• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,056 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,056

PreviousChapters Next
Evil Reflects on Itself

Evil Reflects on Itself

Midnight Castle, several years before the coming of Megan...

"SCORPAN!" The dark lord roared angrily, drumming his fingers on the arm rest of his throne. "Where are you, you worthless worm!? I command you to stand before me!"

Reclining in the shadows, Tirek heard the approaching footsteps of his winged beast man minion, and also heard the bitter muttering under his breath as he approached. The door of the throne room slowly squeaked open, and Scorpan walked up and kneeled before the colossal and frightening presence.

"I am here, master... " The conflicted minion growled, looking down at the floor to hide his contempt. "What is it you desire of me?"

Scorpan dared a glanced upward, and caught the sight of a clawed hand stroking a small bag with the sound of a beating heart coming out of it. If there was one being everyone in Ponyland hated more than any other, it was this… this abomination. Tirac had ruined so many lives, and destroyed so many innocent souls. He was feared and loathed by the inhabitants of this land far and wide, but none hated the villain more than Scorpan himself.

"We lost too many Strydons in the last raid on Grundle Land." The tyrant hissed, pointing a hand with a spiked gauntlet on it at his cowering lackey. "Bring in the latest crop of ponies we captured, so that I may replenish my forces."

Scorpan nodded, snapping his fingers and causing the lizard guards to bring in seven screaming and terrified ponies whom they held chained before the throne. Their pleas and cries of terror fell silent, as the horned devil rose and stood before them.

"Oh no...!" One of the mares pleaded. "Please, let us go!"

"SILENCE!" He roared, sick of their whining. "You all belong to me, now!" Reaching for the bag on his arm rest, the horned centaur pointed the bag at the helpless ponies standing before him. "Behold, the power of DARKNESS!"

The shadowy band of dark energy wrapped around the small group of ponies, twisting and warping thier bodies as it reshaped them into snarling and growling dragons. The band of darkness rushed back into the bag, as Tirac waved the lizard guards off with thier newest recruits.

"Guards, take these strydons below with the others." The dark lord snarled. "And as for you, Scorpan, you'd best go down and see to that little pet Dragon of yours. His is driving the guards mad with his whining, and I'd hate to have to remove his head to shut him up!"

"As you wish, my master." Scorpan snarled, before walking out of the room, flexing his bat-like wings. Foolish whelp, Tirac thought to himself, the only reason he kept that stupid dragon of Twilight Sparkle's alive was that he served as a living trophy from the one pony who had actually defeated him in battle. Tormenting Spike the dragon was the only way he had to torment the long-dead alicorn, making the dragon miserable just as he made Scorpan miserable.

"Guards!" The giant horned horror commanded. "Bring the Dragon Spike before me at once!"

With a grunt, the lizard guards went deep into the bowaels of the castle, and brought forth a small, pink and scaly purple dragon who cowered before the dark lord's throne. Looking down at his pathetic prisoner, Tirac growled in a voice that would make the mightiest Stallion cower.

"Y-you wanted something of me, master?" Spike whimpered, in a pathetic nasally voice. "How may I serve you?"

"Stop your prattling, you scale-covered whelp!" The centaur roared, making the baby dragon shake with fear. "My guards have complained about your pathetic whining, and I will not stand for you disrupting the peace of my dominions!"

The young Dragon's eyes went wide, and he looked like he was going to wet the castle floor. Tirac enjoyed these moments of power over the helpless and weak, and he loved relishing every moment that he could make all creatures miserable.

"Please forgive me, master!" The little dragon pleaded, clinging to the centaur's hoof. "I never meant to make you mad!"

"SILENCE!" The centaur roared, kicking the baby dragon away. "Return to the tunnel below, at once! And if I hear one more whimper out of your disgusting scaly mouth, I will pin your miserable hide up on the dungeon wall!"

The little dragon shrieked, and quickly scurried away. It was hard to believe this pathetic wretch had once been the loyal assistant to the great Twilight Sparkle. Spike had been captured in a raid on Ponyville during the Grogar wars, and had been a favorite object of torture for the dark lord. After several escape attempts, he had ordered the little dragon whipped and beaten to the point of losing his sanity.

But it had slightly backfired on Tirac, and Spike could barely remember Twilight or Equestria or anything to do with his imprisonment. So Tirac kept him around as a target of his anger, and he and Scorpan had befriended each other in their misery- the dragon and that stupid human prince. The dark lord hated those two almost as much as he hated the equines! But Tirek had a plan that will finally bring a final end to these ponies, once and for all. They and their world would be buried in a night that never ends, the Dark lord would see to that! But for now, he'd have to settle for the smaller pleasures...

"Sorpan, I am extremely hungry!" The centaur demanded. "Have the guards send one of the newborn foals from the dungeons to be prepared in the kitchens!"

PreviousChapters Next