• Published 28th May 2014
  • 198 Views, 2 Comments

The Legends of Star Swirl: The Dust of the Grand Phoenix - The Parliament of Flies



This is the first of many tales of adventures of the legendary Star Swirl the Bearded. Read along with his grand adventure as he travels out to find the dust of the fabled Grand Phoenix in order to brew a special potion.

  • ...
 2
 198

3 The Only Way

It took many, many days of endless studying and testing before the cure to this ailment was finally discovered. Star Swirl and Crystal quickly rushed to Luna's chambers, where they found her buried in mountains of paperwork. When she saw the two unicorns her jaw dropped and a glimmer of hope flashed in her eyes.

"Yes? Do you have it?"

Star Swirl nodded, "we do. The cure is the dust of the greatest and most elusive phoenix of all. The Grand Phoenix. It's regenerative properties should be more than enough to heal our highness Princess Celestia."

A small tear appeared in Luna's eye as a small smile crossed her face, she quickly wiped it away when she noticed it was there. "Excellent, meet me in the courtyard in about half an hour. I need to make some preparations." The unicorn duo complied and left the princesses' quarters.

Half an hour later, Star Swirl and Crystal came to the royal courtyard. The place was filled with many signs of beauty. Beautifully crafted benches where present at each side of the square courtyard, and in the centre was the finest fountain Star Swirl had ever seen. It was carved to represent a dragon of some kind. The area was filled with the finest plant-life and several parasprites fluttered through the courtyard. In the centre of the courtyard, next to the fountain, stood Luna along with a collection of rather strange looking ponies. Luna noticed the two unicorns upon their arrival and motioned for them to come closer.

"Come, come. Ok, so as you all know the only way to cure Celestia is with the dust of the Grand Phoenix. Star Swirl, Crystal, you will be accompanied by this group of warriors in order to find a very special pony who can track the Grand Phoenix. It's about time we got you introduced."

"First off, we have Blunt Force." A rather rugged mare stepped forward. Her fur was a dark green while her mane and tail were a muddy brown. Her eyes were a stained blood red. Her cutie mark appeared to be a hammer. "Blunt is a master of blunt and hand-to-hand combat, she has quite the attitude but she will fight to protect the group with all her strength.

"Next, we have Spot Light." A good looking stallion with white fur and an ice mane and tail stepped forward. His golden eyes seemed to glow with enthusiasm. He had the cutie mark of a mirror. He wore a wide smirk and winked at Crystal as he took his step, causing her to blush fiercely. "Spot's a master at sharp weaponry, namely swords. He may... have a lot of self confidence, but he can do more than handle himself in a fight."

"And here we have Scout." A young mare, though she would more qualify as a filly, stepped forward. Unlike the other two, she was not an earth pony. She sported two small wings which she tucked away tightly. She had black fur and a grey mane and tail. She wore a ninja mask which covered all facial features apart from her emerald eyes. Her cutie mark was simply mist. "She is a master with daggers, a scythe and tactical explosives. Apart from that, there's not much to know about her. She's a mystery...."

"Finally we have Hide and Seek." Two twins, both pegasi, step forward. They both have blue fur and a yellow mane and tail. They both had an amber left eye and a green right one. The colt, Hide, had the cutie mark of a bow and the filly, Seek, had an arrow cutie mark. They skipped to join the rest, and they were by far the youngest members of the group. "They may be young, but they have proven themselves to be the best when it comes to firing bones and arrows."

Luna sighed and looked at the group all together. "Now, I am counting on you to find this pony so he can lead you to the Grand Phoenix and the cure to my sister. The pony resides in a small shack in the ghost village of Marelancholy, so be sure to watch yourself when meeting with him. I am counting on you seven to get that dust and save my sister, I want you to do this not just for me or her, but for all of Equestria. Do you understand?" We all nod, "good, now get going."

The group leaves the courtyard and makes their way out of Canterlot, Star Swirl looks back one more time at the large city and still sees the glow he had seen when he first saw it. He then turned his back on the city and set his eyes on the landscape they had to cross. For Celestia. For Equestria.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment