• Published 27th May 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 14 Comments

Forming Loyalties - Mat the Brawler



A mysterious rainbow haired girl comes into my life.

  • ...
11
 14
 1,093

Chapter 2

The Test

The sound of rushing water filled most of the house as “Dash” took her shower. I didn’t know what to believe about her. Her voice, eyes and even personality seemed to match but, it
was just too unreal. I needed some kind of test. I couldn’t ask her questions because anything I knew someone else could know too. I’d have to think of something.

Still in thought I paced over to my room. I needed to relax a bit. I turned to my right after entering my room. It was cozy with an entertainment console on the right next to my desk, a closet, my bookcase, my bed, and a set of drawers with all the plushies and figures I’ve gathered over the years.

Against the wall was my guitar stand. It housed both an electric and an acoustic guitar. I grabbed the acoustic. As I sat on the bed, I closed my eyes and began to play a simple yet soothing melody.

I'm 2D

Won't you buy me

Piano chord

Dictionary

One two D three

One two D three

One two D three

One two D three

One two D three

One two D three

One two D three

One two D three

I'm 2D

Won't you buy me

Piano chord

Dictionary

One two D three

I'm 2D

Won't you buy me

Piano chord

Dictionary

One two D three

I'm 2D

Won't you buy me

Piano chord

Dictionary

One two D three

As I finished the song I heard applause coming from the door. I was greeted upon opening my eyes with a beautiful girl in a blue shirt and shorts. She walked into the room and sat next to me.

“That was pretty good!” She commended. “A little repetitive, but pretty cool. Did you write it?”

“No,” I started. “Its by my favorite band. They’re called Gorillaz. I’ll play you some of their songs while you’re here.”

“About that,” She grimaced. “I don’t know how long I’ll be here for.”

“I think your friends will come to get you somehow. Besides we have a month before my parents get here, so we have some time.”

“Alright I guess, but I don’t wanna impose on you or anything.” She shot me a playful look and punched me in the shoulder. “And don’t get any ideas from us living together awhile.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it.” I chuckled. I heard a growling comming from both mine and “Dash’s” stomachs. “Guess we should get something to eat.”

“Yeah, I’m starving!” Came ‘Rainbow’s’ hearty response.

“Oh before we head out there’s something you should know.” I glanced nervously. This may go really badly. “Humans are omnivorous.”

“Can I get that in English?”

“We eat both vegetables and meat.”

“WHAT?” The rainbow haired girl turned pale.

“But, we don’t (generally speaking) eat horse or pony. Also, none of the Animals we do eat are sentient here.”

“I-I guess it’s okay then.” She was still flushed of color.

“Most places also have vegetarian options though, so if you don’t want to eat meat, you don’t have too.”

“Okay, let’s… Let’s just eat.”

--------------------------------------------------

“So they’re only two people, but they use a front of characters to represent them?” Dash pondered.

“Yeah, and there’s a whole plot to the characters lives. I could explain later.” I smiled as we pulled up to the restaurant’s parking lot. I didn’t have a car but dad let me drive his white BMW X3.

“That would be cool.” She looked to the sign above the restaurant. “Smashburger? Do they serve hay burgers here?”

“Humans don’t eat hay.” I chuckled as I parked the car.

“So what are the burgers made off?”

“Either vegetables or, more typically, some kind of meat.”

“Oh.” Her face went grim. “How often do humans eat meat?” She looked to me.

“For most people, almost every meal. It’s the best source of protein.”

“Oh…”

“Look if you don’t wanna eat meat thats fine, you can be a vegetarian.”

“No,” She sighed. “I need to have an open mind about this. If humans eat meat I should at least try it once.”

“If you don’t like it we’ll just order you a veggie burger.”

We got out of the car and I held the glass door of the restaurant open for Dash. Dash took a look at the menu above the ordering counter.

“What will you two have?” Asked the woman behind the counter.

“I’ll have a plain burger with ketchup, as well as an order of fries.” I ordered happily.

“And I’ll have a classic smashburger, with fries.” Rainbow chimed in.

“Two drinks too.” I added.

“Alright that’ll be $20.35.” I handed the woman the money and she handed me a sign with a number on it. She also gave both of us a cup.

“Dash” looked to me confused. I gestured her to follow me. We found ourselves in front of the drink dispensers. I showed “Dash” how to get the drinks and soon we sat at a table with root beers in tow.

“I like this place.” Dash looked about the restaurant.

“I thought you might.” I started. “This is my favorite place to eat.”

She took a sip of her drink and looked to me curiously. “So what’s your story?”

“I’m sorry?”

“You know about me, so tell me about you.”

“Not a whole lot to tell really.” I lean back and close my eyes. “I was born in Brazil, but raised here.”

“Brazil?” She tilted her head slightly.

“It’s a country down south.” I sigh. “Anyways, I was bullied most of my school life. Eventually, it lead me to have horrible anxiety, so I’m homeschooled now.”

“Why were you bullied? You seem like a really nice guy.” She smiles at me.

“Well there’s your answer, nice gets you humiliated often times.”

“Yeah, I guess I can understand-” A black haired woman came by with our burgers. She smiled and left them before retreating to the kitchen. “That.” The color flushed from her face as she looked now at the food.

I can only watch as she slowly lifts the burger to her mouth. She hesitates for a beat and looks at me. I give her a reassuring smile and nod. “Dash” takes a hard gulp and gingerly bites into the bun clad meat.

Suddenly she freezes up. “Dash?” I get ready to move incase I need to lead her to the bathroom.

Her lips stretch from ear to ear and she starts to greedily gulp down the food. “It tastes so awesome!” She practically squeals between mouthfuls.

I can only sigh in relief. That takes care of food. I start to eat my meal and pretty soon all traces of food have been stuffed into our stomachs.

“Rainbow” contently leans back. “That was delicious!”

“Glad you think so, now lets get to the car.”

“Okay.”

As we sit in the car I turn to her, “I believe you by the way.”

“Huh?”

“I believe you’re the real Rainbow Dash.”

“Why.”

“You never broke character. The way I see it either you’re a great actress or the real deal. So gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.”

“Cool!”

We pulled away from the restaurant a steady baseline accompanying us home.”

Author's Note:

It's back! I was feeling lonely again so I started working on this. I'll try to be better about updates but no promises.

Comments ( 3 )

are you going to continue this?

6527692 I have some ideas. I'm thinking of getting back to it.

Loving the story so far keep up the good work. /)BROHOOF(\

Login or register to comment