• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 596 Views, 7 Comments

Luna's heir - Gabrielangel13



Luna finds a stallion she believes is fitting to be her heir. Though they are believed to be immortal, the Celestial sisters aren't. They simply have long lives.

  • ...
11
 7
 596

Luna's Heir

"Hello? Where am I?" Luna heard a voice call.

"The dream plane. I brought you here." Luna replied.

The stallion spun around. As soon as he saw who it was, he dropped down into a bow. "Princess Luna." He acknowledged her presence. "I don't understand, what am I doing here?"

"Please, get up." Luna waited for him to obey before continuing. "My soldiers are examining your mother as we speak. You are here because of what you did tonight."

"I didn't do anything special. I just was protected somepony I loved."

"You're very special." Luna replied. "Not many would have done that."

"I'm not special. I don't even have a cutie mark yet!"

Luna giggled. "You do now."

"WHAT?" He cried and turned to look. A white star stood out on his black coat. "What did I do to earn that?" He asked.

"look." She said. She lit her horn, and the night sky lay sprawled out before them.

"I did that?!" he asked in shock as he stared at the disarray it was in.

"Yes, you did." Luna replied. She lit her horn and reassembled the night sky.

"Now, what's your name?" she asked.

"Star Shine, your majesty." He replied.

"There's no need to call me that." She said kindly.

"so wait, back up a bit. What did you bring me here for?" he asked.

"To take my place as ruler of the night." She said, and could barely keep calm at his reaction.

"WHAT!" His jaw nearly hit the floor. "Who put you up to this? its not funny!"

"Nopony did. I am dead serious." Luna was slightly annoyed at being called a liar.

"But Alicorns are immortal! Why would you need a mediocre unicorn to replace you?"

"Because Alicorns aren't immortal, the average lifespan is only about 2000 years, and since I'm 1,400, it was time for me to find one." She explained.

"But Celestia doesn't have an heir!" He argued.

"Twilight Sparkle." Luna countered. "What's holding you back? We can make arrangements for your mother."

"My mom is dead." He stated curtly.

"What?" Luna asked, completely baffled.

"I felt her die. She always had a weak heart, I guess my outburst gave her a heart attack." Luna could see his attempt to hold back his tears was failing.

"I'm so sorry." Luna said with tears in her own eyes.

"If you are absolutely sure that you want me, than I will come." He agreed after a few stiff and awkward moments. "I don't have anything to miss."

"Good! Now what was that spell?" She muttered.

"Wait, what spell? You never mentioned any spell!" He cried in sudden panic.

"Oh, calm down. It won't hurt." She said. She cast her spell before another word could be said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna woke and found herself laying in a hospital bed in the Canterlot Castle. "Cross! Shield! What am I doing here?" She shouted.

"Princess! Are we glad you're awake. Celestia is on her way right now! Do you feel dizzy, nauseas, have blurred vision, a headache, cravings? IN YOUR SISTER'S NAME ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" Shield rattled off.

'your stupid questions are giving me a headache. I put myself to sleep." She growled angrily.

suddenly, the door burst open, and a white Alicorn entered, persued by four guards who were failing to keep up.

"Luna! They said you were hurt in a fight with some Griffons! Is she ok?" Celestia asked. "CROSS! I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!"

"Sorry, your highness. Shield shouted in my ear and it just quit ringing. Yes, she is good as new, except for what Shield did with his shouting." She replied, glaring daggers at her twin.

"You should hear Luna's Royal Voice. It is louder, I assure you." Celestia said, a smile returning to her face. "Luna, I felt a magical shift, what did you do?"

"What? You said it was time for me to find an heir." Luna said, and instantly plugged her ears. It is said that the next sound was heard all the way in Ponyville.

""HOORAH!"

Author's Note:

:-) Celestia is happy :-)

COMMENT ON ME STORY OR I SHALL THROW ANGRY CATS AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!