• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 1,045 Views, 24 Comments

A Human's Guide To Equestria - Hidden_Blade_Attack



Samual Cronan is a brony with fantasies of seeing Equestria, so what happens when him and his dog is transported there, well not what he expected.

  • ...
13
 24
 1,045

Free Health Care!

BonBon was freaked out at the sight of me. I am rather threatening looking I guess. I'm at least a foot taller than them and I look very different.

"Oh, hi Bon. This is Sam, he's a human!" Lyra said introducing me. She was acting like it was normal to bring a creature from a different dimension home.

"But-ah-er, I thought hoomans weren't real." The astonished mare sputtered out, I decided to stay quiet.

"Well, I wouldn't want to say I told you so but, I told you so!" She exclaimed. "B-b-b, oh Celestia!" And with that she fainted. I looked over to Lyra who had a huge grin on her face.

'Neh, whatever, she'll be more willing to except your existence when she wakes, now help me get her to the couch." I went over and lifted her myself, she was pretty light, or I was still getting use to my super strength!

"Wow, your pretty strong!" Lyra watched me in minor amazement as I lifted Bon over to the couch and layed her down. "I know, I seem to have gained abnormal strength ever since I got here."

"That's pretty awesome!" She said. I looked over at Bon with concern. I hope this doesn't cause anything too bad. I'd hate to ruin anything here in Equestria but I think that may be too late. Riley went over and sat near the couch watching Bon as if expecting a surprise attack.

"Anyways, I should help you with the cut." She said causing me to look at my beat up ankle. "It doesn't hurt or anything."

"But it could get infected or maybe it is actually really serious! I just don't want the only human in Equestria to die!"

Those words hit me harder than you would think. No humans in this whole world, I am literally alone, super isolated from anything remotely human. It kind of freaked me out.

"Are you sure there hasn't been any humans here, ever." I asked. Lyra walked over to me with a rag and water floating from magic.

"Not that I'v ever known of from my research. But I suspect that Celestia is hiding something." Lyra said, but once she got to close to me her magic dissipated and the pale of water fell to the ground luckily not spilling, along with the rag.

"Ow! What the?" Lyra said rubbing her horn in pain. "Sorry Lyra. It's like I have an anti magic field around me." I explained.

I went over and picked up the water and rag and put them on a coffee table and sat in a chair.

"It's fine. No dream come true is perfect." Lyra said. I hope my anti magic thing didn't have any long term effects or something.

"Although it is odd, nothing in Equestrian history has ever been 100% immune to magic." Lyra said walking over to me and picking up her items. "Although I don't think we get many visitors from other dimensions." She added getting the cloth wet.

"Pass me your foot please." I did so she managed to grab it to hold still. I still have no idea how they can utilize their hooves so well, they're practically hands!

"I'm still super thankful your so willing to help ME!" I yelled at the end as she put the wet cloth to my wound. She jolted her hoof back.

"What are you allergic to water?" She asked with actual seriousness. "I should hope not, my body is 75% of it. It just stings." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't be such a foal, it's just water." She said moving her hoof back to my ankle, I clenched my teeth and prepared for the sting. Maybe I am being babyish but it friggen stings! It is a freakin hole in my leg.

I felt the same stinging feeling as she pressed the rag to my wound. "Hey! Easy!" I said trying to not to kick her and run. I have no idea why I would do that. Is that a reflex or something? If it is that would make a great excuse in certain situations!

"I need to clean it! It's like you were rolling around in mud and then jumped in a heap of trash!" She said scrubbing my ankle. I bit my tongue in attempt not to swear, luckily the more the water was there the less it hurt.

"There. But if that stung this will for certainly sting," She said getting out a bottle of something. I think it's some kind of medical stuff that does... stuff. I never bothered to ask what it was, I just let my mom put it on my cuts and try not to scream like I'm being tortured.

"Oh crap, just do it quickly." I said. I didn't even look, the next thing I knew is I felt the horrible sting and I held my breath so I couldn't do anything, finally I felt her hoof leave the spot.

"Holy fudge nuggets! That mother truckin hurt like... nether!" I don't even know, I was just dodging cusses, I am pretty sure that isn't aloud in a world of a girl's show!

Lyra just giggled at my interesting choice of words as I calmed down. "Does that mean something in your world?" She asked.

"Heh, no, it doesn't make any sense, anywhere." I replied. She giggled again. "Now I just need to bandage it up and we're done." She said as she got out a rather big bandage. I started letting my mind wander as she began bandaging my wound.

"What happens if the anchorites find out that your helping me?" I couldn't imagine any real punishment in a land of ponies but you never know.

I saw her frown. "Well, it depends how much your wanted I guess. But I'm guessing you'll probably be taken from me and I would be fined or something."

Not as bad as back home. I saw her expression sadden. "But they will never find out! Your too special. It'll be all okay, and we can live happily ever after and be awesome friends and learn all about our different worlds." She said as if trying to trick herself. I think we both knew that would be very hard and almost impossible.

They seemed to really want me and I know they won't stop searching. Also, I want to go home. Sure it would be awesome to live here and maybe it would all work out... but I am already starting to miss my old life. But what did happen? How am I here, could Lyra's theory be right? Am I just a thing that got pulled through dimensions.

"Lyra, do you think there is any way back?" I asked. She paused and looked at the floor.

"I really wouldn't know. But why would you go back. It can be fine here. We can sort this out and it'll be all fine." She looked at me and gave a smile.

We jumped when Riley barked. I looked over to him and as if he understood what we were talking about he gave me a stern expression. He then walked over and sat down beside my chair.

"Lyra, I would like to go home. You got to understand, right?" I told her. She stood up and looked at me and nodded.
"Okay, your right. You should go back, it's where you belong. I will help you anyway I can." She said.

"Thanks. We can still have fun along the way and learn about each other's worlds." I reassured her. She smiled. "I'd like that."

She had a thoughtful expression her face before saying "I think I need to stick it to Bon so she knows not to tell anypony else."

I nodded. "This isn't going to be easy." It never is in the fanfics. And they seem to be true 50% of the time. "I'm up for the challenge." She said.

Then she went up to me and hugged me. She hugged me pretty tight, she must be scared that I might randomly disappear or something.

I hugged her back. "Don't worry I won't let them find you." She whispered in my ear. I noticed Riley eyeing her. "And what about BonBon?"

"I'll take care of that." She replied. Giving me one last squeeze before breaking the hug. I'm not use to how... affectionate ponies are.

Then she had a mischievous smile. "You know, that wasn't the only wound you have." She said scanning my body.

I then realized what she meant.

"Fuuuuu-!"