• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,051 Views, 104 Comments

My little Short Stories 2- Paradise Edition - Paradise Oasis



A new batch of short stories, brought to you by the one and only- Paradise!? Follow the accounts of this Pegasus librarian of a pony community!

  • ...
4
 104
 1,051

PreviousChapters Next
Minty the cursed

Minty the cursed

"Oh Minty, Minty, Minty!" They always say to me. "How come you always mess up stuff so badly?"

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I really don't mean to!"

I didn't mean to set Skywishes's kite collection on fire! I didn't want to break Sunny Daze's roller skates! These things just kinda happen!

I mean, I try really really hard not to mess up, but I always seem to bump into everything, and knock everything over! Ohhh, why does the whole world have to be so fragile, and everything my hoof touches breaks like it's made of glass? I am as careful as I can be, but everything I get near seems to break apart into a million crackly pieces! I just want something to go right for a change!

Can't I go one day without something going wrong? I take Scootaloo's scooter out for a joyride, and I end up running it off the road, and sinking it into Ponyville lake! Or when Applejack is holding a picnic in Ponyville park, I break Junebug's ant farm on the ground, and everybody goes running in every direction covered in the nasty little buggers! Oh why oh why is it so hard to do anything right?

And the worst part is, everyone always gets mad at me when this stuff happens! They all act like I was actually trying to do some of this stuff! It's all totally accidents, I swear! I would never go around and wreck everyone's stuff on purpose! I know Kimono is going around saying I have might have some kind of 'latent hostility' towards the other ponies in Ponyville, and all my oopsies are me acting that out. But it's just not true! I love all my Ponyville friends! I'd never do anything to hurt them! But the world seems really intent on hurting me!

Even when I try to do something nice, it backfires! Like that bowl of chili I made for Spike, that was so spicy that it made him spit fire for three hours. Or when I tried to go to unicornia, I was helping to string up lights for the illumination festival- I got poor Brights Sprightly and Lilly Lightly all tied up with as string of lights to a lamp post! And when I mixed up that rainbow berry juice for Sweetberry's party... how was I supposed to know the berries were spoiled? Everybody had the trots for two days, and it's all my fault!

Maybe it's just that I was born cursed. when I was a little filly, Momma Minty tripped on a toy I left out, and fell and hit her head... she hasn't woken up since. In ponymentary school I was pushing Sparkleworks on the swing, and I accidentally pushed her all the way over the bar and she hit her head! In art class accidentally spilled paste all over Toola Roola, and in music class I accidentally bumped into Tinka Tinka Too when she was playing a Kazoo, and she accidentally swallowed it! Oh, I was even a klutz back then!

Even my love life's messed up! One time I went on a date with Seaspray, and when I kissed him, he got sick cause he was allergic to my raspberry glitter lipstick! The town's stallions won't even come near me, 'cause they're all afraid they'll end up in a full body cast like Frisco did! I'll never get married and have a foal... and even if I did, I'd probably drop him on his head when the nurse first handed him to me, or accidentally put him into a clothes dryer to dry him off!

None of my friends or the other ponies ever come right out and tell me they don't want me around, but there are little hints. Babies cry whenever I try to hold them, other adult ponies say a silent prayer when they ride beside me on the Ponyville roller coaster. I have a little cemetery out behind my house for all the pets I forgot to feed or water. Even the flowers Wisteria and Daisyjo give me occasionally wither up and die within a day, just to get away from me. Why do I destroy everything my hoof touches?

Why is fate so mean to me? Why do I always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Why can't I, just once, make a loved one laugh and smile, instead of running away and screaming because I got their hoof caught in the blender? I'll tell you why- it's because I'm cursed! Doomed forever to have everything go wrong, I can't have a single day go by without me triggering some kind of natural disaster, and the only thing I manage to do is bring pain and suffering to the ponies I call my friends.

That isn't right...

That's no good...

I'm no good.

Nobody really wants to play with me, or spend time with me, or even talk to me. If they weren't just trying to be nice, I'd probably be all alone. I've heard them arguing behind my back

"Do we really need to bring that klutz along?"

"I don't wanna end up with my coat dyed plaid again!"

"There is no way I'm having that green goofball over at my house again! Sparkleworks still hasn't gotten done repairing it from the last time!"

And they really don't like it when I do my favorite stuff, like when they got mad at me for painting the entire town green. green is my favorite color, after all! Or when I give them socks for their birthday, I see them throwing the socks in the trash can when they think I'm not looking. It's okay, I understand not everyone likes what I like. At least they're trying to spare my feelings, right?

Even if they won't admit it, Ponyville would be better off without me. It's only a matter of time before I accidentally blow the town to smithereens, or get it washed away in a catastrophic flood. I really should get out of here, before I actually get some pony killed, instead of just sent off to the hospital. Ponyville would be better off without a mare like me, and things wouldn't get so screwed up so often. Maybe just for once, maybe I'll get the courage to do the right thing, and go to a place where I cant hurt them anymore. Maybe I should just get up, and try to leave town forever again.

No, I could never do that, not while there are still a few ponies who really do care for me. Thistle Whistle likes me, that frightened Pegasus once braved her fear of clouds on a cold Christmas eve just to rescue me once. And Pinkie Pie... pinks is always the one who stands up for me no matter what happens! She's the one who forces the others to not give up on me, even when they really should! I wish I could be as good a friend to them, the way they are to me. Maybe next time I'm a klutz, I'll actually do something right when I mess stuff up. Maybe next time, I'll just do everyone a favor... and break myself.

PreviousChapters Next