• Published 28th May 2014
  • 337 Views, 8 Comments

Magics life - MagicBlood



this is the life of my oc taking care of a daughter with a secret problem

  • ...
6
 8
 337

6 First Day of School

It is the night before school and all the stallions and mares are getting their children’s stuff ready for the first day, and most of the fillies and colts are fighting to stay awake so that their parents let them stay home. Every once and a while you will find a house with a filly or a colt that is actually eager to go and learn from the teacher, Ms. Cheerilee. In the Magic household, Midnight was a little of both, she was excited to meet more ponies but at the same time wasn’t.

“Daddy do I have to go to school tomorrow?” Midnight asks, as he tucks her into bed. “Why do you ask? I thought you were excited to go meet all the new ponies,” He replied with a hint of confusion in his voice. “Well i am but i dont want to give a bad first image of myself.” Midnight says, a hint of sadness in her tone. “Well for one, its impression and two, you won’t, I promise everypony will love you.” Magic states, rubbing a hoof through Midnight’s mane. Midnight smiles and gives Magic a peck on the cheek before she starts to doze off to sleep.

Magic trots out of the room and to the living room and started to pack Midnight’s saddlebag with pencils, a ruler, some paper, and crayons. He sets the saddlebag by the door before heading back upstairs to get his own sleep before having to wake Midnight up the next day. As he did a yawn escaped his muzzle and had to shake his head slightly to stay awake until he had reached his bed.

The next morning around 5am he gets up with his normal routine of a pot of coffee and some breakfast but unlike most days, has to get Midnight up in an hour or so for school. So in the meantime he goes through her saddle bag to make sure she has everything for school then fixes her two daisy and daffodil sandwiches One for her lunch at school and the other for breakfast. After he places the sandwich on the table, he trots up to Midnight’s room to wake her up.

“Midnight wake up its time for school” Magic says as he opens the door and turns on the room’s light. Midnight slowly pulls the covers over head and let out a groan, clearly not wanting to get up this early. “C’mon sweetie, you gotta get up for school. Aren’t you excited about meeting your class? I hear those three fillies are in it too.” Magic says as midnight suddenly gets up.

“You mean Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom?!” Midnight squeals, excited that she can see her friends again. “Yes those three, but you gotta get up and eat,” He manages to blurt out just before midnight ran past him and down the stairs. He sighs and follows soon after, smiling all the way down the stairs and into the kitchen. When he entered the kitchen, he saw Midnight already at the table, ready to eat her breakfast and head out to school.

“Don’t be into much of a rush, you may forget something and we don’t want that do we?” Magic asks as he sips his coffee. Midnight nods as she eats her sandwich eager to get to school and see her friends and make new friends. After Midnight finishes eating, she goes to put her saddle bag on. “Ok Dad i’m ready to go” With that Magic trots into the living room and gets ready himself. He then straps the saddle bag he got for christmas on so he can go to the market while Midnight is at school.

After a few minutes of getting everything together, they finally headed out the door and towards Ponyville. When they got to Ponyville they stopped by the school and Magic dropped Midnight off for school and headed to the town’s market to do some shopping. magic went around to the market stalls grabbing some tomatoes, celery, pancake batter, eggs, apples, and anything else they needed, then payed for each of them trotting back home after about an hour or so of shopping.

Back at the school, Midnight was standing outside, talking with the cutie mark crusaders, waiting for class to start. After a moment of talking, two other fillies walk up and sneer at the group of four. “Hey Blank Flanks.” They both said in unison, laughing as they walked by. “Blank flanks?” Midnight asks in a questionable tone. “Yeah... they call us blank flanks just cause we don’t have our cutie marks yet and they think just ‘cause they are rich that they are better than everypony else,” Scootaloo states. “But,” Apple Bloom starts, looking to the other two, “We won’t let them get us down, because we are the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” they shout in unison, smiling widely afterwards.

“Ok then, I’m a blank, but I’ll get my cutie mark soon, I just know it!” Midnight said excited. The school bell rang and all the students quickly ran into the school so they are not late on the first day. “Ok class, welcome to the first day of school, I am Ms. Cheerilee, and I will be your teacher,” Cheerilee said with a warm, joyful smile as all the fillies and colts moved around the room to find their seats.

“Ok students, since its the first day, I want you all to introduce yourselves,” She said, pointing to the front left seat to start. It was one of them fillies from a moment ago. Her mane was silver, eyes were a violet color and her coat was a light grey. She stood up and cleared her throat. “Ahem. My name is Silver Spoon.” she states before sitting back down. After a few minutes of names it was time for Midnight and The Crusaders to give theirs. Apple Bloom, being in the first seat, stood first and spoke up. “Hello y’all,” she starts before the Diamond snickered. “Mah name’s Apple Bloom.” she finishes through gritted teeth, glaring back at the filly who made the noise. Then it was Sweetie’s turn. “Hi everypony. My name’s Sweetie Belle.” She says, her voice cracking slightly. After her went Scootaloo. “My name’s Scootaloo.” She states, flatly, apparently bored and clearly not wanting to be in the school house.

Miss Cheerilee then turns her gaze to Midnight. Midnight looks at her shyly. “Come on sweetie, stand up and tell us your name. We won’t bite.” Ms. Cheerilee says smiling at Midnight. Midnight slowly stands up and lets out a light cough “I-i, um, my name is Midnight Wings and I live in the Everfree.” she says before sitting back down and relaxes a bit. Everypony looks back at her and some what in unison say “You mean ‘the’ Everfree, Everfree?” Midnights head lowers as she nods. “Aren’t you scared of getting attacked by monsters or getting cursed by Zecora?” Diamond tiara asks with a slight hint of concern, which is not like her at all.

“No, not really, I can defend myself and if there is ever a case as to where i can’t get away or protect myself my dad is usually there to help” Midnight states before returning her attention to the teacher. “Okay. Now that that’s out of the way, who’s next?” Ms. Cheerilee asks, looks to the next student. Next up was a filly who had a creme colored coat and a red mane and tail, with purple glasses adorning the top of her muzzle. She stands up, smiling and speaks. “Hello everypony. My name isth Peppermint Twisthst.” she sits back down smiling as the next student stands up who can most likely be described as looking like a dog with his spotted coat. “My name’s Pipsqueak.” He says happily, having to put his fore-hooves on the desk for everypony to see him clearly.

After a few more students Ms. Cheerilee comes upon Diamond Tiara, and like Silver spoon, she stands and clears her throat. “My name is Diamond Tiara… that’s all you need to know about me.” she states smugly, thinking she’s above everypony else with Silver Spoon coming in close second. After eight hours of what felt like eternity, the bell that ended school rang, letting all of the students go to go home.

Midnight left the school with the three crusaders all four of them chatting up a storm, especially midnight, considering today was her first day of school. Meanwhile at home Magic was heading out to meet Midnight at the entrance to the Everfree Forest. After a little while, they meet at the entrance to the forest. “Hey sweetie. How was your first day of school?” Magic asked, smiling at the four fillies. “I was a bit shy at first but after a few hours I relaxed.” Midnight replied as she gave each of her friends a hug good night before her and Magic left to go home and prepare for the next day.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment