• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,054 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,054

PreviousChapters Next
Fluttershy Shutterfly

Fluttershy Shutterfly

Hello, um, uhhhhh….. It’s so nice to meet you. My name’s F-Fluttershy, and I-I’m from Ponyville. W-what? Oh no no, not that Fluttershy, she was my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandma! I-I’m not very good with animals, though I do think they are awfully cute and adorable! Whenever I see a an fluffy little kitty or adorable little puppy, I just cant help but take a picture of it!

Yeah, if you haven’t guessed it yet, taking pictures is my special talent. I love to take my camera out, and snap photos of everyone and everything around me. Ponies, pets, buildings, events… I capture instant glimpses of the world around me on film, and share my art with everyone by hanging my work in my galley. I’ve done Wysteria’s coronation, Toola Roola’s wedding, and Kimono’s paper lantern festival. Razaroo always has me on tap to take photos for her birthday book, and Pinkie Pie has a wall reserved in her house for every holiday photo I’ve snapped.

And what comes after I snap the pictures… for me, nothing beats the fun of working in a dark room, watching your snapshots slowly become visible as you hold it under the liquid in your hooves. I love the smell of a new roll of film, between when you take it out of the package, and stick it into your camera. And there’s always a smile when I bring my lens into focus during a special event. Other ponies just love it when I put the world around me on film! I swear, not even the great Photo Finish herself, even with all her 'dam magics', could've matched my amazing skill as a shutterbug!

At least, that's what Spike the Dragon tells me. I don't even know who this 'Photo Finish' lady is. I really don't think I'm that good of a photographer myself at all, I just know I really like taking pictures. But if all my friends say I'm really good at my hobby, I'm more than happy to share my favorite pastime with them. Everyone should enjoy photography, wither it's the photographer taking the picture, or the viewer viewing it!

But… there are times when being a photo buff aren’t so much fun for me. In my obsession to photograph everything, I’ve taken pictures of ponies when they didn’t want to be pictured. Once I snapped a photo of Rainbow Dash and her boyfriend Denim Blue, when they were enjoying some time alone. They weren’t to happy about that, and Rainbow told me very loudly that she didn’t want to see me doing that again. The same thing happened with Skywishes and her stallion lover Silver Glow, and also with Fiesta Flair and her husband Frisco. I seemed to get into sooo much trouble, even when I really don't mean to!

"Fluttershy, Darling, could you please point that camera somewhere else?!"

"Fluttershy, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to stop bringing that camera of yours to Butterfly island. You took that photograph at a most inopportune time!"

"Seniorita Fluttershy, was are you doing!? Taking pictures of us like dat is muy rude!"

Sigh... I never meant to cause trouble, I just thought they were great shots! And now I can't even take pictures on Butterfly island anymore- that's one of my favorite spots for wildlife! Butterflies are my favorite animal to photograph- maybe that's why I have one as my cutie mark , hee hee. But I don't get why Queen Sky Wishes says I have a problem with taking too many pictures. I mean sure, it was a little embarrassing taking that photo of Thistle Whistle while she was going to the bathroom behind that bush, but that doesn't mean I have a problem... do I?

At least there are some ponies who appreciate me, like Minty! She currently has me photographing and cataloging her sock collection, and loves every picture I take. My own boyfriend, Daybreak- he's the blue stallion with the red, blue, and green mane who shares my cutie mark- he's a photographer too, though he takes pictures mostly in the early morning. We both love snapping photos in the early morning light together. And my little assistant, Lady Slipper... she's a breezie who can gets in and takes photos in places nobody else can. I don't know what I'd do without these gals (and guy, hee hee), as the rest of my life seems like such a mess sometimes.

Also, I have another problem. See, if you look at all my pictures, you'll notice a certain pink pony mare with a yellow, pink and purple mane missing- see, that pony is me. It is totally ironic that the one pony who just can't stop taking pictures... is too shy to get her own picture taken. Pinkie Pie and all of the others have tried to encourage me on this, but I just can't force myself to stand in front of the lens of my camera, or anybody else's. I know, it's the most pathetic thing you've ever heard, right? The original Fluttershy is probably sitting up in the Friendship gardens right now, ashamed that her earth pony granddaughter is such a wimp. She could stare down even the scariest and meanest dragons, and monsters... and I can't even stare into the lens of a camera without chickening out.

Oh dear, I need to stop being so depressed about everything. Oh, it's a nice sunny day! Maybe I should go fly kites with Skywishes- no, wait, she's still mad at me for photographing her dragon kite before she could reveal it, and spoiling the surprise. Hey, what about Starsong? No, she's still mad about that picture of her singing in the shower. Ohhh, I got it! I'll go see a movie with my best friend, Daisyjo! I'd better take my camera along, though. You never know when a goon spoiler scene might pop up in a flick! Anyway, talk to you later, bye!

PreviousChapters Next