• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 2,888 Views, 179 Comments

Lovebirds - raritypie



What will happen when Cheese and Pinkie throw another party together? Will sparks fly or will it be an utter disaster?

  • ...
5
 179
 2,888

Double Date

We spent the rest of the afternoon sight seeing around Manehattan. I enjoyed the sights. We saw Mare Liberty, The Manehattan State Building and Mareson Gardens. It was so pretty. I'm glad I spent today with Cheese, I love being with him. Even though we were reunited just a few days ago, I feel like something can happen with us. Something wonderful.

I was getting tired from sight seeing Cheese and I went back to the hotel. I plopped down on my bed, exhausted from today.

"I'm ready for a nap. Nighty Night Cheesy."

"Night...wait Pinkie! Don't sleep yet!"

"Awww why not?"

"I wanna take you somewhere!"

"Where? There's a part of the city we've haven't been today?"

"A restaurant Pinkie. I'd like to take you on a date. Do you wanna go with me?"

"Awww of course!" I bounced on the bed to hug Cheesy.I thought it was sweet that he wanted to take me on another date. I need to do something for him...he does so much for me.

"I'm glad you want to go on another date." He smiled and kissed me and I kissed him back. It was a long kiss and I enjoyed it.

He smiled. "Get dressed Pinkie. We have to be there within an hour."

"Okey doke!"

I went into my suitcase to find anything I could wear for tonight.


"Balloons...Cupcake...Paint...Idea book... Ooh a cupcake! *munch* hmm...wait what?!"

I kept looking into my suitcase and I found the missing dress that Fluttershy made. It had dirt on it but it's nothing a quick clean would take care of. I went to the bathroom and tried rinsing the dirt off.

"Come in you naughty dirt! Get off my dress!"

Cheese knocked on the door. "Is everything okay in there Pinkie?"

"Yup....everything is hunky dorry!"

"Okay then..."

I continued to wash the dress.

"You dirty dirt! Stop making my dress dirty!"

I scrubbed and scrubbed.

"Pinkie... what's going on in there?"

"I'm trying...to get...this dirt off!"

"May I come in?"

"S...Sure."

Cheese walked in. He wore his tux jacket and a bowtie.

"Mind if I try?"

"Go ahead."

I handed Cheese the dress. He did something...And the spots of dirt came out.

"How did you do that?!"

"Just a bit of spit and elbow grease."

"Haha! Amazing! Now time to dry it."

"Try using the hoof dryer. We have to go soon."

I used the dryer like Cheese suggested. The dress dried off in a matter of minutes and I slipped it onto my body.

"Oooooooooooooohhhhhh Cheese, I'm ready to go!"

I stepped out of the restroom, eager to show Cheese my dress.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it. You look stunning Pinkie."

"Thank you Cheesy. You look really handsome tonight."

Cheese blushed a little and held me by the arm.

"Shall we go?"

"Yes!"

He escorted me out of the room and out of the hotel. He whistled for a taxi and one appeared.

"Where to?"

"Chez La Mare please."

The driver ran off and this time he didn't catch me by surprise.

"So Cheese,What is Chez La Mare?"

"It's a four star restaurant. Kinda like the one we went to in Ponyville."

"Oooh nice."

We arrived at the restaurant fairly quickly. Cheese paid the driver and he sped off. We walked into the restaurant. It was dim but a scent lingered in the air that I just couldn't name...

Cheese walked to the Maitre 'D and spoke in a familar language. Seriously how many languages did Cheese know?

He came back and told me what was happening. "We have to wait for some guests."

"Guests? Who are they?"

"We're having dinner with Starstruck and Magnolia."

"Ooooooh fun! I can't wait until they arrive… Why can't we sit now?"

"Starstruck made a reservation for four under his name. We have to wait for him."

"Awww I hope they come soon. Wait this is a double date!"

"Me too.... I guess you could call it that."

I realized something. Was this the surprise? Was this what Cheese and Starstruck talked about?"

"Cheesy...was this the surprise?"

"Of course! Were you expecting something different?"

"Kinda...But this is cool too. I like doing fun stuff with you."

"Me too Pinkie. You're such a lovely girl and you're sweet and fun and silly..."

"Awww...." I couldn't help but blush a little. Cheese is so sweet. I kissed him on the cheek.

"I feel the same about you. You're really smart, adorable and funny..."

"Awwww..." He blushed a little.

Starstruck and Magnolia soon arrived. We greeted them and we went to our seats.

The waiter handed us our menus and left.

"So...Pinkie. What's life in Ponyville like? I wanted to go there to try painting the Magnolias."

"Oh it's quaint. It's really small compared to Manehattan. It's really beautiful and every pony knows each other."

"That's lovely."

"Not to brag or anything, But Pinkie is the city's party planner."

"Really?" Asked Starstruck and Magnolia

"Yeah! I host all types of parties. Birthday Parties, Cutecineras, Welcoming Parties and more. This also isn't my first wedding party!"

"Oh my. What was your first?" asked Starstruck

"I helped host Princess Cadence' s wedding. I was responsible for the after party."

Magnolia and Starstruck gave surprised looks and could barely speak.

"Cadence' s wedding is probably the most famous wedding in Equestria. She is the first married princess and for you to have done the party... We are honored to have you as a party planner. I've heard lots of amazing things about it, unfortunately I couldn't be the singer because of my tour but I'm sure it was good!"

"It was pretty nice."

"I can't believe it Maggie. We have Cadence' s wedding planner as ours! This is amazing. And let's not forget one of the world's top party planners! Cheese!"

Cheese blushed a little. "Oh Stop it you two..."

"It's true Cheese! You are an incredible planner! At Rainbow' s party last year you proved that to me."

"This isn't your first time working with Cheese?" Asked Magnolia

"Nope! My friend Rainbow Dash had a birthaversy a few months ago. Cheese came to town and planned it. We worked together after some complications."

"Oh wow! That sounds amazing Pinkie!"

"It was. I have pictures. If you come by the room tomorrow I can show you some!!"

"That sounds fun Pinkie! I'll be there."

The waiter came back and Cheese and Starstruck ordered for us. The waiter walked away.

"What did you get Cheesy?"

"We both got salads and dessert!"

"Sounds delicious."

Magnolia hit Starstruck with her hoof, provoking him to speak.

"So....uh Cheese and Pinkie. Is this your first date?"

"Nope! We had one in Ponyville."

"It was lovely and this one will be so much better."

"It sure will be!" Cheese held my hoof under the table. I smiled at him.

"Have you both thought about going further?"asked Magnolia

Cheese and I looked at each other. What did she mean?

"What exactly do you mean Magnolia?"

"Have you both thought about being in a relationship with each other?"

We were both speechless.

"...." I was a little stunned.

"….." and so was Cheese.

"It's clear that you both love each other! Why not try? It's kinda obvious that you two really care about each other. Plus you two are holding hooves underneath the table!"

Cheese and I were shocked. How did she know?

"It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Plus you two were a little close. If you weren't holding hooves you would be further apart."

"………" Cheese and I glanced at each other but continued to hold hooves.

"…" Magnolia sat silently leaving an awkward vibe in the air. Luckily the waiter arrived. Cheese and I had our salads and Magnolia and Starstruck had a weird looking dish.The awkward vibe still hung around but I felt the need to break the silence.

"Sooo...Starstruck. How did you two meet?"

"Welll...I had just finished a performance in Las Pegasus. I decided to take a train to my next destination. I took a seat on the train and Magnolia sat next to me. It was love at first sight. I loved her personality and her gorgeous smile. She was a little shy at first but she's really outgoing. She showed me some of her paintings and they were just so awe inspiring. I made at least 6 songs off of them."

"Wow! That's amazing! What kind of paintings were they Magnolia?"

"Ponds, valleys, buffalo, clouds.... Just random stuff. I grew up in Cloudsdale and left home alot. I was inspired by the Earth' s beauty and decided to stay here on land but my family still lives in Cloudsdale. That day I met Star changed my life. I felt terrible that day after an art show. No pony bought my paintings. I went on the train to Manehattan to do some work at my studio and I met Star. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. He brings out everything good in me and I hope I do the same to him. Without him I wouldn't be where I am. He really helped my career and I support his. I couldn't even imagine what life would be like without him."

"Awwwwwwwwwwwww!"said Cheese and I.

Starstruck kissed Magnolia on the cheek. "You do make me feel better about myself. You talk me out of doing crazy things and have been my number one fan my whole career. I'm glad that you'll be my wife and I love you so much."

Magnolia blushed and kissed Starstruck. "I'm glad to know that."

We finished our dinners and had a quick dessert. It was mini chocolate eclairs.

"Oooh my favorite!"said Magnolia.

We ate the eclairs and proceeded out of the restaurant. We said goodbye to our friends and took a taxi back to the hotel.

"You know Pinkie... I've been thinking."

"About what?"

"What Magnolia said about us. I really like you Pinkie. A little bit more than as a friend."

"I do too..."

"And I was wondering..."

"Yes?"

"If you'd be my fillyfriend?"

"Of course!!" I was incredibly happy. I didn't know if he wanted to be a couple yet. I hugged him tight and we kissed underneath Luna's light. It was quite romantic.

"I'm glad that you wanted to date me. I really wanted to ask but I was nervous."

"I was too..."

We smiled and I thought about how stupid I felt. I like Cheese. I should have just admitted all of my feelings when I felt them.

"It's a little late. Let's head upstairs."

We took the elevator up stairs and went into the hotel room. I was really tired. A day of party planning, sight seeing and a double date can really wear a girl out. I fell asleep on my bed as soon as I laid down. I dreamt sweet dreams and hoped more would come to me, now that I'm with Cheese everything feels so right.