• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 412 Views, 4 Comments

Crossroads Blues - Flighty Feathers



Trixie had always dreamed of fame and fortune and she'll do anything to achieve it. Unfortunately for her that may cost her mortal soul. Oops.

  • ...
 4
 412

Chapter One: Deals

Trixie walked cautiously down the dark Ponyville backroad, longing for the warm interior of her junky car. She rapped her scarf tighter around her neck nervously. It had taken weeks but she finally had all of the items that old donkey said she needed. The photo of herself and the dirt from a graveyard had been the easiest, the yarrow and black cat bone, not so much. Thank Celestia for zebras. They know exactly where to get that kind of stuff if you have the right connections. Even if those connections were a small hut in the Everfree, belonging to a blind, elderly, mare. She had decided to block out the image of the small, bloodstained cutting board on her table and the heavy stench of vanilla that was covering up the strange scents. 'This better work' she thought, trying her best not to think of how insane this was and how morbid the contains of the box in her bag was. She shook her head, pulling her coat tighter around her underfed figure. She never considered what would happen if she wasn't successful at performing. If only she was better at time travel spells so she could live back in stage magic's golden age, when her mother was a star. If only she could be as successful as the late, great Midnight Lulamoon. If she were to keeping going on in life like this she'd have two choices, give up morality and sell herself or she's starve to death. She could always be a prostitute, maybe a pole dancer. 'No I'd rather die.' she's always think. But times are hard and it would fit her skill set.. 'No. Never. I'm never going to end up like father. Or accidentally get pregnant from some low life, like mother.' She sighed. The end of the road approached and veered out into the intersection, as the night air blew crisp around her. She looked up at the pale moon. Almost midnight, perfect. She walked to the center of the crossing, feeling a new sense of dread and hope with every step. Stepping forward she bent down. 'It's now or never.'

The task of burring the small box was simple and easily accomplished. She stepped back disappointed nothing had happened. 'That I knew I should've never listened to that ass.' She turned her back to leave when a voice as smooth as silk entered her ears.

"Leaving so soon, darling?"

The night air seemed to instantly change temperature when the voice spoke. She spun facing the stranger. The voice belonged to a dark mahogany brown mare. Her jet-black hair hung wavily down, framing her face nicely. Her face looked fragile with the section of white starting on her nose going all the way down her body. Everything about her screamed the perfect example of a Clydesdale. She wore a simple, form-fitting, black dress, but by far her most intriguing features were her glossy, bottomless black eyes. Trixie simply stared.

"What's wrong darling, cat got your tongue?"

She blinked, and snapped back into reality. "Uh hello there.." Her words came out much weaker then she intended.

The black eyed mare stepped forward, circling the shorter pony. "What can I do for you hot stuff?" she winked.

"I can give you anything you know." the mare put a hand on her hip.

Trixie stayed silent thinking for the right words.

She narrowed her eyes with a seemingly knowing smirk. "Let me guess your here for luck? Wait no, no I bet your here love right? You've got a crush on some pretty boy who doesn't even know you exist."

"Well no you see-"

The taller mare cut her off. "Oh so your a filly-fooler then."

"Wh- No I'm not here for love." She cleared her throat and spoke up. "No. I'm an here to become the most famous and successful stage magician Equestrian has ever seen. I want to be the Great and Powerful Trixie."

"Quite ambitious aren't you? Alright I can give you fame and fortune but all of the talent needs to come from you, but I'm sure that won't be hard." She chuckled darkly. "Very well. I can give you fame and fortune but all of the talent needs to come from you and you can have as much as your cute little heart desires for the next ten years for one small fee."

Trixies heart skipped at beat at this. She started to imagine. A beautiful car, sophisticated food, no more greasy diner and bar slop, loving fans, shows sold out, colts and mares falling at her feet. "Anything. I'll pay anything. Here have all my money-"

"Well you see I don't want your money.I need somthing much more valuable."

"Well what is it?" she raised an eyebrow.

The tall mare let out a short, frustrated sigh. "I want your soul, darling."

Her eyes seemed to widen subconsciously Without thinking about her drastic words she stepped closer. "Yes. Alright you can have it. What do I need to do for it to work?"

"All I need is one simple kiss to seal the deal, love"

She hesitated for a second or two.

"Oh don't worry darling I don't bit unless you want me to if your into that" she smirks coyly

Stumbling a little, the short girl took one final step forward stealing the brown mare's lips, and sealing her fate. After an uncertain amount of time later they broke apart. Trixie couldn't tell how long it had been, but she felt much more confident with herself.

"You should come back and see me sometime, darling. Oh the things I could do with you." With one final smirk to the girl, he demon mare of the crossroads winked and vanished, leaving the now Great and Powerful Trixie alone on the dusty road.

Author's Note:

There may or may not be some minor not safe for woona elements later, but nothing of great detail will be posted here. If there is any I'll make it it's own little side story, I'll decide later but right now I'm just going with the flow on the plot. The rating of the story will stay teen. Also I wrote this many MANY moons ago so I'm sure it's probably terrible. Comments, critiques, and advice is greatly appreciated! I love you forever for reading this far. ily <3

Comments ( 4 )

You need more paragraphs. You also need to either indent them or put space between them. Nobody likes to read a wall of text.

Overall, the story seems interesting, if a bit short. I also happen to be a Supernatural fan, so there's that.

You could have benefitted from writing this with a program that has spellcheck and then pasting into the chapter.

Also: the mare put a hand on her hip :rainbowhuh: *sees anthro tag* Oh. Hmm. Still came as a surprise.

Overall, not too bad for a first story. Keep writing. You'll get better with practice.

3621678 Thank you I was really nervous about posting this, so thank you for the advice! :rainbowkiss:

I really like the premise of this story, it is original and intriguing.:twilightsmile: All to many times I see the same carbon copy of the exact same premise, uniqueness is difficult, keep up the good work. :raritywink:

Thank You! :rainbowkiss: :twilightsheepish:
I'm working on making chapter 2 much longer than this one, but I've been having some difficulty. It should be up eventually :unsuresweetie:

Login or register to comment