• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,054 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,054

PreviousChapters Next
Dominate

Dominate

Competition, it's what daddy says makes the world go round. Survival of the fittest is how my daddy, my grandpa, and My great grandpa controlled the economy of Ponyville. It's what makes up the most important ponies in this town- well, after Princess Twilight, of course- and lets us run things the way they should be. Competition roots out the strong from the weak, and let Silver Spoon and I rise above the ratty competition in this backward, one-princess town.

Some ponies say I'm mean, some call me a bully. I say let them. They're all just jealous that they are not strong enough to compete with me, they can't stand up to my 'mean' comments, when all I'm doing is telling them the truth. Mommy couldn't handle the truth when daddy told her, when she whined daddy was being too 'heartless' to his customers who owed him money. So when he had the bank foreclose on the old couple who lived next to our house so he could get the land to expand his store, mommy up and left us. I say let her, she's not strong enough to be a part of our family.

Those little brats I used to know at school, the cutie mark crusaders... they were the perfect example of weakness. Three little blank flanks who didn't get their cutie marks until they were almost teens, how could anyone think that trio was worth anything? That stupid Scootaloo still can't even fly! Why did Miss Cheerilee and the other worthless ponies in our school even listen to them?!? They had these stupid ideas about caring and friendship, that stuff stops the strong from exploiting lesser ponies!

I can't believe Miss Cheerilee supported those stupid ideas, being that she was supposed to prepare us for life in the adult world, and sweep away such sentimental nonsense! It's a good thing I paid that unicorn witch to trap Miss Cheerilee in that enchanted book, now she won't be able to spread her weakness to future generations of ponies. I donated the book to a dusty old wing of the Canterlot archives, and by the time anypony finds her in all those dusty stacks, I'll be dust in the ground by then!

I also eliminated daddy when he became too weak- it didn't take to much bribe money to get Filthy Rich shipped off to the old ponies home for senility. Now, I have no competition in my plans to dominate Ponyville. He was still trying to hide his strength behind a veil of weakness by putting on an act, and pretending to be 'nice' in public. I'll make no such mistake in my dealings with these stupid ponies, there should be no reason for the predator to hide his strength from his stupid, gullible prey. Now, there's nothing left to stand in my way from completely controlling this entire town!

Nothing... except that stupid Princess Twilight and her stupid little friends! The princess of friendship... bah! Why would a princess, a position of power, stand for something so weak? There's no way my money could buy her off... but then again, it really doesn't have to. Little miss friendship might be immortal, but her namby-pamby little friends aren't. All I have to do is bide my time until they all die off, keep slowly buying up every acre of Ponyville, and everything will be ready when that alicorn leaves this town out of painful heartbreak. Then, I can turn this whole community into a money making enterprise, and finally put these miserable and weak ponies to good use!

So I've quietly been making the necessary preparations, eliminating the weaknesses that could stand in my way. No one will be able to trace that poison placed in that cross-eyed mare's muffin when she refused to sell her home to me. And Time Turner's little 'accident' involving his getting buried under a ton of sand from one of his own hourglasses... well, everpony assumes it's just an accident. No one will think anything of it when I quietly acquire his business from the estate. All it takes is a few bits in the right places.

That's the beauty of money, you see... money is the sweet ambrosia of the alicorn gods that makes this world go round. For all their talk of love and friendship, offer any pony enough wealth, and they'll sell out their best friend or betray their mother. Every pony in Equestria is greedy at heart, and every Equestrian equine has their price. They can rant and rave about special talents and harmony all they like, but every one of these little hypocrites, from the now elderly CMC to the royal sisters themselves, secretly crave both wealth and the power it brings. Those alicorn fools just won't admit it to themselves.

At least I'm honest about my lust for gold, I even wear this truth on the diamond tiara that adorns my head. My family has always known how to part an equine and his wealth, and make him or her think they've gotten some kind of happiness out of the money they've spent. Let other ponies live in their self-delusion that there actually is things such as compassion and friendship, I'll simply sit back and rake in the profits from their stupidity.

Ponies like myself are the ones truly in control of this world, the ponies who dominate because we see the true nature of this world. And as long as other mares and stallion continue to wear blinders in regards to the way the world really works- well, that simply means more foolish saps for mares like me to drain dry of their bits, then! After all, it is simply natural for the strong to out-compete the weak, for lesser ponies to be ground into the dirt by their betters. To even consider I was wrong would be a sign of weakness on my part!

PreviousChapters Next