• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 1,046 Views, 24 Comments

A Human's Guide To Equestria - Hidden_Blade_Attack



Samual Cronan is a brony with fantasies of seeing Equestria, so what happens when him and his dog is transported there, well not what he expected.

  • ...
13
 24
 1,046

Shadow

Equestria is truly incredible. Just the beauty of the nature and just how peaceful it is, well, when it isn't trying to kill me. I was sitting on this little couch in Lyra's room looking out the window to the night sky. Bon Bon was nice enough to make dinner for Lyra and I. Even though it was just salad (I didn't try the daisy sandwiches) I found it alright. I couldn't dare bring up meat, it would be unheard of.

Bon wanted to talk to Lyra in private which I understand. Lyra told me to wait in her room which I found pretty easily. I doubt Bon likes mint green as much. Riley joined me here as we watched the stars. I wonder how astronomy works here. If Celestia sets and rises the sun while Luna does the same for the night sky. Does nothing work without a magical force? If there even orbit or is the sun pure magic brightening the sky?

I don't know. This universe has completely different principles and laws of physics. I shouldn't try to understand it. I wonder if they can use magic to find me, even though I'm immune. What if I'm like a shadow, like if they cast a huge spell to effect everything and I'm the one thing immune, couldn't they find me? Like light missing a spot... a shadow?

"You know you shouldn't be so near the window. You could get seen." I turned to see Lyra standing there with a look of concern.

"Right. Your right." I got up and away from the window while Riley did the same. "So what was that about?" I asked.

"Oh I was just explaining what will be going on. She thought you might be controlling me but I dismissed that idea." She explained.

Lyra jumped up on her bed and patted the spot beside her which I went and occupied. "What were you thinking about, you looked lost in thought." She asked.

"Oh, nothing really. Just admiring the night sky. Where I come from, most artificial light blocks out the stars. So it's nice to see such a clear sky." I explained.

"You have that much light? Why do you need so much?"
I chuckled. "Well a city hosts thousands of humans, like a lot. So we need a lot of light to see. Like houses, apartments, hospitals, airports, stadiums and whatever. If it's a building it has light." I said.

"Wow, how many humans are there?"
"Around 7 billion."
'Holy! that many. I don't know exactly how many ponies there are but definitely not 7 billion!"

"Yup there's lots of us." I said. As we sat there in silence for a bit.

"I think I know who can help." Lyra said breaking the silence.
"Who?"
"Princess Celestia. She should be more accepting. She should if any pony know how to get you home." She said.

"Yeah! That might work! But how would we get to her? I'm being hunted!" I asked.

"Right. Well. We would have to be sneaky but I think I could get us there. I'v - oh" She said all of a sudden gripping her horn.
"What's wrong?" I said turning to her.

"My horn feels weird and I got a real bad headache now."
"Need me to get anything?" I said getting up.
"No, no it'll pass. It's already going away." She said rubbing her head.

"But I feel very tired all of a sudden. I think I need to lay down." She said laying down on her bed.

She then tucked herself in. She was cute when she was sleepy.

"Where do I sleep?" I asked looking around the room for a spot to rest.

"Right here." She said turning over and lifting the blanket away for me to get in. I felt my face heat up and heart race a little. Am I actually going to cuddle with a my little pony!? I could feel my brony... ness surface as my secret desire to snuggle with a pony was granted.


I cuddled with her earlier but that was different, she was stressed,now it is for comfort. I didn't even argue or anything like it would have happened in the fanfics. I jumped right in and held her tight to me. I could feel her taken by surprise but loosen up and sigh in relief.

"Your warm." She said cuddling into my chest. "Your not bad either." I said taking in the feeling of her soft fur. I didn't exactly want to fall asleep, I wanted to savior the moment. But Lyra had already passed out.

I felt the bed move a bit as Riley got cozy at the foot of the bed. I felt my body rest and my mind draw blank as it set up for sleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the Riley licking my ear. He must need to be taken out. How am I suppose to do that? What if I get seen if I try. Maybe I can just send Riley out, dogs are normal here.

I looked at Lyra who was snuggled into my chest. She was snoring peacefully but slightly drooling onto my arm that layed under her,

Riley made a little whimper noise and I reluctantly got up. Lyra not even waking up. "Alright, come on Riley." I said just above a whisper. I walked him to the door and let him out. He went off and did his business and came back.

"Lyra still not up?" I heard Bon say behind me. I turned to see her sitting down in a chair with some toast.

"No, not yet."
"Weird. She's usually the early bird and a light sleeper." She said picking up a news paper.

"I don't know. She had a headache last night so maybe it made her sleep better." I shrugged.

Then I glanced at the paper Bon was reading and saw an interesting topic on the front page.

"Wow. Sam, you've made the front page." She said showing me the page.

'Dangerous Creature Attacks the Elements of Harmony.' Read the title of the article.

"I never attacked them, Applejack attacked Riley if anything! I was just trying to explain myself."
"Well you left quite a first impression."

'Witnesses say the creature is about 7 hooves tall, has no fur except for the top of his head, wears clothes and looks like a giant money with no tail.'

"You got to be careful. Lyra told me your hiding out here, but you promised if something happens that she would get in serious trouble for you would give yourself up and leave no trace of her... or me." She said.

"I know, if I have to I'll hold true to that word. And I'm only hiding out here for so long, I'm going to see is Princess Celestia can help me."

Bon rolled her eyes. "Good luck with that. Just don't take Lyra with you."

I felt a little guilty. If she does come she will be in danger. Maybe me and Riley should only go. But she won't listen to that, she'll go no matter what.

Then I noticed Bon looking at me suspiciously. I sighed. "I'll talk to her."
She nodded.

Then I rethought my theory. Maybe Bon will know anything about it.

"Hey Bon Bon. How well do you know magic?" I asked. She thought for a moment.
"Okay I guess, from Lyra telling me some stuff. But I'm no expert."
"Well answer this as best you can." She nodded.
"Okay. What would happen if Twilight used a wide range spell that did something to everypony, nothing big, but something and when it didn't effect me they would know where the lack of magic would be. Like a shadow. Is that possible?" I asked.

"Like a shadow?" She asked.
"Ya, you know like how when you flash light everywhere but here's one thing it can't go through you would get a shadow and then you would know where the object creating it would be." I explained.

"So your saying your like the shadow. A shadow of magic?" She asked.
"Ya. That's the best I got for explaining it."

She thought for a moment. Before she could respond Lyra interrupted.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked with sleep still in her voice.

"Finally your awake." Bon said.

"I heard Sam explaining something. What were you saying?" Lyra asked.

"I was asking if a unicorn used a wide range spell that effected everything and I would be the one thing it didn't effect, would they be able to locate me?" I replied. Lyra thought for a moment.

"Like a shadow?"

"Yes, exactly!" I answered happy that she had the same connection.

Lyra thought for a while. Riley whimpered at me. "Again?"

I went over and opened the door to let him out but then noticed activity next door. I could see guards in the neighbors house through the window visible.

There were no doubt more guards, and they must be going door to door. I quickly grabbed Riley ad pulled him back and closed the door.

"Actually I think that may work. But are you suggesting your a shadow... of magic?" Lyra asked.

"Yes. But who cares anymore. I saw guards outside patrolling, looking for me no doubt and I think they might-" I was interrupted by a knock at the door.

Too late.

Comments ( 4 )

Hope the next chapter comes soon

When's the next chapter coming

Greatly sorry for the lack of attention. My internet has been out for months! I will have to catch up on the lost time!
5509005

Login or register to comment