• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 961 Views, 14 Comments

Friendship is Magic - Chronicles - RitsuD95



Twilight has just moved into Ponyville, a utopia-like city. One night, she receives a package from her sister. Inside, was the way the Alicorn Celestia reached her. She is destined to protect the world, an Element of Harmony.

  • ...
1
 14
 961

Someone I Care About

"Twilight, that wasn't just a dream."

Twilight was sitting at her desk, computer open, and video chat on. On the screen, was a beautiful girl with hair of light blue, green, and pink. A gentle smile graced her face. Twilight just sighed, a tired expression on her own face. The girl continued to speak.

"Little sister, you really did just travel to another place. But I'll explain how that happened some other time. I'm more concerned with you. Most importantly, have you made any friends yet?"

"Celeste," Twilight huffed, "It was my first day. You know I'm not a very sociable person."

"Did you at least talk to someone?" Celeste asked with a knowing smile. Twilight stopped and thought for a moment. Yes, she did actually talk with someone.

"Well... I met a girl named Pinkie. But she's really weird. And she wouldn't stop talking and laughing. She just wouldn't leave me alone." Twilight thought to herself. She didn't realize, but she was staring downward. That was enough of a sign for her sister to pick up on.

"Twilight," Celeste said, recapturing Twilight's attention, "Never reject someone who wants to be your friend, especially if they want to make you happy."

"Okay... I'll try, sis."

"Also, remember to use the headband again tomorrow. Celestia's spirit will teach you how to manipulate and control your spiritual energy. In the meantime, I'll read the book I found in the ruins. The one I sent you was just a copy. It's written in a strange, dead language, so it could take a bit to translate for you. But it has spells you can use once you learn to control your magic."

Celeste continued to smile, even as Twilight was overwhelmed by the whole concept of what's happened to her in the span of a single day. Not exactly how she expected her first day to go.

"So, how is everything?" Celeste asked, causing Twilight to raise an eyebrow.

"You mean other than the fact that the entire world now rests on my shoulders?"

"Oh... Hehe... Right. Yes, other than that." Celeste continued without missing a beat.

"Fine... Talk to you later, Celeste." Twilight said as she turned off her webcam.

~ The Next Day ~

Twilight sighed as she made her way to school.

She was still trying to wrap her head around what had transpired the night before. By now, she had expected that she would receive some... interesting items from her sister. However, last night was far more than she could have bargained for.

After all, how could she have expected to be visited by an Alicorn?

Twilight mulled over everything told to her by Princess Celestia. She supposed to be reunite and lead the Elements of Harmony. She's supposed to save the world from a great evil.

"It's like the plot of some fantasy novel..." Twilight sighed to herself.

She wasn't exactly inclined to be excited at the prospect of having the fate of the entire world rest on her shoulders. She wasn't even convinced that she would be able to use magic, despite all that she was told.

"Can I even use magic?" She asked herself, "I'm in serious doubt."

As she made her way to the school's gates, she saw Pinkie standing directly in the entry way. The energetic girl was squinting, scanning out, looking for something. Twilight had a really good guess as to what.

She ducked, and quietly snuck by Pinkie.

"Huh. It's late and Twilight still hasn't shown up..." Pinkie said to herself, confirming exactly what Twilight thought. Pinkie was searching for her. It was way to early in the day for her to get worn out again.

Twilight broke into a run, dashing by Pinkie as she looked the other way. She sighed with a bit of relief as she continued to run toward the school building, planning to hide somewhere until the bell. That is, until she found herself crashing into someone and finding herself on the ground.

She quickly got to her feet and began to dust herself off, "Sorry! I didn't see you there!"

When she heard no response, she decided to look up to see who she had the pleasure of getting flattened by. Immediately drawn to a familiar cowboy hat, she realized it was one of the girls from yesterday. Twilight continued to stare at this girl. Perhaps she didn't hear? Then, she remembered that this was the one who pushed the rainbow girl. She decided she should try and say something more.

"Um... Hi! My name's Twilight and I-"

"I couldn't care less." The cowgirl deadpanned before walking away, leaving a shocked and slightly offended Twilight.

"Man, what's wrong with that girl?! Who is she?" Twilight asked herself aloud. A voice that wasn't her own answered.

"Her name's Applejack. She just moved to the city last month! Truth is, no one even knows why she's always so serious!"

"Ah! Pinkie?! Where'd you come from!?" Twilight asked in sudden surprise.

"You're so silly! I was standing in the entrance and you didn't even see me! Haha..." Pinkie said as Twilight laughed ever so nervously.

"Yeah! Ha ha..."

~ At the End of the Day ~

With the school day finally over, Twilight and Pinkie walked out of the school grounds. The sun had begun to set, giving the environment a gentle, orange glow. Pinkie was happily sucking on a lollipop as they made their way through the street.

"You sure you don't want one?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm fine. But now I know why you're so hyperactive." Twilight responded.

The girls walked in silence for a few seconds, before Pinkie broke it.

"Twilight? Can I... Ask you something." For the first time since she'd met the girl, Pinkie didn't sound bubbly and happy.

"What is it?"

"Do I..." Pinkie broke off for a moment. She lightly bit the corner of her mouth before turning to Twilight with a plastered smile that betrayed the sadness within, "Bother you?" The question caused Twilight to stop in her tracks. Slowly, she looked at the girl.

"Wha... What makes you think that?" Twilight asked, mentally kicking herself for the obviously fake surprise in her voice. Pinkie's fake smile faded, being replaced by a somber, bittersweet one.

"For as long as can remember, others really don't like to be around me much. It's always my personality, they tell me that. I guess I- ... I could see it... Why people wouldn't want to be around me a lot." Pinkie's voice, as slight as it was, just began to falter a bit.

"Really?" Twilight asked. She was genuinely surprised by this, "I thought you'd have a lot of friends. But... If it's your personality, why not just change it?"

Pinkie looked back at Twilight. She smiled despite herself.

"Because it's in my nature. I want to share happiness with all the people I know... Especially my friends."

It was then, Twilight recalled Celeste's words from the previous night.

"Never reject someone who wants to be your friend, especially if they want to make you happy."

"Pinkie, you do not bother me." Twilight said, "It's just, I've never been very sociable around others. It doesn't have anything to do with you."

"Thank's Twilight." Pinkie gave Twilight a brilliant smile.

"Hey!" Pinkie exclaimed, "Can I sleep over at your house tonight? I've got something super important that I really need your help with."

"What? Tonight?" Twilight asked. Later that night, Celeste was supposed to teach her some magic later that night. Although, she'd probably prefer Twilight met some more people first. "Okay Pinkie, sounds like a good idea."

Instantly, Twilight was snatched up in a vice-grip-like hug, "Great, I knew you'd like it!"

"I... Also... Like... Breathing..." She groaned out.

~ Later That Night ~

"Mom! Dad! I'm home! And I brought a fr- classmate!" Twilight called as she unlocked her door.

Entering, she saw no one but Spike laying on the couch. He hopped up and walked over to his sister.

"Well, Mom and Dad went shopping."

"Oh, alright. Pinkie, this is my little brother Spike."

Pinkie quickly snatched up the young boy into a coddling hug, "Ah, he's so cute! How are you?!"

"F-fine..." He difficultly responded.

"Easy, Pinkie. You're gonna break him."

~ A Few Minutes Later ~

"So... English?" Twilight asked.

The group of three had moved into Twilight's room, with Twilight currently sitting on her wheeled chair. Pinkie happily sat at the end of her bed, gently kicking her feet back and forth. Spike sat back to back with the hyper girl

"Nope." Pinkie smiled.

"Okay, is it math? Is your problem math?"

"Nope, I'm super-duper good at math!"

"Don't tell me... History?"

"Hahaha, nope!"

"So then, what do you need me to help you with?!" Twilight asked with obvious irritation. Pinkie simply gave a happy smile to the obviously annoyed bookworm.

"I need you to help me choose the music we're gonna play at your welcome party! Maybe we can ask this girl, Vinyl, that's in my class. She's amazing with music and she's really, really cool! She loves parties too!"

Twilight's expression turned from annoyed to shocked, staring at Pinkie.

"You're throwing her a party?!" Spike asked excitedly.

"Yeah! I do for every new student! Isn't it cool?!" Pinkie asked, leaning back to look at him.

"It is! So, can I come?!"

"Sure, little dude! The more, the merrier! Hahaha!"

"Great... I passed up a chance for Celeste to teach me about magic... For nothing." Twilight muttered to herself under her breathe. This wasn't exactly what she had in mind when she agreed to help Pinkie.

Suddenly, the air felt cold and stale, but only Twilight seemed to notice.

"What? Pinkie, do you feel that?"

Twilight looked up to see Pinkie leaned back to Spike, but neither of them were talking.

"Pinkie, did you hear me?" Twilight asked, placing her hand on Pinkie's foot. But once she touched her, she realized Pinkie wasn't even moving.

"Pinkie?! Spike, something's happened to Pinkie! Spike?" She looked over to see that her little brother hadn't moved either.

As she stood up to get a closer look, she was enveloped in a blue light. When the light receded, Twilight was no longer in her room.

"Ugh..." Twilight rubbed her temples as she opened her eyes. The first thing she realized was that she was no longer in her room. The second thing she realized was that she was in a park she recognized from nearby.

"What? H-how did I get here?" Twilight asked no one in particular.

"Good evening."A voice called. Twilight looked up to the top of a stone pillar in front of her to see a girl with light brown skin and piercing teal eyes. The girl also wore a tiara that was similar to her own, except it was a light purple.

"Who... Who are you?" Twilight finally asked as she rose to her feet. The girl continued to sneer at her.

"I have many names. But you may call me Luna." She answered, developing a slight scowl, "I can sense you are emitting a powerful aura. Surely your spiritual energy was recently awakened."

"What are you talking about?" Twilight asked.

The girl called "Luna" rose to her feet.

"Simply put, you are the only one not paralyzed by my spell. Something only possible if you are protected by your own spiritual energy."

"So you're the one that paralyzed Pinkie and Spike..."

"Everything within the radius of my spell has been frozen in time. It only takes a mere drop of my magic to paralyze normal humans. Except for you, since you're protected by your Spirit of Harmony."

"I... I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Do not lie to me, little girl. I can tell that your aura has just recently been awakened. That is only possible if it is triggered by something... Or someone."

"Triggered?" Twilight asked. "Oh! That must have been when I put on the headband Celeste sent me!"

Luna merely continued with her explanation, "And only the Bearers of Harmony are capable of controlling their spiritual energy without prior preparation."

"So.. You must also have one of those spirits?"

In response, Luna bathed herself in a dark purple aura, which expanded into winglike structures on her back as she began to levitate above Twilight.

"Insolent Child! I am far above all of you. I am the reincarnation of the Alicorn Princess of the Night, Princess Luna!"

~ Back in Twilight's Room ~

Within the package sent by Celeste, a pink glow began to emit.

A matching flash appeared on Pinkie. In this moment, she was freed from the spell that bound her. The girl looked back to the end of the bed, Twilight no where to be found.

"Twilight? Hello? Where are you?" She asked.

"Spike? Did you see where she went?"

Spike just continued to not say a word or move a muscle.

Just as she was about to slap him, she saw a glow outside.

"What was that?"

~ Back with Twilight ~

"If you're the reincarnation of Princess Luna, then you must know about Princess Celestia." Twilight said.

"Celestia? What of that Alicorn do you know?"

"My sister is the reincarnation of Princess Celestia."

"Really?" Luna asked, amused. She placed her right index finger on her cheek, "And just where might I find her?"

"Sorry, but she's not in the city."

"What a shame... I really want to meet her..."

Luna raised both of her hands in the air. Instantly, a vibrant, purple ball of energy the size of it's creator began to form.

"So that I could harvest her sacred spiritual energy! Instead, I'll do the next best thing for myself... I'll kill you and take your power! Prepare yourself, bearer of the spirit of Magic!"

Twilight's leg bucked underneath her as she gazed upon the sheer size of the energy being drawn by Luna. No matter how hard she tried, her body wouldn't move like she wanted.

"Die!" Luna shouted as she threw down her energy attack.

In an instant, Twilight felt something slam into her, knocking her away from the concentrated energy. Moreover, whatever had hit her was still sitting on her!

"Twilight!" She looked up to see Pinkie sitting atop her, "You're a meanie! You leave to go play without friend and didn't even invite me!"

While it registered to her that Pinkie just saved her life, the girl obviously didn't grasp the situation.

"Do I look like I'm playing here?!" Twilight growled, "Can't you see that psycho night girl is trying to kill me?!"

"Kill you? Well that doesn't sound very fun."

"Really? You don't say? Thank you for the deep insight."

"Don't worry, Twilight!" Pinkie hopped to her feet, "I'll go talk to her and see if she'll stop trying to kill you!"

"Pinkie, wait!" Twilight called, but Pinkie had already sprinted underneath Luna.

"Excuse me! Girl flying in the sky! Please don't hurt Twilight! She's my friend!"

Luna merely stared down at the naive, pink-haired girl below.

"I see. This makes things interesting."

Without another word, Luna used her magic to grip Pinkie's throat, and slammed her into a tree several yards away.

"Pinkie!" Twilight quickly rushed to her side, "Please, stop hurting her! She hasn't done anything to you!"

"You don't see it?" Luna asked with disdain, "That girl should be severely injured or even dead from being thrown that far. Instead, she is merely unconscious. Her spiritual energy saved her. This is only because she too bears a Spirit of Harmony."

Twilight looked down to the girl she was now cradling in her lap, "Pinkie's also a Bearer of Harmony?"

"However," Luna continued, "I sense she is fare more connected to her Element. For that reason, I shall harvest her energy first!"

Twilight hugged Pinkie tighter as she glared up at Luna. Gently, she set her down and rose.

"No... Pinkie is the only one who ever bothered to approach me... She is my friend! I won't let you hurt her!"

In that moment of true resolve, Twilight was once more engulfed in energy, this time of a pink and purple nature. In a flash, two jewels with the symbol of the Element of Magic appeared on her wrists and her tiara on her head.

"What.. What is this? I feel... Strange." Twilight muttered to herself.

"Aha. This is... Interesting!" Luna gazed down at Twilight, "Now then... Fight me, girl!"

"Fight you?" Twilight asked, wagging her finger, "Don't you know better? Violence is never the solution!"

"That is only something cowards say!" Luna glowered. "But if you don't want the first move, I'll take it! Spectra Convicted!"

From Luna's hands, energy with seemed to be shaped like burning skulls began to fly toward her. Just as Twilight was about to take evasive action, she realized Pinkie was still behind her.

"Damn, I can't move! If I do, Pinkie will take the damage... I cannot allow that!"

Instinctively, Twilight raised her hands against the crashing energy. Suddenly, a golden energy ring with a hexagram surrounded by runes appeared before her, stopping Luna's attack in it's tracks.

"What?" Twilight asked. "Oh... That book said the powers of Harmony are connected to the user's emotions... That's the key to using these powers!"

"Hmph." Luna sneered, "It really is your first time using your powers. Hmm... I do not like fighting you in your current state, so I will offer you one chance. I will let you attack me and I won't move... In fact, I don't do anything."

"Seriously?" Twilight asked, "You're pretty arrogant."

"I give you one minute to try something. If you don't try, you already know what I'm going to do to your little friend there."

"One attack?" Twilight mused, "Perhaps the one from the back of the book would be proper..."

Twilight began focusing her energy, "Please, Elements of Harmony, for the safety of my friend, my family, and my own life, help me."

With this plea, each Element of Harmony began cascading different colors of light over her.

"What?" Luna asked, slightly nervous, "What's happening?"

"Thanks you... Take this!" Twilight aimed her right palm toward Luna, who was now expressing a fair amount of fear.

"Friendship's Magic!" With those words, a multicolored beam of energy was fired at Luna, hitting her dead on.

The spot where Luna was now had a large cloud of dark smoke surrounding it.

Twilight fell to her knees as the energy she was filled with faded away, along with her tiara and wristbands.

"I... Did it.."

"Not quite." With a gust of wind, the smoke was blown away. Floating in the exact same spot was Luna. Twilight just stared at her in disbelief, her most powerful spell didn't do a thing!

"Child, that was extremely foolish."

"No..." Twilight whispered, "It was a direct hit..."

Luna now gave Twilight a look pity, "I have no idea where you learned that spell, but you need to study more. For it to work, you need to reunite the other five Element Carriers together, or that attack will contain only your own energy."

"But.. I saw the other energies..." Twilight panted, now completely drained.

"Only so that you could perform that attack. However, in order for that spell to have it's necessary power, you will need the others with you."

"Why... Do I feel so.." Twilight could barely even look up at Luna.

"That is a side effect, it took more of your power, and also in your case, as the caster, you lost your transformation as well. Now, you are at my complete mercy. Moreover, that spell wouldn't have killed me, only sealed my powers."

"I... Already knew... That. My intention wasn't to kill you. I just wanted to know, why? Why are you doing this to us!?"

"Very well then." Luna answered, "It is because of Celestia."

"Celestia?"

"Yes. A person who knows of Equestria's Kingdom as she lived there, told me that in my past life as an Alicorn, Celestia had locked me away in that world's moon. Can you comprehend that? She locked away her own sister! And all the inhabitants rejected her because her job was to bring the night."

"Lies!" Twilight countered, "Celestia would never do such a thing without a reason! And if what you say is true, that happened in another world! Why take your revenge on us here?"

"This person told me that currently, Equestria is in complete chaos and disarray due to a recent battle there. This prompted Celestia to send over not just the Elements, but herself and the souls of all the inhabitants! The reason for this was so one day, all could return and restore Equestria to it's former glory."

"You're saying that there are people living here who used to live in that place?"

"Exactly. And do you know what's even more important? The majority of them live in this city without even knowing what they were in the past! My goal is to seek revenge on every single one of them. But before that, you and all the other Elements of Harmony will face my wrath."

A blinding flash of light appeared in between Twilight and Luna, stunning them for a moment.

"I will not allow that!"

Stepping out of the light was an Alicorn. Her regal main and alabaster coat shone brightly. She spread her wings, glaring at Luna.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight cried.

"Forgive me for arriving so late, Twilight. But thank you for using your powers. They destroyed the barrier that prevented my from being able to see into this world."

"Celestia!" Luna growled, "We meet at last! Bu why have you appeared in your old form?"

"You say your problems were with me from before. So, let us face each other as we were before!"

Without another word, Celestia launched herself at Luna, capturing the both of them in a blast of light.

~ The Astral Plane ~

When Luna was once again able to see, she looked down at herself. Very quickly, she realized she was also in the form of a Alicorn, "This is how I once looked?"

"Now, it's just us! Tell me, who poisoned your mind with those lies?!"

"You lie, or are you saying it's not true that you imprisoned me on the moon alone for a thousand years?!"

"Luna, what I remember is the wonderful times when we lived together, perhaps they did not mention that to you?"

"Shut up!" Very steadily, tears were streaking down Luna's face.

"You are breaking my heart with all the hatred you have. What I must do not, I swear I never wanted... But I must stop you!"

In a flash, Celestia and Luna make to exchange blows against each other. With a single first strike, Luna defeats Celestia.

"This cannot be right." Luna mused, "Celestia was supposedly so wise and powerful, yet I only needed a single strike..."

She stopped mid-sentence. It was a realization she should have had much earlier.

"You do not have a cutie mark! You're just a fragment of Celestia!"

"Hehe... At least you were fooled as easy as the original..."

"What?" Without another world, her world went dark.

Luna slowly opened her eyes. She shook her head, taking a moment to look around her. She stopped, completely stunned, then shocked.

"This cannot be happening..."

She was on a tropical island, the sun shining brightly above her. A quick scan with her magic confirmed it.

This was an island on the exact opposite side of the world.

...

.....

.......

.........

...........

"I HATE YOU CELESTIA!"

Comments ( 8 )

Oh wow you got permission to do a written fic on his comic? That's pretty cool

4444084 It really is!

When I originally asked, I was doubtful he'd say yes! :twilightblush:

But he was actually quite supportive of it~ :yay::yay:

Bravo! Very interesting, I love the story so far.:pinkiehappy:

Luna now gave Twilight a look pity, "I have no idea where you learned that spell, but you need to study more. For ti to work, you need to reunite the other five Element Carriers together, or that attack will contain only your own energy."
You misspelled it by putting the i after the t.

4444112 Thank you, and fixed, thanks again! :yay:

4444124 No problem. I am happy to help you improve on a very great story.:pinkiehappy:

Bravo! Well done! :pinkiehappy:

4444124 Great work. Ready for more.:rainbowdetermined2:

Login or register to comment