• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 693 Views, 3 Comments

Blur - UnderCover



Being raised by earth ponies, Star's Blur never had much interest in flying, but now has doubts...

  • ...
 3
 693

The Dawn

Star's Blur, shortly known as Star, fanned her wings in a gesture of concentration. She was drawing dresses to give to Rarity, her older cousin, so that she could have some inspiration in making dresses for the Gala. The Gala was forever away it seemed to Star, but her fellow fashionista loved finishing beforehand and having everything ready.

"Huh," she sighed and kicked off her high heels as she drew. They were old ones, but good ones, shoes that she had used in quite a few pageants before. Her passion was in the dress - starring in shows, creating dresses, and modeling - and she was one of the more popular ponies on speed dial. She knew it was a hobby and occupation that earth ponies and unicorns usually indulged in, and she rarely saw another pegasus intrigued by the art. Star considered herself a special case though, seeing as she was raised under the loving eyes of two earth ponies, Strawberry and Pumpkin Patch. They hadn't the foggiest notion of her past, but Star seldom dwelled on that fact. It was they who had loved her and pushed her down the path of fashion. Even her cutie mark was wrapped around her love of finer points of clothing. 'A star, like the star of the show.' She remembered her mother lovingly saying those words.

"Star!" her mother's voice broke Star's nap. She glanced down in bewilderment and saw her notebook with the Gala dresses in it. She smiled slightly at herself when she realized she had fallen asleep in the middle of a dress. Her mother called again and Star hastily jotted down the finishing touches of the ensamble. She put on some more realistic clothes (She had fallen asleep in her modeling dress) and combed out her bedhead into her gloriously cascading mane. She was garbed in a simple gray sweater that accented her coat beautifully.

"Sigh," she said quite literally, "I bet I have at least three more photo shoots today." Time off was a thing scoffed at by her - she could barely comprehend the words. It was a constant rush to and from pageants and shoots. Honestly, her whole proffesion could be defined by the simple word 'tiring.'

When she got downstairs, Star could tell instantly that something was slightly amiss. Her parents were standing next to each other, overly large grins plastered on their muzzles. Her mothers ears were straight up and without their usual flop. "What is it?" she asked lightly. Her father started.

"Well sweetie -"

"We decided that you've been working to hard, and therefore have cleared this whole week for you to have fun and relax!" her mom butted in excitedly. Star's mouth was hung open and she was frozen in place.

"A WHOLE WEEK OF FREE TIME?!?!?!?!?! OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" she squealed. She jumped up and down in an unmarelylike fashion, waving her hooves about girlishly. She was gushing inside over the huge vacation. Her parents always gave her three days of complete freedom once, sometimes twice a month. Now, she guessed they had seen how tired she was and felt the need to give her this miraculous gift. Her good old parents never made her work any harder than she wanted, and would give her as much time off as she asked for, if she needed it, and for that she was thankful. She was a hardworking pegasus though, and tended to be the one accepting three or four shoots/pageants a day. She couldn't believe that they had given her a whole week to herself, and they weren't even going anywhere! She had, in her eyes, all the time she could need to have some time to truly enjoy herself around Ponyville now, all because of her beloved mother and father.

Star stepped out onto her porch, and knew in a moment that the sweater she wore would be solely for looks. It was a pristine morning, still only nine, even after a photo shoot. She decided to embrace her pegasus side and took off for a lazy fly into the clouds above Ponyville. She flew for a few minutes before seeing another pony - strange, she thought, for a marvelous day like this. That pony happened to be Rainbow Dash, one of Rarity's best friends. They had met once, and Star found that she liked this cyan pony, even if she did make a few puns about her being a fashionista like her cousin. "Morning Rainbow Dash," she called to the pony lying lazily on a cumulus cloud. She glanced up nonchalantly, acknowledging the purple filly that landed next to her.

"Hey... Star, right? Yeah. What's a fashion filly like yourself doing flying on a Monday? I'd think a pony held in such, high respect, would be prancing in front of a camera today!" she said with a playful smile. Star rolled her eyes, but took no offense from the good natured joke.

"And wouldn't a top speed racer like yourself be beating people left and right in races instead of napping with their widdle teddy bear?" she tossed back a comeback with ease.

"Oh yeah, you wanna race? I'd beat you in a race with ease! I bet a pretty prancer like you hasn't flown in at least a year! This'll be a peice o' cake!" she said, taking the pun the wrong way.

"Well, uh Rainbow Dash I don't really want to -"

"Tomorrow at noon. Be there or be square!" the colorful pony called after her as she sped away. Star sighed, she didn't have any interest in racing, but she might as well participate for the fun of it.

She spent the rest of the day flying from place to place, stretching her wings out for the upcoming race and having a good time by herself. She didn't care to invite her friends to join her; she wanted to be totally free to make her own descisions today, even if it were something small like wheter or not to go to the orchard or Sugar Cube Corner next. It felt good being all by herself for the time being, and she even stole away to the woods to practice for the race. Even if Rainbow Dash was the best flyer in Ponyville, she still wanted to put up an effort, and maybe even come close to tying or something better than utter failure. She smiled and continued flying.

Comments ( 3 )

Hmm, interesting idea. I look forward to more.

425543
Thanks. It's not amounting to much though. I expected a few more veiws than this, but maybe the whole "Fashionista" concept is throwing ponies off.

this story has soo much potential.

Login or register to comment