• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 293 Views, 0 Comments

The Fly Sparks Adventure - Christian Ester



In a humanized Equestria, there is evil lurking in the most unpredictable places. Namely 50 Miles into the desert and away from other civilizations. Fly, who was mutated, escapes, and tries to live a life with other people.

  • ...
 0
 293

The Badlands

“Hey, Mac, how’s the family been?” Thunderlane and Big Macintosh are riding the train to visit Appleloosa, Mac needed to visit and Thunderlane tagging along. “Has Braeburn got a girl yet?”

“Eenope.”

“Thought so…” The train is still a few miles away from the town, about 3 miles to be exact. Thunderlane is looking out the window, when he gasps.

“Mac! Did you see that?!” He shakes Big Mac’s shoulder, and points to a blob in the sky that is falling, all power lost in its system.

“Hmm…. Nope.”

“It looked like a person! We need to save them!” he hops up, and runs to the side of the train, where he pulls at a string that activates the emergency brakes, the train lurching in response. He runs to the door, right as a man steps into the room

“Who pulled the brakes?!” The man’s voice carries throughout the cart

“Me, sir, I saw a man out there! He fell from the sky. We need to save him!”

“Where?” Thunderlane points to a part of the badlands, where he last saw the creature.

“Out there!” He jumps out of the train, and runs to the spot “Hurry! They’re in danger!” Nobody moves. “Guys…? Come on… We need to save them”

“I’m not going out there.” Some guy says

“Its dangerous” a girl shouts

“I don’t want to die” another guy speaks up

“Fine them! Come on Mac, you’re coming, right?” Thunderlane stomps the ground with his right foot

“Eenope.”

“Macintosh Appleston! You should be ashamed! Did Granny Smith teach you that way?”

“Nope….” Mac walks off the train, and to Thunderlane “Git goin”

“You have 10 minutes before we leave, now go, we don’t have all day” The conductor shouts to them.

“Good” They walk off into the badlands, the train waiting for them


With Thunderlane flying overhead with his slate grey wings, they spot the fallen person rather quickly. In fact they only took 2 minutes and 37 seconds to spot them, and an extra minute for Macintosh to get to the clearing.

"Wow.... look at that!" Thunderlane picks up the creature's grey wings "Look at all these feathers." Macintosh catches up to Thunderlane, and picks Fly up. Thunderlane looks at the ground, and sees the petite girl there, all of the clothes torn.

"I've got the girl. Lets get back to the train before it leaves us."

"Eeyup" They start to go back, Thunderlane taking the skies and the girl, coping a feel when no one was looking, and Macintosh going through the rough terrain, taking the same route as the way there.


They get back to the tracks right as the whistle blows to signal that the train is leaving. Thunderlane lands next to the train, and puts the girl inside, before flying back to Macintosh to help him get on, holding Fly so that Macintosh can run. They both get on the train right as it lurches forward, both of them out of breath. Thunderlane from carrying two humans, and Macintosh from the running through the rough terrain.

"We've got them...." Thunderlane drags the girl to an empty seat, before taking off his over shirt, and covering her with it, the shirt being large enough to cover her all the way. "How does your family put up with the damn heat?"

"They aint whinin like you" Mac starts to chuckle

"Shut it" Thunderlane joins in, and soon they both start to laugh


As the train arrives in Appleloosa, people file out onto the train station.

"Mac.... what are we going to do with them...? We cant just bring them to a hospital, there isnt one in town."

"We keep em safe"

"I guess..." Thunderlane goes to pick up the Girl, who hasn't moved an inch, and Macintosh goes to grab Fly, who has started to pant. As Thunderlane carries the girl in his arms, the shirt starts to move up slowly, yet neither of them notices it. They walk to Braeburn's house, and knock on the door 4 times.

"Braeburn, its Mac." The door opens to reveil the man known as Braeburn, who runs up to Macintosh and hugs him

"Mac! How long has it been?"

"One month and Twenty-Seven Days."

"Keeping count there?" Thunderlane throws in a comment with a stiffened giggle

"Who's this guy? Your boyfriend?"

"I'm his best friend!" he notices a small spark in Braeburn's eyes from that statement.

"Eeyup" obviously in response to Braeburn

"Wait, what?" Thunderlane turns his head to Macintosh with a blush, before they all start laughing

"Come in, come in, I want to show you what Ah've been working on."


"How cool is this? Ah made it myself" There is a contraption that is powered by a crank, that builds up power, and then shoots out a hoof like object that would knock the apples out of trees

"Wow.... Rather simple, but it seems like it would work." Thunderlane walks around the contraption and pokes it a few times

"Its awesome, cousin" This causes Braeburn to smile

"Hate to ruin this reunion, but I think they need help" Thunderlane points to Fly and the girl, who are both struggling in their slumber.

"Eeyup" They move to help the two guest, now getting to see the dirt, scratches, bruises, scabs, and dried blood.

"Ugh.... Braeburn, go get a First-Aid kit, Mac, get me some water." Braeburn hurries to a bathroom where he keeps his kit, and he comes back with it. Macintosh leaves to the kitchen, and comes back with a bag of water. When Thunderlane receives the kit, he looks through it, and pulls out a soft sponge, before dipping it in the received water, and cleaning off the cuts, before pulling some bandages and putting them on the girl. He pulls out a solution and puts it on a bigger cut and wraps medical tape over it after cleaning it up too. "Start up a warm bath while I treat the bird guy" They go upstairs and start a tub, while Thunderlane walks to Fly on another couch, before doing the same he did to the girl, treating his wounds.

"Ouch.... you're way worse than the girl.... all banged up. I'm surprised you aren't bleeding gallons per second." He starts to wrap a wing in a bandage, before hearing the running water stop and looking to the stairs. 'Lets hope they keep the water warm so that we can wash him too' he looks back to Fly, and notices tiny holes where he was shot with the tranquilizer darts "What did this? Lets find out later" he cleans off Fly the best he can, before leaving him alone and walking upstairs to check on the Apples, running into Braeburn on the way up

"I'll git the girl" Braeburn stops when he sees Thunderlane "I'm gitting the girl, anything else we can do to help?"

"Oh, uh, thanks, you can help me clean her" he pauses to see any reaction in Braeburn's eyes. 'None?'

"No problem" they each nod, before going to do their tasks.


Fly creaks his left eye open as he wakes up, part of a routine to know if its a good time to show any signs of waking. 'Ha! All clear' he looks around the room, and sees the front door ajar from their rush to help Fly and his friend. He starts to sit up, and look around, before noticing a pile of clothes nearby and the lack of clothes on his body. he rushes over and puts them on, before sighing in relief. He sits down on the couch, and starts thinking

'Where am I? Not the lab..... it's... too nice... theres a carpet.... sofa.... clothes .... hmm..... Sacra? Crap! Oh, Joy!' Fly jumps up the stairs, several at a time, before ending up at the top and running to the water he hears running. Fly turna a corner into a room, and dashes to the other side, before skidding to a stop in the door frame of the bathroom. His panting notifies Mac and Braeburn about his presence, causing them to look his way. Fly ignores their questioning and alarmed glances, and focused on the girl instead.

"Hah! You're okay!" his panting is rather heavy as he slumps down in the frame, no longer as worried as before. His ears start to tune into the conversaton taking place between Mac and Braeburn.

"I don't think he can hear us." Braeburn says to Mac, causing the focus of Fly's ears to shift in the direction of Mac waiting to reply

"Eeyup." Macintosh nods before raising eyebrows as Fly decides to pipe in

"Yes I can! see?" His ears flick, responding to the attention.

"Fly......." Sacra lets out a low sigh in slight annoyance

Author's Note:

Yay! Canon Characters are here!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment