• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,646 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,646

PreviousChapters Next
What to do what to do...

(Warning, Twilight lecture incoming)

“Red? What are you doing here?” Twilight blinked in surprise as the form that had appeared when she’d opened the library door was in fact Red. Realising he wasn’t going to open his mouth and simply answer, her ears flicked downward and she heaved an annoyed sigh, stepping back and letting Red through the door.

“Is there something you wanted?” Twilight followed Red around as he looked at the various shelves in her library, before pulling a book out, and opening it. It was a book decrypting the anatomy of ponies.

“Oh I see, you’re trying to learn about this world. Well if you really want I can show you some of the better books. That one isn’t really that good. It calls the Tertials the Secondaries on wings. Really, I mean it is perfectly obvious what the difference is.” Twilight found herself being watched by Red, who had raised his head from the book and was watching her intently. After a moment of silence, she pulled out a different book and held it out for Red.

“This book even has a detail description of why unicorn horns curl a certain way, as it helps with magic flow. Often a book overlooks that fact but this one even goes into great detail about the magic center that we draw from, it is quite an interesting read.” Pulling out another couple of books, she quickly began to unshelve her entire library, eyes sparkling as she began to also write cue cards she could read out to Red on the subject of male and female bone structure.

“And that’s not even mentioning the makeup of an Earth pony. Why their innate magic is almost ten times stronger than a unicorn! After they get their cutie mark it then changes from raw into a more refined form which can then be used to enhance their talent even further!” Red had once more put the book down and was sitting down on the ground, listening to Twilight. Twilight noticed this and her excitement grew. Finally someone who understood the importance of study! What’s more, he even pulled out a notepad and began writing stuff down.

“And alicorn magic is even greater still! Often the earth pony magic is the weakest in alicorns because they often have talents relating to their unicorn aspects and thus their earth pony magic is then focused on enhancing their unicorn magic, which often means they actually are very weak, oftentimes more so than unicorns.

“And if we look at the strongest unicorns in history, namely Starswirl the Bearded, we can see that the stronger one’s innate unicorn magic, the weaker their physical strength. However it seems to work differently for Pegasi. Instead of the innate magic being focused sorely on their talent, they are often gifted with a certain wing strength due to the magic that runs through their body

“I’ve often theorised that this is because the magic understands that pegasi need their wings as it is their survival tactic and always set aside some of the magic to ensure they will survive being in the line of a dangerous animal. But that’s forgetting those that have a talent relating to their wings.

“Why, if a pegasus has a talent that relates to their wings it multiplies in power, much more than an earth pony’s could. That’s why ponies such as Rainbow Dash are able to go such fast speeds, if only for short timeframes. I doubt Dash would say it, but she really is more of a sprinter than an endurance flier.”

Twilight paused and leaned over at Red’s notebook, seeing he had written down every word she had said in neat, legible writing. If Dash had been in the room, he would have noticed it matched the notebook Blue had read from earlier. Twilight leaned back and scratched her head.

“I’m sorry, I get carried away sometimes. It’s just so rare that someone actually wants to learn about all this stuff. Let me make some tea.” Twilight turned and headed into the kitchen to make some tea, hearing Red begin to look through the books she had left lying on the floor. Returning, she hovered the cup near Red as he took it and took a small sip before putting it on the table, and holding out a book titled A Brief History Of Equestria. Opening it, he pointed to a picture of a pegasus she recognised as an important figure in history.

“That’s Commander Hurricane, one of the six founders of Equestria, and the only male founder. While all of the others were born into the higher positions of their societies, Hurricane was actually among the lowest ranked pegasi of the Junta, due to both his sex and the position in the hierarchy his mother held. Are you sure you want me to go over him? His history isn’t exactly...PG” Twilight saw Red nod, and picked up the book she had written herself for Celestia. Opening her mouth, she began to read.

“Born 52 BW, Hurricane was the only foal of Staff Sergeant Star Saber. Hurricane is suspected to have had an abusive home life due to being born ‘the wrong sex,’ and thus unable to carry on the family name. If true, this may have affected his actions later on as an adult. As a stallion, there were very few options open to young Hurricane in terms of a career.

“With nothing to go to, Hurricane joined with the Celestine Army as a private. He would make a name for himself for countless acts of bravery in battle, leading charges that by all rights should have been suicidal, leading some historians to speculate as to whether or not Hurricane was a death seeker at this point of his life.

“Or possibly, he risked his neck for the accolades of the mares. Either way, by the time that Hurricane reached the rank of sergeant, he had a reputation not just on the field of battle, but in the bedroom as well. It was a common practice among the commanding officers of the Junta to take one or more of the stallions…” Twilight continued the lecture, eyes brimming with delight as Red wrote down every word silently. Once she was finished her lecture, she would gift him her version of the book, one which was actually twice as thick.

Of course, Twilight had no idea at this point both would later be given to Blue to make up for his ‘date’ with the pink menace.

PreviousChapters Next