• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,051 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
My Chief joy at easter

My Chief joy at easter

Top o' the mornin' ta ya, lads and lasses, hope you're having a fine Spring Festival on this fine day! Oh, such fun it would be, ta be a foal on a holiday like this! Colrin' yer eggs, watin' fer a basket o' candy from the Easter Pony- Aye remeber the joys o' this holidy from when aye was a wee colt. Ah, the memories...

Och, beggin yer pardin, aye should introduce meself! Me name's Chief, and I be Dream Valley's lead fire pony. Perhaps ya've seen me around the castle, the big white stallion with the red hose cutie mark, and the blue and white mane. I spend most of me days travelin around the valley, puttin out fires both inside and outside the castle. It's not an easy task, ta be certain. But when I hack through that door inna burnin buildin, and carry a cryin' and terrified filly ta her thankful parents- tis' a rewardin' enough task ta be doin my dangerous and deadly job, says I!

Och, yer be wondrin about my accent, eh? Tis true, ol Chief is cartainly a native of Dream Valley. The isle of Pony be my home, far across the great sea, where I was raised from a young foal. I knew early in me life that fightin' fires was me callin'. Aye helped put out a nasty one in me grandfather's barn as a colt, to be sure. But me wanderings in my teen years brought me far and wide ta the confederacy, and with no firefighters in Dream Valley- well, there was a wide open space fer me special talent, there was.

I also found a space fer myself in the heart of a clever young lass here in the valley, me lovely Wind Whistler. A sharp and clever mind she has; smar as a whip, and twice as fast. But ach,, she's praobably already tol ye about tha', and that's not what Paradise wanted me ta talk about today, anyway. No, Ah'm here at tell ye about one particular Spring Festival ah attended in Bright Balley- the holiday the humans call easter. It was a day I'll never forget, to be sure, in all the days of me life that come aftar.

Bein' Dream Castle's lone firefighter, I was asked one particular year ta come to the annual Bright Valley Spring Parade, I was. Bein' the nice and hospitable sort, the fireponies of Bright Valley let me ride on top o' the engine with them, throwing candy down fer all the little fillies an' colts ta pick up. Now, notgettin' a chance fer recognition much in me line o' work, I jumped at the chance to ride in a parade, with siren's ablazin, and lights flashin! And all the happy an' smilin faces o' the little oneswas reward enough ta satisfy me to be certain.

But it ws then I noticed all o' the little foals were not enjoyin' the parade, I did. One sad little filly, a blue lass with a purple mane, seemed ta not be able ta get the candy, not movin as fast as her little friends as they scarmbled fer the candy. It was then that I was seen' she had a bad leg, an' was barely tollin along to get th' little choclate sweets and fruit candies we were tosin' to the lads and lasses. She was a little filly come up from new Equestria, she was, 'ere to recieve treament on 'er legs from the unicorn doctors. The sight o' her touched somethin' in me heart, it did, and I decided I was going to do something about it!

"Ach, bring tha' little lass up here!" I told the other fireponies. "So tha' she kin ride beside me!" Seein' the limp in her leg, an' knowin my intent to try an' brighten the little lass's spirits, the lads pulled her up, and put her beside us to ride on the truck. The little lass- who's name was Hopscotch, aye lytar learned- seemed really pleased ta get ta throw the candy out hersalf. She loved the sounds o' the big red engine's siren a blazin' in her ear, she did. An she loved looking back on the unicorn marchin' band behind us, an' the pony clowns goofin' off in front of us! Ta be sure, I've never in all me years seen a filly so excited or so happy!

But it didn't end there for the lass, on no! After the parade, we made shore she was farst in line for the easter pony, an' she even got a whole basket of eggs aftar she got to sit in the easter pony's lap, she did! Hopscotch then got 'er picture takin' with the whole fire brigade, before we returned her to her greatful parents (who had been more than happy to give thar permession when we farst brought her on th' truck, aye might add.) Ahad aye really think we made tha' sweet little pony's day that Spring Festtival, tha' we most certainly did!

So ta all yah laddies and lasses celebratin' the holiday this Spring, please spare a' kind ward an action for the ponies less fourtunate tha' you. Far while yah may be enjoyin a sweet load of candy, and havin' a good time colorin yer eggs, thiar may be a pony out there who canna even lift a hoof ta color an egg! Now, if ye'll excuse me, aye hear the fire bell ringin' over me head. Aye need ta ger me red firepony's helmet an' axe, an head ta the ponies tha' need me most! But aye'll never ferget the little filly whose happiness, despite her own misery an pain, made this holiday even more special for this foolish old stallion. Anyway, happy spring festival to ye all!

Beannachtaí na Cásca!

Chief Whistler

PreviousChapters Next