• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 1,139 Views, 12 Comments

The Mischievous Matchmaker - Painbow Bash



Discord heads to ponyville for some fun. While there Pinkie convinces him to help her prank her friends. Hilarity, chaos, and (you guessed it) shipping ensuses.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,139

Dead giveaway

The day was drawing to a close as Applejack bucked the last tree on her schedule. She watched the apples fall nicely into the large barrel that she had set at the base of the tree, then turning to her friend and at the moment fellow laborer she said:


“Well that should just about do it for today, after we load this last barrel into the barn how bout we get some of that cider I promised ya? She asked Rainbow Dash in her usual country accent as she wiped the sweat from her brow.


“Sounds like a plan!” Dash replied, fastening the lid onto the barrel full of apples that Applejack had just filled.


“I should tempt you with cider more often if it gets me this quality of work.” Joked the orange mare, balancing the barrel of apples on her back.


It’s not the cider thats tempting me.” Thought Dash to herself.


“No prob AJ, I’m always glad to help you out.” She replied cheerily.


“Well lets get you your reward then Dashie.” Applejack mentally facehoofed as soon as the words had left her mouth.


“Consarn it! Why did i say Dashie? Maybe she didn’t notice it.” Applejack hoped to herself, but Dash had indeed noticed and was at the moment trying to decide what to make of it.


She just called me Dashie! Maybe it was just a slip of the tongue. But what if it was intended?” The cerulean pegasus decided to press her luck and call AJ by a nickname of similar aptitude.


“Sounds like a plan Jackie!” Both ponies blushed at the pet names and awkward silence that followed enough that it was quite visible on their faces.


Gah! How i wish I knew what AJ thought of me, I don’t want to risk our friendship on this, but if she does feel the same way how awesome would that be! Ugh I’m going to drive myself crazy trying to figure this out.” Little did Rainbow know that at that moment Applejack was had a very similar problem on her own mind.


She just called me jackie! I hope that means what i think it might, if it does that would just be too amazing! But what if it doesn’t? Augh! This will be the death of me yet.” Applejack worried, wondering if she could ever work up the courage to just tell Rainbow how she felt.




Off a distance in the top of an apple tree sat Discord and Pinkie observing their final targets.


“You are quite right Pinkie my dear, they will never get anywhere going about like this. And since you insist on helping our friends how shall we both prank and ‘hook up’ your friends?” Asked Discord watching Applejack and Rainbow Dash through some opera glasses he had conjured to spy on their last victims for the day.


“With some good old fashioned terror and pressure!” Chirped Pinkie, she then leaned close to Discord and disclosed her grand plan. The entire time she described it to her cohort his smile ever widened with anticipation.





As Applejack was exiting the barn she saw something that caught her eye, it was a strange looking pony just meandering along in the middle of her orchid with a slight limp muttering to himself.


“Howdy partner whatcha doing here?” Applejack called out to the stranger, who continued on trotting around slowly as if he didn't hear her.


“Huh, maybe he didn’t hear me. Dash wanna help me see what this guy wants? I don’t really like the look of him.”


“Yeah me either, lets see what he wants so we can get away from Mr.weird Mc.creepy.” Dash and AJ walked over to the stranger who as they got closer to they noticed he wasn’t actually muttering but groaning as if in confusion and pain.


“Hey buddy are you alright?” Dash called out trying to get his attention as she landed a bit closer than intended, but she did get his attention, and no sooner had she then the shabby looking colt swung his arm with full force straight into Dash’s wing. AJ needed no further reason to buck the now violent stranger into next week, which she did. However what she did not intend to do was conclave his skull, which she also did.


“Celestia’s flaming flank! I didn’t mean to crush the varmint's head like that!”


“He only damaged my wing you didn’t have to kill him AJ!” Said Dash now very concerned about the body laying before them. No sooner had the words left her mouth then the body in question started crawling towards them now growling angrily. Dash hopped into AJ’s arms while both mares screamed.


“HOW THE BUCK IS HE ALIVE HIS HEAD IS ONLY HALF THERE!”


“HAY IF I KNOW DARLIN” Shouted AJ not noticing the now numerous strange looking ponies closing in, attracted by the all the commotion.


“AJ, I think i know why.” Said Dash hopping out of the farm mare’s arms and walking backward a bit.


“What's that sugar cube?” Asked Applejack with a faltering voice.


“Zomponies.”


“Normally I would say that you were full of it but right now….” AJ looked first at the bloody mess of a pony crawling towards them then to the other ragged ponies slowly closing in all around them. backing into the only safe place not blocked off by walking corpses, the barn. Dash followed AJ into the barn then rapidly shut and with Applejack's help barred the doors with some wood planks that were in the barn.


“Applejack, I don’t think we can get out of here.” Dash said with none of her usual upbeat tone in her voice.


“Can’t you fly us out?” Asked the orange pony with a bit of doubt in her voice, almost as if she didn’t think her own suggestion was valid.


“I could probably fly us high enough that we could avoid all the earth ponies, but I noticed a few pegasi in the hoard and I doubt i can outfly them with either you on my back or with this damaged wing.”


“I was afraid of that, what now?” Wondered AJ thinking of what they could possibly do. Dash however was thinking of what could have been, the Wonderbolts, her friends, and most forefront on her mind, Applejack.


Why didn’t I ever work up the courage to tell you AJ? Well i guess it doesn’t matter now, heck i could just walk up and kiss her since it looks like im dieing in a minute anyway.” Even as Rainbow finished this line of thought hoofs came bursting through the door, revealing glimpses out at their grisly fate. Dash, now having made up her mind walked over to Applejack and said:


“Hey AJ there’s something I should have told you a long time ago. It doesn’t really matter now but what the heck.” With that said Dash just quickly leaned in towards AJ and planted her lips on her best friend’s. Time froze for both of them, there was no longer any zomponies raging at the doors, no barn not even the hay underneath their hoofs, all that mattered to both of them was this moment. To Dash's surprise and glee Applejack not only didn’t pull away but pressed harder into the kiss, savoring the sensation of the moment. Dash on the other hand was in pure ecstasy, loving every moment of what she later would call, the best decision she ever made. The kiss ended too soon for both of them, but one thing they both immediately noticed was that there was no sounds of growling or wood splintering, no holes in the walls or door, no bruise on Dash’s wing, no nothing, all of the barn looked as if it was never under attack in the first place.


“Something isn't right here.” Applejack said looking about the barn


“Really? I thought it was a great kiss.”


“That was a great kiss.” Applejack said losing her train of thought and smiling at Dash for a moment before getting her mind back on track.


“But I mean look at the walls and door, look at your wing, its all fixed nothings wrong. Almost like it was all a big joke.”


“Or prank…. Hey didn’t Big Mac say he saw Discord in town earlier today.” Asked the light blue mare with a knowing smirk on her face.


“Why that dirty low down varmint!” Spat Applejack looking back and forth as if she expected to see his smiling face taunting them.


“Well on the one hoof he did scare the hay out of us, but on the other hoof…..” Dash trailed off walking a bit closer and draping her wing over Applejack’s back.


“Well I guess I can forgive him this time.” AJ said nuzzling Dash and happily sighing into her embrace.






“Aww well isn’t that just down right adorable.” Observed Discord wiping away a tear from the corner of his eye.


“HA! I told you it would be amazing.” Said Pinkie with a smug grin on her face.


“Okay fine you were right Pinkie, that was both fun and helpful. Hey I wonder if I could do this all the time, you know to be of use out in the world like Celestia is always getting on about.”


“That is the BEST IDEA EVER! I mean, it's like all of my favorite things, pranks, fun and forcing ponies into relationships!” Shouted Pinkie jumping into the air like someone had just released a spring.


“Yes I do think it’s a smashing idea, not to mention tons of fun. Well Pinkie I thank you ever so much, and I hate to leave after all the fun we have had, but I know of a certain stuffy red stallion who needs to loosen up a bit, ta ta! And with that he left to go make some more romantic mischief.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, hope you liked the fic, once again comments and critiques are welcomed!

Comments ( 8 )
Comment posted by Painbow Bash deleted Feb 4th, 2014

I like it well written for a first time i think. also pinkie towards the end there went a little :pinkiecrazy: "...and forcing ponies into relationships!" :twilightoops:

3896525 I think that Pinkie would be all over that sort of stuff, also thanks!

I read later for when I have some time O: Till then My avatar looking at yours x3

3906738 Well I'm not in the habit of writing indecent stories :raritywink:

5295460 Hahahaha, :rainbowlaugh: Glad you liked it!

Login or register to comment