it started when Diamond Tiara’s mother. . . .one of my best friends. . . (she let some tears out) Died”

“You. . . .mean. . . .Precious Gift?”

“How you. . . . .”

“I just know, I’ll explain later ok?. . . . look. . . . I’m not sure if I know what I’m about to do but. . . .could you maybe. . . let me talk to her”

“Are you sure Alex?? She is really hard to deal with. . . .ok. . . I don’t know why. . . but something tells me you. . . someway understand her. . . by any chance you also. . .”

“Cherilee. . . we may talk about that later, for now please. . . don’t ask me that, it’s a personal subject, but I must say. . . you are very clever” (she noded)

Alex then proceded to go after Diamond Tiara when he was stopped by Sweetie bell

“What are you doing brother?? After what she did. . . you will go to look for her”

“She needs help sister. . . she needs somepony to talk to. . . like a human who was helped by a beautifull unicorn filly”

“. . . . Ok Alex, but if she keeps being mean to you, just leave her, I think. . . she doesn’t deserve your time”

“Cmon sister, as me once. . . she is suffering, at least let me try”

“. . . . . ok”

Alex then exited the School and looked for Diamond Tiara in her favorite tree in the school yard, (told by Cherilee)

Following fer advice, Alex searched there first, to his surprise she was there crying under the tree, her eyes covered by her hooves, Alex tried to aproach her but without even looking she just screamed

“WHOEVER YOU ARE GO AWAY!!! I WANT TO BE ALONE”

Alex felt his heart break a little, it was obvious Diamond Tiara had so much pain in her heart, she aproached again and sat down besides her, she didn’t raise her head, Alex reluctant started to stroke her mane, Diamond started to feel a little better, the strocking was nice, almost as nice as how her mom used to do it, but she then realized it wasn’t a hoof doing the stroking, she raised her head to look who it was, when she saw Alex, she inmediately narrowed he reyes and tried to bite Alex hand who removed it on time, then she tried to get away, Alex betting all to his next move grabed her and (hopping it would work) started to rub behind her ear, Diamond even struggling started to calm down, the feeling was nice, it remembered to her. . . . mommy but just thinking about her. . . made her snap and resumed his struggling

“Let me go Ape. . . I told you I wanted to be alone”

(Ok. . . is now or never. . . please God. . . let it work)

“Why Diamond Tiara??. . . .Don’t you feel lonely enough already??”

“What?? who. . .wha. . . I DON’T FEEL LONELY!”

“Really??”

“Yeah really!! I mean, look at me. . . I’M DIAMOND TIARA!!, I’m rich, I can have anything I want, I just have to ask my daddy for it, I live in a mansión with a big pool, have lots of servants and. . . and”

“And. . . . you would give up all that just to be with your daddy or have your. . . mommy back. . . right?”

“. . . . . how did you know? How did you know. . . about. . . mommy?”

“I don’t really know much, I saw a picture of her at your daddy’s office. . . she was really beautifull. . . like you”

Diamond blushed a little after hearing that and said

“yes.. . . mommy was. . . beautifull, she was kind. . . she was. . . perfect. . .”

Diamond tiara looking at the ground started to cry again

“Why? why? why did she have to go?”

Alex started to stroke her mane again

“Trust me. . . I asked that very same question to my self for many years”

Diamond ignoring the nice feeling of his stroking raised her head

“Really??, you lost your mommy too??”

Alex then told Diamond Tiara his story, Diamond listened him with so much attention that she didn’t even realize she was putting herself confortable in Alex lap, she kinda like it

“So. . . you know how it feels? Tell me. . . how you deal with the pain??”

“For many years. . . I dealt with it alone and to be honest. . . It didn’t work, I had to come here to Equestria to do what I must had done many years ago. . . talking about it with someo. . . somepony and believe it or not that somepony was Sweetie Bell, she helped me realize I need to let go to move forward”

“What??. . . that blank flank helped you??”

“Yep Diamond, she did, she can be very mature when she wants to and please. . . remember she is my sister so please watch what you say about her (Diamond sadly nooded) hey hey, I’m not mad at you, (she smiled again) but you must know, besides her many ponies also gave me their support and kidness and that helped too, one must never deal with this kind of pain alone Diamond, tell me something Diamond. . . have you ever tried to talk about this with somepony? (she shooked her head) not even with Silver Spoon? (shooked her head again). . . I think it’s time, don’t you think?”

“I. . . I. . . but with who??”

“I promise you I will always be there to listen to you so does Miss Cherilee. . .but I think the one you must talk most of all is. . . . your dad”

“But. . . he wont listen, he is always so busy, even for my birthday”

“How are you so sure he wont listen if you never even tried?”

“Well. . . . I really don’t want to bother him with my little problems”

“Trust me Diamond, for any daddy or mommy who loves their children. . . a daughter or son problem is never little. .. . just give it a shot, you have nothing to lose”

“. . . . ok”


“Ok, I’m glad to hear that, trust me, I’m sure everything will be fine, now let’s return to the school, I bet Cherilee is starting to get worried”

Alex then started to stand up and move Diamond from his lap but he was stopped when she said

“Wait!! Who said I. . . wanted to move. . . from here. . . . but. . . if I have to . . . is there a posibility. . . you can. . . carry me”

“. . . . (wow, she can be cute when she wants to) ok, let’s go”

With Diamond in his arms he proceded to go back to school, in their way Diamond said

“You know. . . . even if you are the brother of that blank. . . of Sweetie Bell. . . you are not so bad”

(hehehehe, well. . . . Rome wasn’t build in one day. . . . baby steps Alex, baby steps)

Once in the School, they were recieved by the cheering of every fillie, Cherilee was impresed when she saw Diamond Tiara in Alex’s arms (Sweetie bell was sweeting bullets of jelously), he put an Diamond on the floor who was hugged by Silver Spoon and conforted by other fillies, Cherilee aproached to Alex and asked

“How everything went Alex??

“I think everything will be alright”

“I can see a little change in her. . . you think maybe she will start to be more friendly with other ponies??”

“I’m a human. . . I can’t do miracles (Cherilee frowned a little, but Alex then said) but I think she is not a lost cause after all, just let’s hope for the better”

“ok”

The school time ended and he and Sweetie bell started their way home when they heard Diamond scream

“Good bye Alex and you bla. . . Sweetie bell”

Sweetie bell and Silver Spoon were speechless, Diamond called by her name, Alex who noticed that only chuckled and said

“Thanks. . . see you later too Diamond” she giggled and blush a little, then resumed her way home (Yep. . . not a total lost cause)

Alex then felt his leg being pulled by her sister

“What is it sister??”

“hmm brother is there a posibility that. . .”

“oh you want a ride on my head??”

“well. . . no”

“No?? (ok. . . ) then what is it?”

“Please, carry me in your arms like you did with Diamond”

“. . . . (OMG. . she is jealous. . . so cute) Ok! Come here little cutie”

“OK!!!”

Alex then scooping his happy sister in his arms started the journey back home, after leaving Sweetie bell at her home and arriving at Carousel boutique, he found Rarity. . . packing?

“What is going on Rarity? Are you leaving for fashion bussiness??”

“Oh don’t be silly darling, I’m just packing for our trip to Canterlot, you should start packing now”

“what! but why??”

“Princess Celestia invited all of us to stay at the castle for a few days, also she sent us tickets to attend to the Grand Galloping Gala 2”

“Grand Galopping Gala 2? I thought you said that event was once in a year”

“Yes, but. . . . just let’s say the last one was considered. . . . a disaster, so the nobles. . . decided to make another one”

“I. . . . see” (well I must say it was really hilarious when I saw the episode)

“Ok Rarity. . . . just one question. . . . exactly who are coming?”

“Well. . . you, Spike and the rest of us the Elements, we invited Lyra but she sadly said she had to go to a family reunión in Manehattan, take this, it’s her ticket to the Gala, maybe you could give it somepony else”

(Alex took the ticket) “Ohh, too bad, well I’m glad to go with you and the rest of the gang, Ok. . . I’ll start to pack”

Alex then started to think about the things what he was going to see at Canterlot, he knew he would have to be prepare for lots of stares. . .worse. . . stares from conceited nobles, well at least his friend would be there, after finishing packing some clothes and other things he proceded to sleep, but 1 minute later he opened his eyes in realization

“Oh damn it, they will want me to use. . . . formal clothes or (shrudder) a tuxedo. . . . well. . .they can TRY to make me use one”

PreviousChapters Next