• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 318 Views, 3 Comments

The 4 Secret Elements - Teardrop the Unicorn



A young, tormented boy will soon learn how important he is to his world, and the world that no one knows exists...

  • ...
8
 3
 318

Prologue

Prologue
Before, my life was horrible. My mother beat me for things I didn't do, my sister would ignore me due to me being ‘inferior and my father…well, I don’t know how he would treat me. My mother said that he died before I was born in a car accident. I always wondered what he would be like; would he treat me well, or would he treat me like everyone else does? I would prefer not to know, but I still couldn't help but think about the possibilities.

I remember one day when I came home from school. Some older kids at school had thrown rocks at me and, somehow, one managed to hit me in the eye, causing it to bleed and hinder my vision for a while. When I came home, I ran straight to my room, embarrassed to show my face to my mother and sister. I locked my door and jumped onto my bed, my hand still covering my bleeding eye. I turned on the TV, hoping it would draw attention away from my pain.

I usually watched things on Comedy Central as they cheered me up most of the time. But, this time, I wanted a change of shows. I was tired of watching ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ on repeat every day. I decided to look through the ’Kids’ section to see if anything gave me a nostalgic feeling; maybe that would help me keep my mind off of the pain that my eye was in.

As I looked through the kids section, I noticed many of the channels from my younger years: Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, the list is endless! However, I noticed a channel that I had never heard of before; The Hub Network. I decided to turn over to it, just to see what kind of shows it aired. I was expecting to see shows like Tom and Jerry and other shows like that. What happened next changed my life.

When I turned over, the channel was still on adverts. I decided to watch through them with my one good eye. When the adverts ended, I expected to hear the classic TV channel move where they do the ‘Now, Next, Later’ show schedule. Instead, I heard:
“Thank you for joining us on The Hub Network. Our ‘My Little Pony’ marathon starts now”
I was shocked at what I heard. I mean, I had heard of ’My Little Pony’ before, but I didn't know that there were TV channels that had marathons for it! I went for the remote as soon as I realized what was about to come onto my TV. I hit the standby button, but to no avail. It appeared that the batteries in my remote had died. My eye was still in bad shape, so I didn’t want to go downstairs and ask my mother for 2 new batteries. I decided to leave the TV running, but I made sure to turn the volume down so my family would be unable to hear it. I then relaxed, and watched My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I watched the opening scene of what I assumed to be the first episode. It was a bit weird to watch at first, but maybe that’s because I've never seen anything like this before. I assumed that this style would be used throughout the whole show. Boy was I wrong! As soon as that opening about ‘Nightmare Moon’ ended, I was greeted with this amazing, colourful animation style. I couldn't look away from it. And, for a moment, I had a feeling of…happiness? That must have been it! With my life the way it is, it took a lot to make me happy. But, how could this show have done that?

I continued to watch the episode, loving every second of it. But my favourite part was when the main pony, Twilight Sparkle, was surprised with a party made by a pony named Pinkie Pie. As soon as I saw how happy that little pink pony was, I too felt happy. She made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I never thought that one person, or pony, could be so happy all of the time! I knew that it was only a cartoon, but still!

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in my bleeding eye. I quickly ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I slowly moved my hand away from my eye, hoping that no serious damage was caused. It was unbelievable! My eye was in perfect condition! If anything, it helped me see more clearly!

I put my left hand on the side of my right arm, but then I remembered I grazed the side of my right arm after some guys tripped me up! It was too late to withdraw my arm, so I gently lay my hand on the body of the graze. Again, I felt he same stinging sensation I had felt with my eye just moments ago! I took my hand away and, once again, the wound was gone! I had no idea what was going on. I thought to myself if I had some sort of special gift. I found it impossible to believe, yet the proof was there. I had to try one more thing to see if I really had this ‘gift’.

I have had a scar on my forehead ever since I was 5. I remember running around the house when, suddenly, I tripped and got a surprisingly sharp-cornered building block we wedged into my head. However, since it was so long ago, I don’t remember what happened after that. I just remember one day waking up with the scar on my head. It would be there forever. Or would it?

I decided to go with my crazy instincts. I parted my fringe away from the location of the scar, and gently put my hand on it. It didn't sting like before. It was more painful and lasted a lot longer. I forced myself to keep my hand on the scar, no matter how much it hurt. Suddenly, somehow, a small spark was made between my hand and the scar. It was small, but powerful! It sent me flying back into the bathroom wall. After that, everything turned black…

Author's Note:

More to come, don't worry. I will hopefully be uploading the next chapter soon

Comments ( 2 )

You can't even spell Celestia's name right in the summary. That does not bode well for the story itself.

E: wow where's the actual pony content this is just some schmuck complaining about his life.

When a young, tormented boy

Backstory edgier than the razors he cuts himself with. 2edgy4me.

Login or register to comment