• Published 10th May 2014
  • 958 Views, 9 Comments

Dark skies of the night! - Sunder Shadows



A human by the name of Dante doesn't exactly regreat much but hates his life for the sheer repetitiveness, and as a result gets flipped onto the face of Equestia and the rest is history.

  • ...
8
 9
 958

Daylight, Whats That? (1)

Daylight, What's That?

I awoke in a pool of blood. A rock lay at my side. There stood a blue-coated pony. At that moment, I was not sure whether I should talk or stay silent. Then it kicked in - a huge spike of pain, as I looked down to my hooves and noticed blood pouring from the bases of them.

“OWW!!!”

As instinctive reflex, my hoof flew to my mouth, in an effort to muffle my agony. Somehow I managed, as my woe escaped instead, as a low-toned shush, pushing through my gritted teeth. Wincing as I peered ahead into the distance, I could make out only dim, green glowing orbs amidst a surrounding blackness; which I assumed was the eccentric lighting of this area in which I’d just awoke and oddly discovered myself. Then suddenly, an enormous roar bellowed from nowhere and everywhere – all at once! Even the ground around me trembled, debris falling free and boulders diving from their cliffs.

A bright flash illuminated from about the valley, as the trees all simultaneously burst ablaze. The dreadful consciousness came abruptly like a blow to the skull,

“DRAGON!”

Immediately, springing up onto all four hooves, I aimed to scamper off like a terrified chicken, but I did not get far. For in a split instant, I was then spiracle –pinned, right to the ground! By what, though? Something - that’s what. And then, almost more unexpectedly, whispered words of warning floated to my ear.

“Hey, will you shut up you royal punk?”

The voice sounded so familiar and yet so distant to my mind. Admittedly, it was hard to focus, since there was a freaking dragon on a rampage, soaring above, scorching the fields, seeking prey. The dragon’s roar echoed through the skies, once more.

“T-this can’t be real, I know this can’t be real!”

I chanted inside my own mind, as a huge gust of wind blew, toppling every tree that served as secure-cover. The ground buckled as the massive talon of the dragon smashed against the dirt.

The dragon spoke the only word a dragon ever thinks:

“LUNCH!”

He traced his grotesque lips with his gargantuan tongue, a taunting technique. The pony who has been watching me rises, as it appears to no pony else then Chrysalis. I blinked a few times in disbelief, gazing downward. I was seeing a reflection of myself and it was almost too much to accept as truth. Here, that old, crazy fart I’d met days ago had turned my dream to reality! He’d actually transported me to the Land of Equestrian and thus, transformed me into a god, as well!

“Wow, I’m already at the top of the line!”

I celebrated, internally.

Now, I could hear the buzzing of Chrysalis’s wings, as well as her groans of pain; the dragon had her in the grips of his talons. Brainstorming in rapid, desperate flashes, I referenced my memory for a few magic verses. Suddenly, my horn began to radiate light and then, all that was audible was the overly-obsessive groan of the twenty-foot dragon,

“A-AAAAH!!! YOU’LL PAY FOR THAT YOU INCONSIDERATE LITTLE BEING!!!”

The dragon took his attack-stance, pulling one hind leg back, before dragging it through the dirt, like an angry bull, all prepped to charge at its instigating matador.

I reflected first, and then said aloud.

“Are you going to bark all day or bite me?”

I spoke with my best Texan accent. The dragon stared at me, as if dazed. Just then, Chrysalis applied a source of magic so powerful, even I was amazed by the amount of damage she inflicted on the dragon! At first, there was only the dragon’s screaming; both wings were being torn from his scaly mass of a back; then, followed a loud thud, as the dragon solidified entirely into stone! Instead of modeling Celestia, deciding to just leave the dragon at his already terrible fate, she blasted it with a fuse of magic so powerful it cracked the very earth beneath us!

“NOBODY TOUCHES THE QUEEN WITHOUT HER CONSENT!!!”

Startled, I began to back up, stumbling and falling over a simple log, as she turned her head to face my direction.

Scrambling my thoughts, I uttered a protective verse, forming a magic force field to encase my body.

“D-Don’t come any closer or….I’ll have to strike you down where you stand!”

She only laughed, hearing my threat, as she lay a hoof on the shield, instantly deactivating it.

“You think a simple force field like that would stop one such as Queen Chrysalis?”

I foolishly replied:

“Well if you’re so powerful, how come a simple dragon like that caused you so much trouble?”

With an arrogant smirk, I rose to stand and stare her directly in her face, only to receive a hoof to the gut.

“Are you implying I’m some kind of weakling?”

She questioned with a tone that promised punishment for any further disrespect and her horn began to brighten with magic.

Soon, another groan of discomfort fled me, as she slashed her hoof across my right cheek.

“Who exactly are you?”

This time, I thought for a moment. Here, I’ve only fairly recently awakened, and there’s been war with a dragon. I answered:

“Names Dante”.

I try to ignore all the pain I’m suddenly aware of and my front hooves shaking. “Strange…I’ve never heard of you around here,” she clears her throat.

“Considering you’re a royal member too, I’m quite honestly surprised I received no word of your arrival to the thrown of…where exactly do you rule?”

Sweat started to produce from my forehead. Crap, she’s onto me, now. Um….well I could say I’m the ruler of Sombra Empire.

“I-I rule the Crystal empire now!”

She looks at me, astounded by the words - Crystal Empire.

“Y-you rule that place?”

She looked down.

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

She backs up, as a few drones show up, growling and snarling ferociously. In the time it takes for, seemingly, a whole army of them to just appear out of thin air, I announce sarcastically, “Should have figured! Well….um…I’m OUT OF HERE!!”

I stretch both wings and begin to flap, slowly lifting off the ground. I’m chuckling, as I embark, gathering height above the earth below, upward to flight. Within seconds though, I’m descending, after an indescribable sizzling occurs and interrupts everything. In the distance, my eyes caught glimpse of a luminous, green flare.

“OH HELL!!”

My entire body had gone stiff; first, my hooves; then, my wings. I landed, crashing into the hard surface beneath, face first. I gazed upward, bewildered. Everything slowly fading, blacking out - the only visible presence within my eyes were the Queen and two changelings.

“Good as dead,” she utters in a somber tone.

As my mind runs black as night, again, I hear the buzzing of wings. Trying to open one eye -

"Come on stupid eyes, open up already," I mutter to myself. Far off, my ears make out the now distinct voice of the Queen:

"Make sure he's awake for our little present," and she laughs, as the buzzing becomes more frequent. I awaken to find myself inside a dimly lit room. The light hardly makes any way into this room, as two candles tease, laying only flickers of enlightenment into my unfamiliar surroundings.

"W-what the hell is going on?"

I’m already sweating profusely and…in "a bed?" An eerie sound creeps in from the direction of the doorway, as even the, flickering tease of the candles’ light ceases and dies out.

“Oh geez, what’s next?”

Author's Note:

For those curious this is my first story ever, and with that said mistakes are bound to happen. Please do offer constructive criticism to make my writing better than what it is. Also I'm trying new ways to talk with my character so writing wont be such a chore... Another thing for those wondering when chapter 2 is coming out
My answer will be. I'm not exactly sure when it come out... until I find myself a editor since my old one is Mia...

Comments ( 9 )

"Crystal" has no "H" in it.

4366356 My bad...it still needs a bit of proofing, but forgive me it's rather late atm and kind of brain dead :P

I think I can do a reading of this. But there are a few points where I'm not sure who's talking, Crysalis or dante. Could you clarify for me? Also, it's not going to have any clopping in it right?

5259529 Oh...well just point out lines for me, and I'll tell who's saying what. Also I'm not planning on making this a clopping story.

5273853 I think these are the only ones ; “Dragon”
“Hey will you shut up you royal punk”
“Nobody touches the queen with out her consent

5274046 Those are the Queens lines....

I like it, please continue.

I like it, please continue.

Login or register to comment