• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 2,891 Views, 179 Comments

Lovebirds - raritypie



What will happen when Cheese and Pinkie throw another party together? Will sparks fly or will it be an utter disaster?

  • ...
5
 179
 2,891

Apologies

I leaned on Cheese's shoulder.

"Cheesy. What are we going to do?"

"...."

"...Are you mad?"

"Just a little frustrated. That's all."

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

"I'm going to go to Magnolia to see if I can fix things. I'll be back."

"Okay Cheese."

Cheese left the seat and I looked out the window. It was late afternoon and were passing Appleloosa. I remembered that Applejack attended to business there a few days ago and we saw her at the train station. I wonder what she did?

Cherry bounced out of my mane and into my lap. She was oblivious to most of today's events. She nearly died and was the cause of an argument. How can something so cute and innocent cause so much trouble? I began to speak to her.

"Cherry...you're so lucky. You have no idea what's going on. You're just a baby after all..."

"Mew?"

"Hehe.Yes. A cute little baby. You're mischievous. You've caused a lot of trouble today missy."

"Mew!"

"It's okay. I forgive you. I hope Cheese and Maggie does too. I can't say for Starstruck either."

"Mew."

"Yeah he's a big meanie."

"Mew."

Cheese came back and Maggie was right behind him.

"Pinkie. Magnolia would like to speak to you."

"I don't mind."

"Pinkie... I don't know what harsh words Starry said to you but I hope you can still be our planner."

"...."

"Will you accept their apology Pinkie?"

"...Sorry but no."

"Why?!"they both screamed.

"I need him to apologize. I appreciate your meditation but if he's too stubborn to apologize then I won't either."

"......."


"......"


"All I did was try to cheer him up and he lashes out at me..."

"...Pinkie. Please get over your pride and apologize! He'll apologize back. This stress is not good for me at the moment."

"You're stressing him out too! You've been acting weird and he wants to know why! We all to know why!"

"........"

".....Are you going to tell us?!"

Magnolia walked back to her seat.

"Pinkie. You didn't have to do that."

"..."

"She only wanted to help. Now you have to apologize to both of them."

"I'm sorry Cheese..."

".........It's okay..... I'm going to the dining car would you like anything?"

"Not really."

Cheese walked off to the dining car.

Now I have to apologize to six ponies today. An life record for me. I don't think I've ever made that many ponies mad at me.

I decided to nap and hoped that everything would be okay when I would wake up. I dreamt that I was back at the Pie Rock Farm back when I was a filly. The skies and days were dreary and boring. We didn't know what fun was. I enjoyed life on the farm it was nice and simple. However this dream was different than my memories. It was bright and lively. Livestock helped move the rocks and my sisters smiled at the rainbows that filled the sky. My parents were proud of the farm and our hard work. What did this dream mean?

I woke up and saw that the sun was setting. It was about 6:30. We were almost to Ponyville. I looked around and I couldn't find Cheese. Where did he go?

I went to the dining car and found him with Magnolia.

"Uh..Hey guys."

"Hey Pinkie."

"I wanted to apologize for being rude to you earlier. It was wrong of me."

"It's fine really. Thanks to you I realized that I had to tell Starry."

"What happened?"

"He took it well."

I still want to know what "it" is.

"Come and sit Pinkie."

"You should eat something Pinkie. You haven't eaten since this morning."

Cheese was right. I haven't eaten in a while...

I sat down next to Cheese and ordered a plate of hay fries.

"What happened when I was asleep?"

"Nothing much."

"As I said before I talked to Star."

"And? Can you please tell me?"

"Not yet. I'll be willing to tell after the wedding or after the honeymoon."

"Awwwww...." "Do you know where you're going for it?"

"Hm...... We're going to Trottingham to visit some relatives and tour a little. The real honeymoon will be in the Crystal Empire. It'll still be fun though."

"Definitely."

"Hey, I have to go check on Star I'll see you both when we depart."

"See you then!"

Magnolia walked out of the dining car and left Cheese and I.

"You're still going to help me aren't you?"

"Of course! Why would you think that?"

"Magnolia and I were talking about it when you were asleep. You are right you technically aren't the designated planner but you are assisting me... So your decision impacts me as well."

"Yeah..."

"Don't make bold moves like that. I know Starstruck was being out of line and I confronted him about his actions. You should be more careful though."

"What did you say to him?"

"To put it nicely, He couldn't speak to you or Cherry in such a rude manner. Also if you wanted to stop planning, I would quit."

I was surprised. I didn't expect him to protect me or stop the party over something like this. I don't think I can recall a planner ever stopping a party.

"You'd do that?"

"Of course. We're a team right? It's both of us or none of us."

I was on the verge of tears. I went to hug him as a sign of my gratitude.

"Thanks...Cheese...."

"It's nothing. Really."

The waiter came to the table and brought my hay fries.

"I'm sorry about this. Maybe it would have been better if I just kept quiet."

"Don't be. Everything will be fine..."

The PA box cracked and a voice spoke. "We will be arriving at our destination in ten minutes. Please check for any lost belongings before leaving. Thank you for riding the Pony Express."

I finished my fries. Cheese and I proceeded back to the seat and waited for the train to stop.

"Are you ready Pinkie?"

"For?"

"To see your friends."

"Yeah! Sorry I'm just a little distracted right now."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking about a dream I had earlier."

"What was it like?"

"I was back on my family's farm and instead of it being dreary it was lovely and bright."

"That's amazing. Why is it distracting you?"

"Because dreams have meanings. And I would like to interpret it."

"Hmm...maybe it means things are going to get better? Things have seemed rough the last week and perhaps it's a sign that good times are coming."

"That sounds possible. Especially with the wedding in a few days and I'm about to see my friends again...Thanks Cheesy. You're the best."

"No probs Pinkie. Anything to make you smile."

The brakes of the train squealed,bringing it to a halt.

"We have arrived to our destination. Have a nice evening."said the speaker.

We grabbed our luggage and waited for Magnolia and Starstruck on the train platform.

"Once we leave the train station we'll go to SugarCube Corner, drop off the luggage and go to the castle."

"Sounds good."

"Pinkie! Cheese!" Magnolia called our names. She and Starstruck walked over to us. She nudged him, forcing him to start the conversation.

".....Oh hey guys." She nudged him once more and glared at him.

"I'm sorry for my behavior on the train Pinkie. It was unacceptable. The last few days I've been worried about Maggie and its been driving me nuts, and I took it out on you. I shouldn't have done that. I hope you'll reconsider being our party planner."

"I'm sorry too. Of course I'll continue to be your planner! You two have a wedding coming up, I wouldn't leave you now."

Star smiled.

"Thank you Pinks."

"Where will you be staying while you're here?"

"A friend of mine is letting us use her vacation home."

"Awesome! Can you meet us at SugarCube Corner tomorrow morning?"

"Sure! Bye!"

"Bye!"

A bright yellow burst of energy appeared and the couple disappeared.

"Well shall we be off?"

"Yes!"

We began our walk to Ponyville.

"Cheese. I'd like to go to Twilight's first then SugarCube Corner."

"Sure. Ready to see your friends?"

"Yeah. I hope they still think as me as friends..."

"Don't worry. If you're truly friends, they'll forgive you."

"Yeah..."

We were quiet for most of the walk and we soon made it to Twilight's Castle. We climbed up the long spiraling stairs until we heard voices. The voices overlapped each other and belonged to Applejack,Rainbow Dash,Rarity,Twilight and ...Fluttershy. Cheese and I slowly approached the door. I peeked through, and the girls were back in the Conference Room. It was where Twilight told about everything. I eavesdropped on the conversation. It seemed that Applejack did not know what happened a few days ago.

".... I see..."

"We just wanted to help you know.."

"It didn't require y'all meddlin' in her life! This is why she ran away!"

The voices overlapped once more until I just couldn't take it.

"Girls!"'I shouted.

They were all silent. Their focus was on me.

"P-Pinkie!!" Said Applejack.

"Yes AJ it's me. I have returned. I wanted to apologize for a few days ago. I know you all were trying to do your best to help Cheese and me but it didn't require everyone's involvement. I have realized I've been a terrible friend to you all. Especially you Twilight. I pushed you away when you were helping me and that's not what friends do. I'm so sorry for being so mean. To each and every one of you."

Everypony's eyes were swelling up with tears. "It's not you that has to apologize. It's us. We should have known that you are capable are fulfilling your own happiness."said Twilight.

"I'm sorry Pinkie." Said Rainbow, Rarity and Fluttershy.

"It's okay girls. Friends are supposed to forgive each other right?"

Fluttershy looked at me with an apologetic face. "Fluttershy.It's okay. I forgive you."

"Thank you. I'm so glad you're back Pinkie..."

"I am too."

"So I hear you're throwing a wedding?"'said Rainbow

"Yup! Cheesy and I are planning it. Come on in Cheese!"

Cheese walked into the Conference Room. "Hey Everypony! Nice to see you all again."

"Hey Cheese!"everypony said in unison.

"Who's getting married?"asked Rainbow

"The famous couple Starstruck and Magnolia."

"Really? I didn't think you'd be that lucky to host it! It would be great for business if I did Magnolia's gown..."

"Sorry she already has one!"

"Bridlemaid dresses?"

"...I'll get back to you on that."

"Yes!"

"How can we help?"asked Twilight.

"Well...we're all meeting at SugarCube Corner tomorrow so I guess we could all figure something out there."

"Sounds like a plan! Does any pony disagree or object?"

Everypony shook their heads.

"Looks like we all head to SugarCube Corner in the morning."said Twilight.

"Sounds good! I'll see you tomorrow guys."said Rainbow.

"Yes that sounds amazing! I can't wait."

"Bye y'all! See you in the morning!"

"Bye everyone."

Fluttershy,Applejack,Rarity and Rainbow Dash left the Conference Room leaving Twilight, Cheese and I.

"You're welcome to stay in the castle if need be. It gets pretty lonely at night with just Spike,Owlowiscious and I."

"Sure. Thank you Twilight."

"You're welcome Cheese."

"Would you mind if I stayed the night Twilight?"

"Not at all."

"The bedrooms are on the next floor. Make yourselves at home."

Cheese left the room and headed up the stairs.

"Pinkie. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How was Manehattan?"

"It was wonderful. I stayed in a lovely hotel kinda like the one we were in last time. We went sight seeing and I made a new friend!"

"New friend?"

"Her name is Cherry. Wanna see her?"

"Sure?"

I pulled Cherry out of my mane.

"What in the name of Celestia?!"

"Meet Cherry!"

"That's a kitten. I was expecting a pony or something."

"Well she can't be a pony like us! What do you think of her?"

"She's really adorable."

"Thanks!! She's named after her love of chimicherry changas!"

Twilight face hoofed at the thought of Chimicherry Changas. What's so bad about them?

"She belongs to the both of us!"

"Both?"

"Cheese and I!"

"I see. What will happen to Cherry once the planning is over?"

"...."

I didn't really think about that what will happen after the wedding?

"Does that mean you and Cheese are a couple?"

"Yeah..."

"Awww... I'm happy for you Pinkie!"

"Thanks."

"How long have you been a couple?"

"A few days now. I really enjoy it."

"I'm glad that you're happy."

"I am too. I have a question for you Twilight."

"Yes?"

"Is it normal for a unicorn not to know the basic spells?"

"Not usually. Levitation and Lumination are simple spells. Even unicorn foals learn that."

"How about teleportation?"

"It's more advanced if you haven't practiced. A unicorn would have to be diligent to master teleportation."

"Hmmmm.....Okay! Thanks!"

"You're welcome."

"I'm going to sleep. Nighty Night!"

"Good Night." Twilight luminated the room with her horn and proceeded to read a stack of books. I left the conference room and went upstairs to the bedroom floor. I opened the first door.

The room was huge and so was the bed. The room felt a little stuffy, so I opened the large window that overshadowed the room.The moonlight was a beautiful shade of orange. It covered the town as if it was a blanket. The light left a soothing aura over the town. The cool country breeze felt good in my fur,it lulled me to sleep.I plopped myself into the bed. The softness of the blankets took me into its nighttime sanctuary and I succumbed to its call.

I dreamed a lovely dream. The wedding went by beautifully. Everyone was happy and Cheese didn't leave Ponyville... But what if the opposite happens?