• Published 9th May 2014
  • 1,131 Views, 6 Comments

You'll always be my Father - LuckyBass13



A simple and pleasant visit will bring back memories of compassion and love between a Father and a Daughter

  • ...
3
 6
 1,131

The Bedtime Story

Lucky was enjoying his book he got from Twilight's Library, a simple story book that he used to read with his daughter. He takes a break to walk around in his home just to look at the pictures he took with his family. There's one where his daughter Dawn was at school on her first day, then there's her birthday party picture with all of us including Pinkie Pie, and there's Dawn graduated from the academy and is now in her wonderbolt suit. Looking at the other side of the wall is Me and Obscur Rose on our first date on a high cloud, Our friends when we hung out at sugarcube corner, and our wedding picture. With a sigh Lucky proceeded downstairs to get a snack. He makes his sandwich as he hears a door knock which catches his attention, he moves to the door to open to find...

"Dawn!"

"Daddy!" Dawn said as she jumped on Lucky for a hug. "I missed you!"

"I miss you too sweet heart, how was the job of being a wonderbolt?

"It was great, Me, Spitfire, and the gang chat for a bit then we went over to Fillydelphia to take care of a little dispute. Anyways I was given a small 2 day break so I decided to come stay with you, if you don't mind that is."

"Come on honey, Your always welcome here." Lucky said as he ruffled Dawn's mane up. "Come on in."

After coming in Lucky and Dawn started to chat about her successes and her job in every detail she could possibly put into. After eating some snack and talking more Dawn decided to have a little personal talk with Lucky.

"Listen Dad, Can I tell you something?"

"Sure Dawn, What's on you mind?" Lucky said as his attention is now focused on Dawn.

"I was thinking back to all the times we been together and I don't think I spend all the experience with being loved with a father."

"What are you saying Dawn?" Lucky said as his face was confused.

"Well, Lucky.....Can you take care of me as a foal for a day?"

"What? Dawn that's an odd request. Um... hmm..." Lucky mumbled with thoughts in his mind.

"Listen its just a stupid request, forget I said anything." Dawn said with some sadness in her voice.

"Oh! I forgot to get stuff for Dinner. Listen can you watch the house while I go to get the food?" Lucky said in a panic.

"Sure no problem Dad."

As Lucky head out to get the supplies Dawn decides to take a trip down memory lane like Lucky did. Enjoying the scene she starts to cry of all the times she spent with her family. She still couldn't believe that all this happened to her. She gazes into a photo as she said to her self.

"I was nothing, and you made me into something. Thank you mom and dad *sniff*.

She continued down the halls gazing on the pics until she heard the door closed, Lucky returned.

"Hey Dad!, how was shopping?" She said as she galloped downstairs.

"Just made it in time. I guess I got Lucky." Both of them laughed at the small joke as Dawn then said.

"So what's for dinner?"

"Well I figured we have your favorite, a nice big bowl of vegetable soup with some bread and a nice side of hay bacon."

"Thank you, you the best dad!" She said as she was about to hug Lucky until he spoke up.

"Wait there's more."

"What are you taking about?"

"Well I was thinking about what you said and I figured why not." Lucky said as he took a small package out what revealed to be a small pack of Diapers of the right size for Dawn.

"Really, you mean it?" Dawn said in surprise.

"Well I love you so much, so why not spoil you at least one more time." Lucky said as Dawn now gave him a hug.

After the hug fest ended Dawn opened up the package and asked Lucky if he could help her put on a diaper. Lucky agrees and helped her out as she laid on the floor as Lucky was about to put a diaper on her daughter, at least she wanted it. Lucky lift up Dawn legs and slid the diaper under, moved her tail through the little hole, let her bottom drop on the diaper, and proceeded to tape up the sides. Once that the diaper was firmly snugged on Dawn's waste, Lucky helped her up and let her get comfortable with her new garment.

"So, how does it feel?" Lucky asked.

"I don' know, It feels a little different but also comfy. *giggle* I feel like a foal." Dawn chuckled.

"Well that's what you wanted right? All I want is for you to be happy. I won't judge any other way."

"You always want whats best for me, your always caring and considerate ever since we first met. *sniff* You were there for me."

"Hey Hey shh..." Lucky cooed Dawn by hugging her and stroking her mane. "Its alright to be loved. I gave you what you needed, a home, a family, and a new life. Its alright now, you lived your life to what you wanted. You made friends, graduated, you have everything to show what a filly like you can show the world what she's able to do."

"Daddy, thank you for everything."

"No thank you for letting me give you this life. Now how about that dinner?"

After what was said and done, they enjoyed a nice dinner as they talked even more now. Aside from some jokes about the padded daughter she liked every moment of it. Once dinner and the dishes was finished Lucky looked at the clock and realized it was 11:30 pm, it was getting late so it was time for bed. Of course Dawn pouted a little but understood and proceeded upstairs. She was now standing in her old bedroom with memories flying everywhere in her mind. She entered her bed with Lucky behind her tucking her in bed.

"Everything comfortable?"

"Yes Dad."

"Great, well is there any request my little filly?

Dawn blushes as she said, "Can you tell me the story of how we met?"

"Really? Dawn you know everything as well as I do."

"Please?" Dawn gives those puppy eyes until Lucky submit.

"All Alright, *ahem* This is the story of a Brown stallion named Lucky Bass who lived in a nice home with a beautiful wife. Everything in life was alright with him, he had a decent job and a nice life style. But one day when he stayed late for work was the day that changed his life..." Lucky told a story with a memory replaying in his mind as he continues.


Many years ago

Lucky was just finishing his late work that his boss let him catch up for the day. His boss was kind enough to allow him to finish up tomorrow and let him go considering it was late. After galloping through the streets, Lucky was trying to get to his house by trying to get through the alleyways to cut time as the skies bare gray which he new what's to come.

"Come on, almost there!" Lucky said as rain began to fall on him. "Aw great, not only Obscur won't like it when I'm late but now i'm drenched. *sigh* what's next?"

After Lucky said that he starts hearing noises, not raining noises but some noises. He thought it was the rain and was about to start walking but then the noises continued to hear the noises. Lucky getting the bottom of this started looking around for the source until he came across a box out in the middle between two buildings. Lucky stopped as he hears the noises getting clearer, it was sounds of whimpering.

'Oh no please don't tell me what I think it is' thought Lucky as he approached the box with the sounds growing louder which confirmed his thoughts.

As he stopped in front of the box he hears crying and whimpering very clear, He couldn't take it anymore so he taped on the box to try to get whoever was inside their attention.

"Hello?" Lucky said as he doesn't here a sound. "Is anypony there?"

"*whine*" was all that said within the box.

"Its okay, I won't hurt you. Please come out."

"..." Nothing was said but the box started moving as one of the sides started to open up revealing a small filly head with a scared look in her eyes.

"Hey how are you?" Lucky said.

"..."

"Hmm... Ah, hold on for a second." Lucky said as he looked through is bag for something, seconds later revealed a juice box he was saving up for later.

"Would you like some Juice?" Lucky offered.

"..." Still shy to say anything but accepted the juice as she began to slurp it down. After a nice drink she starts to fell comfortable.

"So I'm Lucky, what's your name?

".....dawn" the filly said.

"Hello Dawn, don't mind me asking but why are you here? Shouldn't you be at home?" It was those words that struck the little filly's hear as she begins to tear up and starts to cry.

'Just as I feared, why does this have to happen? She doesn't deserve this, no pony should ever go through this.' Lucky thought as he began to speak.

"Listen, your going to catch a cold if you stay here. How about you come with me to my house for the night." After Lucky said that without warning the little filly ran up to Lucky and gave him a hug. This made Lucky's heart break in two to see this young filly desperate for attention.

"You poor thing, I'll take that as a yes." Lucky said that realizing that the filly fell asleep in his hooves.

Lucky then proceeded to grab Dawn's things and proceeded to his home, Obscur was questioning what took him so long until lucky explained what happened not only did Obscur Understood it she was also tearing up from the little filly's story. Well many days later Dawn was starting to be more open and began talking to both Lucky and Obscur, felling comfortable around them. Then after a week of love and care both Lucky and Obscur agreed to one thing, which lead to Dawn's best day ever.

"Dawn can you come down here please?" Lucky said as he and Obscur sat on the table seeing Dawn come downstairs to hear what's going on.

"Hey Lucky, Hey Obscur, what's going on?" Dawn asked.

"Dawn we want you to sign this paper. Just spell out you name and we'll tell you what your surprise is." Lucky offered as he sees Dawn gladly to accept. After the signature.

"So what's the surprise?"

"You know what you just signed?"

"No what?"

"It was an adoption paper. Thanks to that you have a family now, us." Lucky pointed as he sees Dawn shocked expression.

"wha....I.....I *sniff* I....." Dawn cried as she ran into the hooves of her new family, she cried with the tears overflowing with joy.


Present time


"And that was the day we became Dawn's new family and she started her new life, the life she always wanted, THE END." Lucky said as he sees Dawn's eyes tearing up. She got up and reached out to Lucky with a meaningful hug. She hugged him like it was no tomorrow.

Lucky then spoke, "You'll always be my daughter, Dawn."

"And You Always be my Father, Lucky"

As they hugged, a frame on the wall behind them was the adoption paper signed by Lucky, Obscur, and Dawn. After the moment Dawn got back in the bed and went to sleep as Lucky tucked her in and gave her a good night kiss. He made it to the door, as he was about to close it he see's his angel sleeping peacefully in her bed, He made life better for her in every way, He left the door opened with a crack as he returned to his bed. He goes to sleep remember the day that changed her life, the day that changed his too.



The End

Author's Note:

*sniff* I'm sorry I can't *sniff* I cried when I though about this and cried while typing it. I wanted to show that stuff like this can happen in real life and its up to us to make it right. I was serious with this, and every once of moment was put into this meaningful story. I hope everyone likes this and thank you for reading.

Comments ( 6 )

I like this, though your style of writing is a bit unusual in terms of perspective.

It could've probably been a little longer, and more detailed in spots, but as it is it's a nice little one-shot.

4970276 Thank you and yes this was a potential one shot and such But I do have an idea for another cute story like so be patient and expected for it okay

sweet little happy/sad story.

4975050 Thank you for liking it

4984318 Thank you for liking

Login or register to comment