• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,048 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,048

Chapters Next
Another day in Paradise, part one

Another day in Paradise

"Paradise! I thought Majesty told you to clean up this library! Nobody's been able to find anything in here!"

"Paradise! Where's that book on practical jokes I asked you for?!? Fizzy and I want to pull a really neat prank on Shady!"

"Paradise! Weayah is thait book on Mustagian teas? Ah need a good recipe cause my mama is visitin;' tommorah!"

"Paradise! I need a book on harmony bearer Fluttershy's work with animals for a school book report! You promised you'd help me find it!"

"Paradise!"

"Paradise!"

"PARADISE!"

All day, every day, Good old Paradise- our pony community's resident Pegasus Librarian, is always grabbing books and completing tasks for the eager patrons who require my services. A book on thermodynamics for Wind Whistler, a book on the great escape artist Horsedini for Locket, or the newest Romance novel for Heart Throb. And when I'm not getting books for them, I am cleaning off these ancient and dusty shelves, or filing, or cataloguing the new books coming in or being thrown out in the discard pile.

Mind you, this isn't a totally bad thing for me. Books are my special talent, after all- I love the smell of dusty tomes, love the feel of those yellowing pages under my hooves. But it is fantasy stories are my favorite subject, tales of enchantment and wonder. Wizards and witches, handsome princes and damsels in distress, enchanted swards and fearsome fire-breathing dragons... these are the wonderful tales I grew up on.

My friend Twilight and I, we both love reading these fantastic tales, and every Sunday we take over the library on my day off to read these exciting stories to each other. One day, we're searching through an old haunted house, trying to uncover the mystery of why the poor pony soul is trapped there. Another day, Twilight and I are brave shield maidens, clad in armor and fighting our way through a horde of goblins armed with sword and shield. Reading these books are an escape from the ordinary, and let's the two of us feel extraordinary.

But while Twilight loves the magic aspect of fairy tales, for me it is the sense of wonder. Other ponies ridicule me for how much I believe in the fantastic- I love human world concepts of Bigfoot, aliens, and the Loch Ness monster. But why is it so hard for them to believe in the improbable? I think the idea of some of these far-out concepts exciting. And besides, to most of the humans of the other world, intelligent, talking ponies whose numbers include Pegasus and unicorns are an improbable things that don't exist? Yet here we are, in defiance of all those dumb skeptics and their dumb skepticism. What do those stuck up sticks in the mud know, anyway?

But these books, they and thier stories are what I live for. Why even now, I'm reading this latest adventure book from fort rainbow dash, about amare who survived an airship crash far out at sea, and must survive in a wild untamed wilderness woth only her wits and whatever tools she can find to protect her. With a few minor tweaks, her story becomes my own, and I am quickly immersed in this exciting tale as I read on...

I'm off in the hot and steamy jungle; a humanoid pony girl, alone and trapped on a tropical desert island. Armed with only a spear, four weeks of living on the edge of this island have reduced my clothing to a primitive tribal skirt and top. Realizing I finally need to explore the island, I hack and slash my way through the undergrowth, avoiding dangerous predators and perilous pitfalls. As I make my way across the island, I see smoke rising from a clearing, and hear strange chanting, following the sounds, I soon arrive at a village full of natives.

Ohhh, they are a fierce bunch- a group of savage earth ponies, their faces covered by tribal markings, feathers decorating the rings around their hooves. Scanning the village, I see them all standing around a pot of boiling water, chanting "walla walla willa walla", while roasting the poor pony trapped inside. But when I learn in closer, I see the poor Pegasus they captured is none other than Trucker, Four Speed's twin brother (whose only marked difference is his wings) that disappeared on a sea voyage months ago! Thinking quickly, I cut free a vine from the tree I'm sitting in, and swing down to pull him out of the boiling water.

"Are you okay?" I ask, as I heroically swinging the stallion back to safety. "Those Neanderthals hurt you?"

"No time!" He yells in a panic, pointing a finger back at the angry savages rushing towards us. "We got company!"

Our wings too soaked from the water, the two of us race towards the beach, the army of savages in hot pursuit. Spears and blowgun dart whiz past our heads, as he can feel their hot breath on the back of our necks. It isn't long before we reach the beach... and the two of us realize that we're trapped.

"Oh, no!" The white stallion clad in nothing but a loincloth- a skimpy, ab-revealing loincloth wet from the water he had been boiling in (*pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant*) wailed. "We're trapped, what are we going to do now?!?"

"Don't worry!" I declare, standing in front of him, raising my spear at the oncoming tribal horde. "I'll protect you!"

The nearest savage raises his weapon, and is about to strike, when-

"Paradise, could you come help me? I can't find that book on astrological forecasts for the coming year!"

Oh dear! We'll have to continue this later, duty calls! Sigh, why can't Galaxy find her own astrology book?!

Chapters Next