• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 598 Views, 7 Comments

Luna's heir - Gabrielangel13



Luna finds a stallion she believes is fitting to be her heir. Though they are believed to be immortal, the Celestial sisters aren't. They simply have long lives.

  • ...
11
 7
 598

Chapter 6

The duo walked into Ponyville as discreetly as they could, but even then they were met with stares. After all, white wings did stand out on a black stallion. To Star, they couldn't arrive at the library fast enough.

"Princess Sparkle lives here?" Star Shine asked. He had expected something a bit more elaborate.

"Why live with more than you need? Twilight stays far from greed." Zecora stated and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" a voice shouted. Star's eyes nearly popped out of his head when a dragon opened the door. "Oh, hi, Zecora. Are you here to see Twilight?" he asked.

Zecora silently nodded her head, and entered the tree when the dragon invited her to. A bit nervous, Star Shine followed.

"Twilight, Zecora is here to see you. She brought an alicorn with her." The young dragon's voice called.

"Alicorn?! That must have been what I felt last night!" A lavender mare rushed up a stair case and into the room.

"Princess Sparkle!" Star Shine gasped, and dropped into a bow.

"First, my name is Twilight, Second, you're getting your knees dirty." Twilight said with a smile. "When did you become an Alicorn? Tell me exactly what happened!" Twilight's curious side was getting the better of her.

"Uh... I think it happened last night. I exhausted my magic, so I can't really remember." He explained.

"I wonder if Celestia and Luna know anything? Spike, take a letter."

"Your body guard takes letters for you?" Star asked.

"Body guard?" Twilight burst into laughter. "Spike isn't my guard, he's my number one assistant."

"I could protect you." Spike muttered.

"I know. Are you ready to write?" Twilight replied. When he nodded, she continued. "Dear Princess Celestia and Luna. I have a strange visitor today, that I think you should meet. Please come to the Ponyville library as soon as you have time. I will be awaiting your swift reply. Your fellow Princess, Twilight Sparkle."

"Twilight Sparkle." Spike mumbled. "Done!" A small burst of fire shot out of his mouth and consumed the parchment.

"Twilight Sparkle, how this ends I would like to know. I am afraid however, I must go." Zecora said. Twilight jumped, having forgotten that the zebra was there.

"I'm sorry Zecora, I didn't mean to be rude. I am so sorry." Twilight's face turned red.

"It is alright, You did have lots to excite." Zecora said with a small smile of amusement. without another word, she turned to leave.

"Thank you, Zecora." Star Shine said.

The zebra turned and smiled, and then left.

"Um, is he alright?" Star asked, staring at the small dragon, who'd turned even greener than usual.

"Yeah, I'm just getting a letter." Twilight replied. She waited calmly as the baby dragon barfed up a piece of parchment, and then read it. "Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle. We have a few minutes at three today. You probably felt the magic shift last night. Princess Luna chose her heir, but she lost him doesn't know where he is. We will see you at three, unless we find him before then. Your loving friend, Princess Celestia.

"Spike, tell Luna and Celestia that they need to come here now. Say it is urgent." Twilight ordered with wide eyes. "So you're Luna's heir!"

"Heir! But Alicorns are..." Star stopped as a wave of pain rushed through his head. ""Because Alicorns aren't immortal, the average lifespan is only about 2000 years." "Oh, that's what happened." Star struggled to hold back his tears.

"Oh! What? What happened?" Twilight's eyes were wide with excitement.

"I killed my mother with a magic burst." Star said annoyed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Twilight had tears falling down her cheeks now as her excitement deflated.

"Neh, better than living with my dad." Star said. He was inwardly kicking himself for making a princess cry.

Just then, a loud noise shook the library. The door shone blue, then exploded., revealing three very worried, and fierce looking Alicorns. "Twilight! Are you alright? You said it was urgent! Has somepony threatened you?!" Cadence cried as she rushed in and hugged her. "What happened?"

"You brought Cadence?" Twilight asked, she was always glad to see Cadence, but sometimes she was over reacted.

"We thought you were in danger." Luna didn't even attempt to hide her anger.

"Why did you call us here, Twilight." Celestia seemed to be the only one not shocked that there wasn't any sort of danger.

"Because of him." Twilight said, and pointed. Star Shine began to back up, scared of the four Alicorns.

"You found him! Good job, Twilight!" Luna congratulated, her earlier anger forgotten.

"Actually, Zecora did." Twilight replied.

"Actually, I crashed into her house." Star Shine said.

"So this is who you chose? He sure is tall." Cadence said plainly.

"He grew." Luna stated simply. "It happens sometimes."

"Don't you think introductions are in order." Celestia said with a sigh. "I think that you know all of our names, what is yours?"

"Uh, Star Shine. Are you four normally like this?" He replied, somewhat frightened.

"Only when nopony's around." Luna answered.

"Cadence, you owe me a door." Twilight grumbled.

"Sorry. Why aren't ponies flocking to check out the explosion?" Cadence asked.

"Oh, I do it nearly every day." Twilight blushed. "Sometimes I freak out, okay?!"

Celestia sighed. "I think we need to go to the castle now. Star Shine needs to get settled in." She shook her head. "He has a lot to adjust to.

Author's Note:

So, this is the last chapter I had planned on writing due to down-votes, so the rest is actually new. thanks for the comments, and for reading :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 1 )

Do to the dislikes on this story, I will be cancelling this rendition; however, if you would like to see this plot attempted again, or would like to take it yourself, please message me. Thank you.

Login or register to comment