• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 2,891 Views, 179 Comments

Lovebirds - raritypie



What will happen when Cheese and Pinkie throw another party together? Will sparks fly or will it be an utter disaster?

  • ...
5
 179
 2,891

Lunch with Friends

Cheese began the long walk back to town. He let me sit on his back to protect me from further harm. I sang songs to keep both of our spirits up.

"Okay Pinkie! Which way now?"

"Take a left at the giant oak tree and continue west. We should be there soon."

"Great. I'm getting really hungry though..."

"We could go to Hay Burger! It's nearby and its one of my favorite restaurants."

"Okey Doke! Let's go."

As I sat on Cheese's back, I started to wonder about the wedding we were planning. What else did they like besides apples and sweets? Did they have any ideas for wedding? "

"Hey Cheesy! Can you tell me more about the couple and their plans for the wedding?"

"Sure! They can't decide between a large wedding and or a small simple one"

"Hmm...which type do you think is better?"

"I can't really say. I've never been married or even thrown a wedding party. I think I'd like a large one. What do you think?"

"I would like a large one too! With streamers and balloons and a DJ! It would be so fun."

"It totally would. I would be the host to yours."

"Really? It already sounds awesome since you're planning it."

I giggled at the thought of a wedding. As much fun as it sounds, I'm not ready for it yet. Maybe within a few years.

"Hey we're here!"

We arrived at the Hay Burger and Cheese ran inside. He sat me in a booth.

"Here Pinkie you rest here. I'll order for us. What would like?"

"Anything is fine. Thanks Cheesy."

"No probs Pinkie!" Cheese walked away from out booth and stood in line to order.

I slouched in the booth. "Geez this really hurts. I guess I should be more careful." I tried to massage my ankle and saw Fluttershy and Twilight walk into the restaurant.

"Hey Flutters! Hey Twily!"

"Hey Pinkie! We were just going to eat. Wanna sit with us?" Asked Twilight.

"I would love to but no. I'm here with Cheese. You can pull up some chairs if you'd like."

Twilight levitated two chairs to the booth and they sat.

"Cheese?"

Fluttershy realized who I was with and tapped Twilight on her shoulder and pointed to the line.

"Remember him Twilight? From the birth-iversary bash?"

"Oh of course Cheese Sandwich! Why is he in town?"

"He needs help planning a party so we're working together."

" I see. Is anything else happening?..."

"Nope! Just a party! Hehehe." I chuckled nervously.

"Okay then. I'm going to order now. Fluttershy what would you like?"

"I guess I'll have Hay Fries."

Twilight approached the line which was much longer than when I last looked at it. Cheese had already order and waited in the Pick Up line.

"So, Pinkie how are you and Cheese doing? With the party I mean."

"It's going well. There's just some things we'll have to work out before next week."

"What's next week?"

"He wants me to go to Manehattan with him so I can meet the couple and finish planning."

"Awww that sounds fun. How's everything been with you two? Have you confessed?"

"It's been nice. I really wanna tell him soon. He's special! He's gorgeous and talented! He makes me wanna throw even better parties than before! I think everything will be so much better when I tell him. Like a gazillion times better."

"Awww Pinkie! That's so romantic. I'm happy for you."

"I hurt myself this morning on the way to Sweet Apple Acres. He carried me. To the farm and back to Ponyville."

"Awww Pinkie! I hope you're okay."

"I feel so much better. Cheesy is so helpful and kind."

A few minutes later, Cheese returned to the table with many trays of food.

"Okay Pinkie! I got us the super duper awesome burger special! There's 26 burgers all with different flavors!"

Fluttershy gave a terrified look as she stared at the piles of burgers. She whispered into my ear.

"I'll leave you two to eat that. I'll be with Twilight."

"Okey Doke! I'll see you later! Remember the promise!"

Fluttershy put her hoof over her eye and stood next to Twilight in the Pick up line."

"Who was that?" Cheese asked.

"One of my best friends. Come on Cheesy let's eat!"

We began to eat the burgers. I wasn't as hungry as Cheese was but he had to be starving. He ate twenty three of the burgers and I only had three.

"That was so good! I'm stuffed. Who knew there were so many flavors of burgers?" Cheese pat his belly. I thought it was funny. His protruding stomach, and his pleased look on his face. It was weirdly cute.

"Hehehe! Yeah who knew..."

"That's why I love traveling Equestria. Finding these hidden gems makes the whole trip worthwhile and meeting new friends."

"Like who?"

"I would have never met you if I never came to Ponyville. I would have never gotten my cutie mark and I wouldn't have even met you. I am eternally grateful that I met you and we have the chance to work together once more."

"Cheesy..." I began to tear up. I know I have changed ponies lives before but my life hasn't had a huge impact on someone else's being... It was really heart warming to know that he felt that way.

"Pinkie don't cry. I'm just really happy I saw you again"

" I am too Cheesy. I am too."

Cheesy outstretched his hoof, and held onto it.

I kissed him on the cheek. He blushed and turned tomato red. He was speechless.

I giggled. It's getting a little late. Can you take me to SugarCube corner?

"U-Uh yes of course! Get onto my back and we'll leave. Cheese was still stunned by my kiss. His face now a lighter shade of red, he let me onto his back.

He walked out of the restaurant and proceeded to Sugar Cube Corner. I looked around Ponyville. Not a single pony was out. Actually not a single creature was out. It was only dusk,where was everypony?

"Isn't it nice this evening Cheesy?"

"It is very beautiful."

Cheese approached the stairs if SugarCube corner and I got off of him.

Good Night Cheesy. Dream pleasant dreams.

"You too Pinkie."

Cheese came up the stairs, and kissed me on my cheek and I blushed.

We waved until we couldn't see each other. I limped into the dining area where I found Mrs.Cake by the door.

"So he's just a friend..."

"Yeah!"

"It didn't look like he was "just a friend " "

"I guess..."

"I'm happy for you Pinkie. It's nice to have someone to love."

"It really is isn't it?"