• Published 14th May 2014
  • 254 Views, 0 Comments

Fire - sworddemonboggle



One pony seems to bring the end of everything

  • ...
 0
 254

Fire (Incomplete)

Fire. Flames all around me as I breathe in the toxic smoke. Everything is aflame or has already been burnt to the ground. Ponies all around me, either dead or dying. Mercilessly slaughtered, those who tried to stop it and those trying to run away. I walk through the town, whose name I can’t recall. In the distance I can see a mountain with a large palace on built onto the side of it, but that’s not the direction I’m going. I walk by another large pile of ashes, nothing special about it until I notice something glittering in the firelight. I pick it up with my hoof and examine it closer. A red, heart-shaped gem. It’s actually very pretty. It would look good if worn as a necklace. I toss the jewel aside and continue walking towards my destination.
I make my way to a train station towards the edge of the town. Unsurprisingly, the station itself is no longer there. I have no need for a train myself, since I would much rather like to walk and see what has become of the rest of the land. I begin walking away from the mountain that houses the rulers of this land. I plan on saving their demise for last.

I follow the tracks through a forest of fire. I can hear the crackling of both the flames and the trees as they fall. Animals run away, both to and away from me, probably hoping to seek shelter in the town I was just in or escape to whatever lay beyond the forest. I can make out a shape that seems to be trying to help all the creatures. A pegasus, with yellow fur, a pink mane and tail. It seems she’s trying to herd the animals in the direction I’m walking. I stop, curious to see what she’s doing. She looks as if she’s trying to calm them, with a couple animals stopping and looking at her. I walk a little closer, hoping to sidle past her and continue on my way. I now notice a white rabbit in the middle of the tide of animals, waving his arms and motioning the same way as the pegasus. There’s a sharp cracking sound as a large tree starts leaning towards the rabbit. The animals all scatter in different directions, with the rabbit running towards the pegasus. Sadly it didn't make it in time. With a large thud, the tree crushed the rabbit, the crunching of the trees branches much louder than the crunching of its bones. As the tree fell, the pegasus realized what was happening and quickly tried to fly towards the rabbit and pick him up, but couldn't make it, and instead got thrown into the forest of flames. She screamed fiercely, no doubt in great amounts of pain. I feel slightly empathetic towards her. She was trying to help the poor, defenseless little animals. Her screams of pain only lasted a short while as I can only imagine how the fire incinerates her fur and burns her skin to a charcoal like texture. I look over to where the rabbit was crushed and see a pool of blood form. At least it died quickly and not painfully like the yellow pegasus. I look upon the scene with a sad, partly amused smile. Unfortunately I can’t stay and admire the site, for there are more places I must go.

As I cross over a bridge I can see what looks like another town in the distance, with smoke coming from the center. Walking towards it I see what looks like a herd of buffalo running towards it. As I enter the town the first thing I notice is all the apples. They appear scattered throughout the town, seemingly from all the knocked over baskets. Both ponies and buffalo work together in their useless attempt to save the town. All they’re doing is wasting water. As if in response to this, the flames grow larger, spreading farther and more quickly through the town. Ponies are running out of houses, some trying to aid in saving the town, others just trying to escape. Ponies show their true colors when push comes to shove. A pony is yelling, something about her filly being trapped in a building. A mare with orange fur and a blonde mane in a ponytail quickly runs into the building, much to the dismay of a pony with yellow fur, similar to that of the pony in the forest, and wearing a cowboy hat and vest. That mare is quite brave. I walk closer, intrigued as to how things will turn out. The fire from a connecting building quickly spreads to this one, soon covering the entire building. I turn away already knowing how things will turn out. As if on cue, there’s the sound of wood creaking, accompanied by the yells and screams of the crowd. All at once a loud crash sound off, taking with it the building next to it and continuing down the line of buildings, in an amusing domino effect. Everything goes eerily quiet, save for the crackling of the flames. All around ponies and buffalo stand still, jaws open staring at what I can only assume is years of hard labor, be reduced to rubble in a matter of seconds. Behind all the rubble, it’s visible to see that the entire skyline is nothing but black and orange. I watch that the pony in the vest removes his hat, placing it on the ground. He looks at the crowd and drops his head, as if confirming what they were all thinking. All is lost.

I look on towards the mountain and decide to cut through a section of forest not yet consumed in the flames. I leave the desert and town behind, walking into the woods, pushing branches and leaves out of my way. as i walk through the forest, I come across some ruins, covered in overgrowth.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment