• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,051 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
Sugary Sweet Stuff

Sugary Sweet Stuff

Oh! Um, hello... I really hope I'm not bothering you here. Paradise said I should speak my mind here, but I understand if I'm just annoying you. I'm sorry, I'll just let myself out, just pretend I was never here. Oh dear, why can't I ever do anything right? I bet my twinkle eyes aren't even in straight- ohhh, why am I so ugly all the time? I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, I'm really trying to do better. Here, I'll just go now, sorry to have bothered you.

Wait, you actually want me to stay here and talk? Oh dear, I'm still so nervous. I'm sorry I'm so nervous talking here. My name's Sweet Stuff, and I'm a blue earth pony with jewel eyes and a candy cutie mark. Oh dear, you can already see that, can't you? Why am I so silly around other ponies. Anyway, I'm head of the Dream Castle kitchens in the evenings, baking sweet treats for all the ponies who live here. I so love making sugary candies and cookies for all my friends.

I had a pretty ordinary childhood, sad to say- nothing fun or exciting like Fizzy or Wind Whistler. Daddy was a soldier in the army and a baseball player for Dream Valley, and mama was a baker in the royal kitchens. They were always so kind to me when I was little; mommy making me yummy cakes and pastries, and daddy picking me up a new dolly with exotic outfits in every foreign land he visited. They taught me it was important to be nice to everyone, and I've always tried to live up to that, no matter how mean or pushy the ponies or people around me can get.

I guess that paid off in my teen filly years... no one ever picked on or bothered me. I kind of made friends with the other fillies at the castle, who liked making yummy treats like I did- Gingerbread and Cupcake. The three of us always had a tray of yummy rice krispies treats ready when the football team was done with a game, or for the younger elementary school classes after their lessons were done. We always so loved making those around us laugh and smile!

I'm always whispering when I talk, and I never ever raise my voice unless I am pushed to the breaking point. I don't like being mad at anyone or anything, and I quickly forgive anyone whose done something bad to me- I mean, what's the point in being angry, and yelling, and fighting, when all it does is make everyone miserable? Life's too short to be unhappy for long, and I'd rather play a game, or do another ponies's mane, or play with dollies, or have girl talk at a sleepover with friends than pick fights all the time.

Friendship and fun are what being a pony is all about, but I don't think many ponies get that any more. Surprise likes playing her mean pranks all the time, like when she slipped too much yeast into the batter for the cake I was baking, and made it explode in my face when I pulled it out of the oven. Or like with Truly and her nasty mouth, like when I made her a whole plate of bon bons and took them to her room as a surprise treat. She spent a whole hour yelling at me about 'spoiling her diet', and she used words that would make Salty the sailor blush with shame!

Why do other ponies have to be so mean? My mama said mares and fillies should be kind, gentle, and sweet to other ponies- with pretty make up and ribbons, of course- not these arguing, angry meanies who are always fighting with me and each other. I mean yeah, I'll stand up and get mad if some bad guy threatens the herd. But why tear each other apart over silly little pointless things? I'll never understand all of this pointless bickering.

I'm sorry about sounding so negative, maybe I could tell you about something nicer? Oh! Last week all us girly ponies in the castle went over to a slumber party at Wind Whistler’s apartment- Chief had taken their daughter Moondream to Luna Park in bright valley for a few days, you see- and we all brought something yummy to eat, and had a big party! Bow Tie did all of our manes up in ribbons and curls, while Fizzy braided our tails!

We were played a game of truth or dare, where Twilight admitted Tornado was the only guy she had ever kissed, or- you know, the stuff that makes me blush- with. Then Heart Throb broke out her extensive doll collection, and we all sat around in a circle, combing their manes and trading tips on how to clean and restore pony dolls. Then I made us some s’mores, and Paradise told ghost stories!

Unfortunately, those mean tomboy ponies came in, and decided to spoil all the fun! Applejack and Firefly fed a long hose down through the roof while we were all having a pillow fight, and Gusty used her magic to turn on the water and let us all have it! Our whole lovely evening, along with our pretty makeovers and dolls we had worked on, were all washed away in a torrent of water the Tomboys had unleashed upon us as a cruel prank. We could hear Cherries Jubilee and Magic Star's laughter from the roof, thinking they had gotten the better of the frilly fillies and their sissy stuff.

But my fellow ladylike didn't take this disgrace hooves down, oh no! Fizzy trapped those un-girly ruffians in a series of bubbles, and floated them down into the room with us. Then, Glory and Posey pulled out the lipstick, dresses, and mascara, and it was MAKEOVER TIME! It was so funny seeing Whizzer and Shady covered in all that makeup, and the great Firefly, all dolled up in a frilly evening gown! They all went galloping away in embarrassment, while we all collapsed to the floor in laughter. That was so much fun!

I wish more ponies knew how to have fun like that, instead of arguing and bickering all the time. I wish everyone could see that good times and friendship are the real magic, and- oh dear, look at the time! I'm so sorry I kept you some long, with my dumb chattering! Please forgive my silliness, but I need to be on my way now! Let yourself out of my apartment when you're done- oh, and feel free to take any of the cookies I made in the fridge home with you- don't worry, they're all low fat! Anyway, I'll see you around the castle sometime, if you ever decide to visit again! Bye!

PreviousChapters Next