• Published 6th May 2016
  • 307 Views, 4 Comments

The Lunar Empire - Shaddeluim



Nightmare Moon has won, the world is in complete darkness and no one is left to stop her. But the light always finds a way in the darkness, even in the most unlikely of ways.

  • ...
 4
 307

The Choice

Choices, some are easy to make. Others, not so much. Some you don't know if it’s even the correct choice or not, we all have to live with our choices regardless of what they are, even if that choice ends up killing. There's no escaping the choices you make, so better make sure each choice is the right one, but sometimes the right one can easily be considered a bad one.

I lay waiting in the infirmary for the medical staff to take a look at the injuries on my back, as well to see if I have any unknown injuries that the medic might of missed. Being my slightly impatient self, I took a look around the pure white room, nothing special really, the room had at least ten beds, each being divided by a cloth curtain. At the side of each bed was an end table with various medical tools spread across the top, five of the beds were occupied by my fellow escaped slaves. Each not looking any better than myself. The doctor and the nurse was currently looking over a sick earth pony, from what I could see my best guess would be that it was Peach Leaf.

“Glad to see she made it out.” I said quietly to myself as I watch the doctor do his job. Peach Leaf was one of the group leaders, I believe it was Group A, which was in charge of the orchards. Then again, I wasn’t very good at remembering which group did what. To be honest I didn’t really care.

“You’re gonna be just fine Ms. Peach, if you feel any discomfort don't be afraid let us know.” The doctor said as he began to walk away from Peach Leaf’s bed. “Alright nurse, who's next on the list?” The nurse was a male unicorn, he had a light blue coat and a white mane.

“The last one on the list, a Ms. Meadow Breeze, sir.” The nurse responded gesturing over the me. The doctor looked over to me and had a bit of a surprised look on his face, as if he has never seen badly injured escape slave before.

“My goodness, I’ve never seen injuries this bad before.” The doc said trying to be quiet as he made his to me. To bad for him he’s terrible at whispering. “Good morning.... Meadow is it?” The doctor asked, which I just gave a simple nod in reply. The doctor began to look over me, checking every visible injury I have as well as seeing if I have any hidden injuries.

“My my, how did you receive all these injuries? This is way worst than I originally expected.” The doctor said a little surprised.

“Being rebellious in the mines, to draw attention away from my friends.”

“I see...what did they hit you with?”

“A war hammer, a few whips, but mostly hooves.” I answered wincing a bit as the nurse lifts my right wing a bit. The doctor and his nurse continue to look over me for a few more minutes, before stopping the doctor looked at his clipboard one last time before speaking again.

“Well miss Meadow, there is something we can do for you.” The doctor said as he gently lowered his clipboard onto the table next to me.

“Great! What is it?” I asked him a bit worried on what it is.

“There is a low level healing spell I can perform, unfortunately it won't completely heal all your injuries but it will do the job.” I looked up to him, not entirely sure about what he’s about to do. The doctor’s horn began to glow a golden yellow as this healing energy wash over me, I could feel my injuries begin to heal. After a while I began to my strength slowly began to return, but not completely.

I sat up in my bed and began to gently move my body, being careful not to undo what the doctor just did. I began to slowly flap my wings until I was certain that they were working properly and that I could not feel any pain. I then tried get out of bed and stand, only to fall right into the nurse’s hooves due to my legs collapse below me. At that moment I knew I wasn't strong enough to walk on my own.

“As you just found out, the spell takes a bit of time to fully heal your body, so for the mean.....” At that moment I stopped buying attention to the doctor, partly because I found his voice a bit annoying and a strange sound coming from behind the room’s door. It almost sounded like someone was arguing, or multiple someone's.

“Do you understand miss Meadow?” The Doctor asked drawing my attention to him once again.

“Understand what now?” I said letting it be known that was even listening.

“That your strength won't fully return until tomorrow morning.” The nurse answered, seemingly so that the doctor doesn’t have to repeat himself.

“So I'm stuck in this bed for the rest of the night?”

“That would be correct yes, but don't worry you're in a safe place here.” The Doctor said just as the infirmary doors were slammed open revealing both Scootaloo and Applebloom trying to push their why past what looks to be a guard.

“What’s going on here!” The Doctor yelled over the commotion.

“These two are trying get in past visiting hours sir.” The guard quickly replied as he pushes back against my friends.

“All we’re trying to do is see our friends, everyone is worried about them.” Scootaloo said looking at the doctor a pair of sad eyes.

I didn't know she knew how to make that look

I could tell the doctor was a little annoyed with everything, and the nurse seemed like he could care less with what was transpiring. The doctor looked back and forth between the two mares, before letting out a sigh of annoyance.

“It’s alright Shield, let them through.” He said before making his way out of the room. “Oh one more thing, don't keep the patients up. They’re going to need their sleep if they're going to get better.” The doctor said closing the door behind him.

“How are you doing Meadow?” Scootaloo said drawing my attention away from the now closed door. I looked at her carefully, as if I was expecting something about her to be different. In fact there was something off about her, I just couldn't figure out what.

“I'm doing alright.” I said sitting up a bit. “You know me, nothing can keep me down for long.” I added as I flex my wings a bit, only for me to wince from the pain that caused. I could see that neither of my friends believe me, but that they also want to give the benefit of the doubt.

“Have ya thought about what you're going to do around here?” Applebloom asked with slight worry in her voice.

To be honest, I haven't thought about it at all. Although I already an idea what I wanted to do for a while now, it's the same thing I've been doing ever since I was old enough in the mines. “I'm going to fight, but this time there's no holding me back.”

Author's Note:

Yeah this took longer then I originally wanted it to take, oh well here it is.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment