• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 507 Views, 1 Comments

The City where the Night Lasted Forever - type13



Join 4 heroes from different worlds, as they help Discord and the Main 6 defend Equestria from the evil army of Nightmare Moon and her Champions

  • ...
3
 1
 507

In the Dark: Chapter 1

Deep within the Dark Castle in the far reaches of the Banished Zone. One of the Champions of the Forever Night: Jecht; wondered the Castle Hallways as he lazy dragged his huge broadsword along the cobblestone floor.

As Changelings and Shadow Ponies alike greeted their ‘General’ with a salute, Jecht himself dismissed each and every one of them lazily. To him, the thought of having an army at his beck and call was a little jarring and pointless, because the only reason he accepted the True Queen of the Night’s (as she calls herself) offer was so that he could battle one of his Best friends, never even asking any question, the very idea of battling Auron and facing him in a heated battle made Jecht’s blood boil in anticipation.

But that will have to wait, whether fighting for the side of Chaos or fighting for the side of the Eternal Night, Jecht didn’t care; he just wanted to have fun. But all this waiting is getting to his nerves, only having a taste of battling Auron when he was ordered to assist Chrysalis was not enough for the once Ace of the Zanarkand Abes, and it’s driving him crazy.


“GOD friggin’ damn it!” Jecht shouted as he let out his frustration with a mighty roar. With every guard cowering in fear with the mere burst of Jecht’s voice that echoed throughout the very wide halls of the Castle.

“Atleast give me something to do! I’m a very patient man, but this is getting ridiculous!” added Jecht as he screamed to no one in particular.

And as if his wish was heard by an almighty being, a black magic-like aura swirled just a few feet from him. As the Swirling black-aura compressed and expanded, a form of a man started to take shape, and as swirling stopped and the aura disappearing. A man, who was atleast 6 feet tall and wore black clothing and a mask, lay on the floor.

Jecht was curious of what to do next, it then hit him. This was the guy he saw earlier at the Throne Room, the one that battled the so called ‘VECTOR’, though he didn’t stay long enough to watch how the battle ended, one thing is certain; this man lost.

“You ok there buddy?” asked Jecht as he approached the man that lay on the floor, trying to remember his name. And with a brain fart, he remembered; the man called Mr. DEATH, a man, named HUNK.


Without replying to Jecht’s question, HUNK tried to stand up using every ounce of strength he has left and trying to recover using the forbidden black Alicorn magic he acquired from King Sombra. Upon reaching HUNK, Jecht squatted to eye level of HUNK and looked at him closely.

“Hey buddy, you ok there?” asked Jecht the second time, and like the first time, HUNK did not answer. The only sounds Jecht could hear were grunts.

“Where am I?” asked HUNK finally as he kneeled on all fours trying to catch his breath.

“Welcome to the Banished Zone, buddy. This place is where you’ll end up if the Elements of Harmony deems you ‘Evil’. C’mon let me help you up, yah need to go to meet the Queen” replied Jecht, as he was about to grab the arm of HUNK and help him up, HUNK swatted Jecht’s hand and stood by himself.

“Queen? I don’t think so, I don’t take orders from just anyone” replied HUNK as he stood on his full height, seemingly recovered from his ‘Injuries’.

“Yah don’t get it, do you bud? If the Queen hadn’t interjected when the light of the Elements of Harmony hit you, your sorry ass would have turned to stone” said Jecht as he stood from his crouching position to his full height and eyed HUNK.

“I could care ----“

HUNK was not able to finish his sentence as he blocked an incoming fist from Jecht with a cross-arm block. Skidding a few feet from the sheer power of the punch that Jecht threw, HUNK was surprised with the sheer power that he blocked.

“We can do this the hard way or --- “

Jecht also was not able to finish his sentence as HUNK teleported just above him and delivering a ‘Mustang Kick’ to his side. But Jecht was able to block it with his sword just in time, but he skidded just as far as HUNK did.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way” replied HUNK as a black aura covered his whole body and assumed a CQC stance.

“Bless the Shoopuff! I was getting booooooooooored!” replied Jecht as he practically dashed towards HUNK with his Fists hardened and a smile on his face.


As the approaching Jecht swung his left fist and aimed it at HUNK’s face, HUNK simply ducked with his whole body grabbing Jecht by the waist and shifted his position to Jecht’s back and slid his arms upwards and went for a full nelson lock.

Noticing his opponent’s position, Jecht head-butted HUNK with the back of his head and grabbed the back of his head and threw him overhead upwards. Whilst in Mid-air, Jecht followed it up by a spiral jump.


“I call this move: the Jecht shot Mk. II” said Jecht as he stopped just above the mid-air HUNK and kicking him in the side of his body with enough force and combined fire magic that probably cracked a few ribs.



Like a huge fireball, HUNK crash landed on the cobblestone floor with enough impact that caused the whole floor to tremble and emit smoke from the crash zone.


Landing just a few feet from the smoking crater, Jecht started to approach through the smoke when he noticed a black blur and two red insect-like eyes appear just a few inches infront of him. Caught off guard for a split second, HUNK retaliated with an open palm uppercut to the jaw of Jecht raising him afloat for a few inches with the sheer force of the attack.


He then followed suit with two hard punches to his kidney and a knee to the gut that doubled Jecht over. HUNK then proceeded to grab Jecht’s head and kneed his face in, sending Jecht a few feet away.


Jecht then recovered as his body was about to hit the floor and grabbed the floor with one hand and flipping his whole body upright. Jecht; with a bloody face, looked at HUNK with a grin plastered in his face.


HUNK has to admit, he was enjoying this little ‘fight-for-his-life’ he was having. But taking this guy out might take every ounce of power and strategy he has. Even still, he wasn’t the type to complain.


And as both combatants was about to continue their fight, with HUNK unsheathing his combat knife and a black aura covering the whole blade. Jecht hardening the grip on his blade making it glow an eerie orange. A booming sound snapped the two combatants from their reverie.



ENOUGH!!



As the two looked at the source of the loud noise, the first thing they saw was the void-like darkness coming down the stairs just beside them; it then covered the whole floor itself in mere seconds. And as the whole room replicated the darkness of space, complete with what little light the small stars could make. A feminine voice spoke.


”STOP THIS MEANINGLESS BATTLE!” boomed the voice as two reptilian-like slits of eyes appeared and stared at the two warriors.


“Well, look who finally came out of her little throne room, The Queen herself” replied Jecht mockingly as he face the two menacing eyes.

“Sir Jecht, I have told thee to behave!” scolded the female voice.


“Not my fault, he was the one who attacked me first, I was about to lead the guy to you when he TRIED to take me out, right buddy?” replied Jecht with a shrug.

“So you’re the so called ‘Queen’ of this place” asked HUNK.


”Where are my manners! Let me introduce myself” the voice replied in a mocking tone as the two eyes closed and the space-like room started to disappear.


And as the whole floor returned to its original state and form, the void-like darkness gathered atop the stairs and started to form an unusual shape. After a few moments the void-like darkness sprung fort bat-like wings, four long legs and a horn. It then proceeded to descend the stairs, and upon reaching the floor itself the two reptilian eyes reappeared together with a sharp toothy smile and its natural form. The form of an Alicorn.


”Hail, Sir Hunk. I am the Queen of the Night, My name is….”

Nightmare Moon