• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,054 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,054

PreviousChapters Next
The Way of the Rainbow, Part Two

The Way of the Rainbow, Part Two

"Windy, what's wrong? Are you all right?" A voice calls out to me from the darkness, pulling my mind back to reality from my dream-like state. "Sister Windy, please snap out of it!"

My eyes snap open in shock, and I find myself sitting before my sisters Moonstone and Parasol, deep within the monastery’s meditation chambers. There was never an alicorn here before us, and I have thankfully not betrayed my sisters. Looking around at my two fellow rainbow ponies, panic quickly filled my heart and mind.

"My sisters, it is truly terrible~" I cried out in a panic, hopping to my feet. "I had a horrible vision of the future, though I am not fully certain what it means!"

Then perhaps you should tell us of this vision that troubles you so, so that we may help you ascertain it's meaning." Parasol suggested in her usual calm way. "Let your sisters unburden the worries of your heart and mind, so that you may be at ease once more."
And so I tell them of the purple alicorn, and her quest to take the rainbow of light, as well as my betrayal of my sisters and everything I believe in. Parasol and Moonstone look at each other, nodding as the same thoughts crossed both of their minds.

"You have little to fear, sister. We do not possess the Rainbow of light here, nor is there any purple alicorn princess in this world." Parasol assured me, placing a comforting hoof on my shoulder. "Your disturbing visions have not yet come to pass, so let your mind not be troubled."

"But these visions may have a deeper meaning, sister. And that's something we must meditate on." Moonstone agreed, looking back at me with concern. "Perhaps you have doubts about yourself, and fear your doubts will lead you to betray us, or let us down in some way?"

"And this alicorn... perhaps she represents a foe you believe is before us, yet you cannot directly identify yet?"

"Hm, perhaps you are correct, my sisters." I reply with a sigh, considering their words. "But I do indeed wonder if this might not be a more literal vision, than the usual symbolic ones we receive on a regular basis."

"You mean, that perhaps your mysterious alicorn is an actual adversary that may come to threaten us?" Moonstone replied, "And that one of Dream Valley's greatest weapons may be under threat by this unknown opponent?"

"I believe that's hat B'zekre might be trying to tell us." I reply with uncertainty. "I only wish she would reveal to us from where this threat was coming, so that we could better prepare for this dangers ahead."

"We all wish the goddess would tell us exactly what she means, sister... it would certainly make all of our jobs easier." "But perhaps you are right sister, I will send word to Queen Majesty to be on guard, though I do wonder how such a thing as an unaccounted for alicorn could still be out there. Especially without our knowing about it."

"There is much in this world we are not aware of, sister. Much more than we rainbow monks would care to admit." Parasol pointed out. "It is our order's greatest weakness that we know and see so much, that our own arrogance at times causes us to see and know so little."

And so we depart from the meditation chambers to go and do that which we rainbow ponies are always best at- praying. We eight of the flowing manes- along with our hundreds of acolytes- serve all of Ponyland's spiritual needs. We are here to provide comfort to horsemasterists when they need it, and to give warnings and aid when our goddess calls upon us to.. We have replaced the alicorns as mediators between the world of mortals and the world of the spirit, and I feel right now B'zekre is trying to warn us of something most dire.

As we rejoin our other sisters in the great shrine, we kneel before th altar and close our eyes. The rainbow power washes over us as we chant our prayers to the goddess, and her peace washes over me. The answer to these puzzling and troubling matters will come to us in time, when the great will of the horsemaster deems it to be so.

But oh, how could any alicorn want to cause Ponyland any kind of harm? They are the holy and living symbols of B'zekre's power made flesh, the embodiment of three types of pony manifest in one form, just as the horsemaster herself is the mystical composition of a trinity of ponies in one. How could one of her divine handmaidens, the alicorns, possibly act against the good of pony kind? I try to push these matters from my mind, and let the grace of our blessed mistress wash over me through the myriad colors of the rainbow. And through the strength of my faith and prayer, Windy the rainbow unicorn's troubled heart is finally at peace.

PreviousChapters Next