• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,648 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,648

PreviousChapters Next
And Blue

Arcanine leapt out of his ball at rocket speed, launching forward and lowering her head to slam into the other pokemon at top speed, wincing slightly as she received some damage from the attack. The pokemon lost it’s red sheen and Blue was able to finally see what pokemon it was due to it’s dinosaur-like appearance and bowl shaped ears.

‘Nidoking, that’s a bad matchup, but I’ve had worse.’ Nidoking opened his mouth and a bright blue light shone as he charged up is first attack, and aimed for Arcanine. Dodging the attack, she was instead knocked off balance when the attack sprung outwards, forming a spiky ball before it faded. Recovering quickly, she slammed into Nidoking with her body, before leaping back to avoid the counterattack.

Nidoking roared to the heavens, who suddenly grew thick with clouds and began to rumble. Arcanine narrowed her eyes, and leapt forward at Nidoking at top speed as the attack hit where she had been standing a mere second before, hitting the dinosaur for a critical hit due to the unexpected counterattack. Crouching, she opened her mouth and bit down on the leg in front of her, before flipping her head around and biting again from a different angle. Nidoking roared in pain, and lifted her other foot.

Arcanine leapt back, but was too late and took the full force of the earthquake, which caused significant damage. Leaping backwards while keeping her eyes on the target, she panted as she tried to take a moment to recover. Nidoking took this moment to put a hand to his mouth, and smile.

“Arcanine sleep!” Commanding his pokemon, Blue overrode the attack that was coming as his pokemon obeyed without hesitation, recovering her hp as she fell immediately to sleep. As Nidoking blew a kiss toward Arcanine, a growl escaped his lips as he saw she was already asleep. Having no further cause to hold back, he lifted his foot, and used another earthquake as Blue pulled out an Awakening and tossed it.

Arcanine leapt into the air, dodging an ice beam as she charged for Nidoking once more, gnawing on the leg and launching straight into a body slam as a bolt of lightning hit her. Both pokemon roared at each other, and the battle dissolved into an all out brawl. Blue smiled, Giovanni’s pokemon has lost it’s cool, Arcanine had the edge now.

“I will admit Blue, I am quite curious how you do it.” Giovanni’s voice carried over the fighting as if it was no effort at all. Blue’s eyes flickered toward Giovanni before he returned his attention to the fight. If he wasn’t paying attention, Arcanine might make the wrong move.

“You manage to smile despite your circumstances of always being number two, despite the curve balls life throws you.” Giovanni, surprisingly, wasn’t smiling while he said it. A frown was pasted on his face as he considered it. There was no gain in being second, only first gathered top profits.

“I’m just that awesome Giovanni,” came Blue’s reply, his trademark smirk returning to his face as he continued to watch the fight. Beside him, Lyra was the only one to notice the difference in Giovanni’s emotion.

Arcanine leapt out of the way of another ice beam, and slammed into Nidoking one final time. Bruises all over the dinosaur, Nidoking finally cried out in pain, and fell unconscious. Giovanni didn’t bother healing Nidoking before returning him to his ball. Blue quickly topped up Arcanine with a full restore.

Giovanni pulled out his second pokemon, and released his second ground type into the field. Also dinosaur in appearance, this pokemon featured a cream colored horn on it’s head and was gray in color. Arcanine, who was a fire type, might be able to go against a Nidoking and survive, but a Rhydon was a different matter.

“Earthquake.” It was over in a single move, Arcanine collapsed under the sheer force of the attack. Blue returned his pokemon, and frowned as he chose his second. While he was certain his Gyrados or Dragonite would make short work of Rhydon, he couldn’t bring out his aces just yet. Beside, he had the perfect pokemon for this fight. A pokemon with only one weakness.

The ball flew from his hand, and released his pokemon. A very small brown creature that’s main feature was it’s bushy tail and long pointed ears. Blue could have easily evolved Eevee into one of many different pokemon types, but he had his reasons for keeping his pokemon the normal type.

Eevee quickly weighed her opponent up before launching into her very first attack. Fluttering her eyes, the Rhydon scratched his head before a very faint tinge of color entered his cheeks. Eevee flashed her tail as she stalked forward, and watched Rhydon lean down, before she launched into a heabutt and sent him falling backwards with a roar of pain.

As Rhydon stood back up, eyes narrowing, Eevee hid her face behind her tail, and gave a short coo as she waited to see if he would attack. Unfortunately, Rhydon wasn’t convinced anymore, and he roared loudly, his body becoming thinner as muscles formed on his arms and legs. Blue narrowed his eyes, curse would make even a single hit KO Eevee.

‘This is going to be close...’ Blue turned his attention back to Eevee as she charged right for Rhydon’s gut, hurting herself in the process as she bounced back, and flashed her tail once more. Rhydon winced in pain, and scratched the back of his head, and growled softly as the blush returned.

“Rock slide,” came the command from Giovanni as he got Rhydon’s attention. Rhydon turned to look at Eevee, and battled with his newfound love and his duty. Turning away, he could not convince himself to hurt her. As Eevee charged forward and bit down on Rhydon’s leg, he roared in pain and leaned down to the ground, picking up a large piece of the ground. Breaking it up, he then threw it at Eevee, who managed to dodge it, and launch another bite before once more leaping away.

Rhydon roared once more, and lifted his foot up to launch another earthquake as Eevee once more tackled him in the chest. His earthquake hit, and Eevee was sent flying, landing with a large and loud thunk. It was a few moments before Eevee finally stood up, barely on her feet. Rhydon felt his blush return, and felt his desire to hurt his opponent vanish.

Blue watched Eevee slowly crawl to Rhydon, biting his lip. While it pained him to do so, he could not interfere. Both pokemon were low. Rhydon might not feel the small scrapes and bruises until they hit too many, but if Eevee could just land one more hit it should-

“Crud,” he clenched his fingers as he saw Eevee be picked up by the limping Rhydon, and brought into a choking hug. Eevee cried out as pain lanced through her body, eyes closed as the breath was forced out of her body. Managing to open one eyes a sliver, she opened her mouth and glanced to Blue as she managed to bite down. Rhydon dropped her and backed away, giving a roar of pain as the bites and bruises began to add up. Eevee fell to the ground, barely conscious, and only a sliver of an eye open to prove it.

Rhydon stumbled backwards as the pain began to register, and stepped on a rock, causing him to topple over. As he hit the ground, he groaned and layed there for a moment, before closing his eyes and beginning to snore. There was a brief lul in the fight, and Blue sighed with relief. Pulling out his potion, he tossed it directly at Eevee, where it shattered near her face. Licking up the substance, Eevee quickly recovered all her strength, and stood up, stretching up and giving a single huff.

Eevee then proceeded to take advantage of Rhydon’s moment of absence by launching into one take down after another. Blue saw Giovanni momentarily glance to his bag, and quickly deduced he had no awakenings. Forcing himself not to smile, he counted his blessings as they arrived.

Each attack took more out of Rhydon than Eevee had been able to do before, and she quickly regained the ground she had lost. As Rhydon jerked awake, he roared and stood up, furious beyond measure. Swiping at Eevee, he caught a glimpse of her and stopped mid swing. Eevee continued gaining ground.

Finally, as Rhydon could not bring himself to hurt Eevee, he surcumbed to his injuries and fell once more. Eevee licked herself clean before heading back to Blue, who sighed silently in relief. Eevee was always too confident in her attract ability, it often led to problems. Blue was just lucky he knew the final attack was rest.

“I guess I should start taking this seriously then.” Giovanni returned Rhydon with a flick of his wrist, and pulled out another pokeball, tossing it onto the field. Blue took one glance at the shape forming, and quickly switched his hand to a different pokemon, tossing it out shortly after Giovanni’s.

Giovanni’s Charizard was a fearsome beast, bigger than even Red’s. With pitch black scales and a bright blue flame, this pokemon’s aggression was only matched by its rarity. Blue glanced to his Gyarados as he unwound his snake-like body and gave a heaving roar to the sky, floating slightly off the ground. Both pokemon turned to look at each other, and the fight begun in an instant.

Charizard smashed into the ground, pulling up a large rock before taking to the sky and dodging an all out charge from Gyarados, who had a shining shield around his body. Tossing it downward, the rock hit Gyarados, causing him to flinch and barely dodge an earthquake aimed at the ground while he was touching it.

Gyarados breathed in and fired a torrent of water at Charizard, who flew out of the way, barely missing his tail in the Hydro Pump. Taking the moment, Charizard gave a roar, and began to beat on his stomach, causing his body to tighten up and his muscles to bulge. Giovanni smiled, it was time to begin the counter attack.

Leaping to the ground, Charizard pulled off another section of the earth, and flung it at Gyarados. It hit, and Gyarados fell to the ground, in serious pain. Charging up his whiskers, Gyarados fired a bolt of lightning at Charizard, who cried out in pain as his muscles spasmed. The two pokemon growled, and continued their assaults.

“You know, I can’t help but wonder something Blue.” Giovanni pulled a hand to his chin and his expression changed from focussed to thoughtful. Both Lyra and Blue glanced to him before returning their attention to the fight. Giovanni was starting to sound like a broken record, he would have to do-

“I find it peculiar that is is your Grandfather and Mother that raised you, and I can find no mention of your father anywhere.” Giovanni turned his attention away from the fight as his Charizard struck the finishing blow, ending the battle and returning to Giovanni’s side to be healed. Blue returned his pokemon, and chose his next one, not saying a single word.

“Hrm, it seems you do not wish to talk about it. Perhaps you aren’t interested in discovering who he was.” Giovanni watched as Blue’s Dragonite was released, and once more returned his attention away from the fight. Both pokemon glanced to their trainers, sensing something amiss between them.

“Oh please Giovanni, you’re not going to say you’re my father or some garbage like that are you?” Blue rolled his eyes and gave a laugh, Giovanni was a fool if he thought he’d fall for that. Turning to his Dragonite, who was similar to Charizard in appearance but a bit more round and less rough and colored in a very light orange.

“Of course I’m not, I have a son.” Giovanni growled and motioned to Charizard, who gave a roar as both pokemon leaped into the air. Charizard fired a 5 pointed flame star at Dragonite, who absorbed the hit as if it was nothing, charging at Charizard and punching him in the gut.

“Then why are you trying so hard to adopt me Giovanni,” countered Blue. Charizard once more fired a blast of fire at Dragonite, who countered with a beam of ice, sending a cascade of rain down onto the field. Landing, Charizard launched more land at Dragonite, who charged forward, dodging it, and dive bombed Charizard into the ground.

“Oh don’t flatter yourself Blue, if I was going to adopt I’d adopt the winner.” Giovanni frowned as he watched the fight, Charizard slowly being backed into a corner, it would be his loss. Turning back to Blue, he quickly returned to his task. Blue glanced to Giovanni before returning his concentration back to the fight.

“Surely you are aware of the fact Mewtwo has cameras by now Blue. Did you not think about what I might have recorded in his ears, or seen through his eyes?” Giovanni watched his Charizard cry out, and faint in one final attack from Dragonite. Returning his Charizard, he reached for his next pokemon.

“Your mother has a nasty habit of talking her concerns to your pokemon when you’re away on an errand.” Giovanni tossed the ball, releasing his own Dragonite. Blue had searched many times for the rare pokemon that were differently colored, however he hadn’t found one he could use in his proper battles. It irked him how Giovanni had not only found one, but two of them.

Both pokemon looked to each other, and instantly launched into moves. Each one perfectly mirrored the other, their only difference being coloring. It would be a close battle, and the outcome would be decided by the trainer’s quick thinking that-

“I’m not interested Giovanni, take your offer elsewhere. I’m trying to have a pokemon battle here.” Blue watched the two pokemon dart around the clearing, and he looked for any opening he could use. When two pokemon with the same moveset went against each other it was the trainers that were in charge of changing that balance.

“My mistake then, Ice beam.” Giovanni pointed into the sky and shouted to his Dragonite as an opening formed, which was obeyed without hesitation. Blue’s Dragonite cried out in slight pain as ice crusted over his wing, and sent him crashing into the ground. Blue cursed his rotten luck, and shouted his own order.

“Dynamic Punch!” Dragonite obeyed Blue without question, and punched directly upward as Giovanni’s pokemon tried to Body Slam him. Both attacks met, and Giovanni’s Dragonite flew backwards, having lost the encounter. Blue pointed ahead, beaming a smile as he pushed his advantage.

“Body Slam.” Blue watched the attack hit, and saw Giovanni’s Dragonite faint soon after. Counting his victories, he has just two more pokemon to defeat. Healing his Dragonite, his smile vanished soon after. There might be two pokemon left, but those two pokemon were…




Erupting from the ball in a burst of pure light, Blue blinked the spots away from his eyes in time to see the legendary bird erupt into a rainbow of color before launching immediately into its offensive. A bright blue flame erupted from it’s mouth and hit Dragonite, who was unprepared for such a fast offensive. Ignoring the burns, Dragonite launched into a punch, which Ho oh expertly dodged before sending an orb of pitch black shadow at Dragonite, who leapt into the air to dodge it. Both pokemon raised their heads and roared to the sky. Clouds rumbled, and two bolts, one larger than the other, came down from the sky. The larger one missed Ho oh barely, whereas the smaller one hit Dragonite, dealing a significant amount of damage.

Ho oh dodged a charge with a single flap, but was unprepared as Dragonite launched right into an ice beam, hitting Ho oh on the wing, freezing it. Falling to the ground, the ice shattered, leaving Ho oh grounded for the remainder of the fight. Ho oh raised its uninjured wing and cried to the heavens, splitting the clouds and casting a ray of sunshine in a circle around it.

In an instant, Ho oh was completely healed of injuries and once more charging a fire attack at Dragonite. Dragonite barely dodged it, charging forward to body slam Ho oh, but missed as it took to the sky and fired a Shadow Ball at it’s feet, hitting Dragonite in the back. Dragonite whirled around and punched upward, launching Ho oh into the sky, leaping after it, Dragonite charged another Thunder, once more sending the clearing full of clouds. Ho oh shrieked in pain, unable to dodge it, and launching another flame at Dragonite, who wasn’t able to dodge it. Dragonite charged for Ho oh, who fired a bolt of lightning at the pokemon. Dragonite attempted to dodge, but failed to do so, and cried out in pain, before coming to a halt in the sky.

Everything was silent for a moment, the scene almost at a pause. However, gravity soon started working and Dragonite fell to the ground, defeated. Ho oh returned to Giovanni and healed itself with a ray of sunshine while Giovanni watched on. Blue returned his Dragonite and sighed, letting concern enter his face for a brief moment.

‘With that thunderbolt it would be useless sending in Pidgeot. But I can’t send out Mewtwo just yet, he’s my ace and with that shadow ball...’ Blue glanced down at the pokeball in his hand, his frown deepening as he considered his options.

“What’s wrong Blue, realising the futility of your situation?” Giovanni decided to sneak in a casual comment, trying to rush this along. Glancing to the sky, he knew they did not have much time left, and he did not want Red appearing when he could not use his bait. Blue glanced to his pokeball, and once more concern appeared on his face. A lot was riding on this battle, on Mewtwo.

“Blue, don’t forget I’m here.” Jumping slightly, Blue turned his head to Lyra, as if just remembering she was there. Blinking out of his daze he glanced to Ho oh and frowned, contemplating his options. While Pidgeot might not be able to defeat the legendary, if Lyra could just dodge those super effective fire attacks…

“Alright, just be careful,” he responded, putting his Pidgeot back. Lyra trotted onto the field, and trained her eyes on her opponent, blocking out all thoughts as the entered the state she needed to fight at her fullest. This pokemon was a higher level, and that meant she had to put all her energy into dodging. Especially those flame attacks.

“It is so nice to see you admit your pokemon aren’t enough to defeat me.” Giovanni smiled as the battle begun. Lyra quickly grabbed Ho oh in her magic and squeezed, causing very little damage but halting the attack the bird had been about to launch, and slowing down the fight. Ho oh quickly broke free and launched a lightning attack at Lyra, who barely dodged it as she moved into her second attack, forming an orb of black magic on her horn and firing it. Ho oh dodged expertly.

“I guess your team is made of leftovers from what Red didn’t want after all, I doubt you even bother training that garbage.” Giovanni began filing his nails as he payed little attention to the fight, considering it already in the bag. He paused, however, when he saw the pony pokemon lose attention in the fight and open her mouth to shout at him. Ho oh took advantage of this distraction and fired a flame attack at Lyra, who cried out in immense pain.

“Look at that, even your help can’t fight properly.” Giovanni pointed lazily with his file, before returning to his nails, watching as once more the pokemon got distracted and took another hit from Ho oh. Blue narrowed his eyes, and turned his attention toward Lyra, letting a smile fall on his face.

“Hey Lyra, what do you say after we finish here we go and grab a bite to eat?” Blue saw Lyra return her attention toward the fight, dodging an attack as she began to whip up a storm of leaves around her.

“But you hate all the food in Ponyville, you always say it tastes like grass.” Lyra once more used her magic to seal Ho oh, dodging the final fire attack. Flinching as Ho oh tried to fire another one, she smiled as she saw nothing but fumes come out of the mouth. Lyra had seen a pokemon run out of power points only a few times, and her luck had just hit a master stroke.

“Well of course it does, most of it IS grass. I don’t mind your booze though, if you catch my meaning.” Blue smiled, and let out a chuckle as Lyra merely rolled her eyes in response. Giovanni watched this exchange, and put away his file as began to notice something peculiar about the interaction.

“I got a better idea, let’s go to Applejack’s farm and head to the farthest fields and have a picnic, that way there’s no chance of you starting any bar fights, again.” Lyra backflipped out of the way of a Shadow Ball and launched her own, a smile on her face as she imagined the fight that would happen.

“Will there be booze? You know how I am about my diet.” Blue folded his arms, a pleased smile on his face. He closed his eyes and imagined the picnic. Just the two of them, having a moment where he could lower his guard and not worry about who was watching.

“Of course there’s booze Blue, I wouldn’t dare get in the way of your all-booze diet.” Lyra’s tone rose in such a way as to almost sound insulted that he even considered it. Both once more shared a chuckle, and Lyra returned her attention to the fight. Blinking in surprise, she realised, despite the fact one more hit could potentially knock her out, she was winning.

“I think I see the picture now, I will admit I’m quite shocked at you Blue.” Giovanni turned his attention to Blue, actual surprise on his face. Blue glanced to him, and quickly opened his mouth, turning his attention to Lyra as he attempted to talk over Giovanni’s next words.

Lyra-would-picnic-work-must-a pokemon,-sandwiches-are-starving-human.” Blue winced as he saw Lyra turn to Giovanni, forgetting instantly about the fight as she pointed a hoof at him.

“And what does Blue being human have to do with anything?” Lyra leapt out of the way of an attack, growling as Ho oh passed by.

“Surely you want pokemon eggs at the end of your visit to the daycare do you not?” Giovanni smiled, and Blue gritted his teeth and turned his eyes on Lyra as he saw what had happened to him all too often suddenly crash into Lyra.

“You’re in different egg groups you stupid Pokemon, it would never work.” Lyra felt the full force of Ho oh’s shadow ball as she was crushed into the ground by the pokemon’s weight. Falling unconscious, Blue cautiously glanced to Ho oh as it once more returned to Giovanni, before heading over and using a full restore on Lyra.

“Are you ok?” Blue watched Lyra open her eyes and sit up, rubbing her forehead with her hoof.

“Of course I am, I just got slammed into the ground by a something-hundred-pound pokemon, why do you ask?” Lyra stood up and followed Blue off the field that had formed from the pokemon fighting. He glanced to her and frowned.

“You know that’s not what I meant.” Blue turned around to face Giovanni again and cupped his final pokemon, giving a sigh. He had hoped he could have taken out Ho oh without Mewtwo, but it wasn’t meant to be.

“What, you mean what he said? Of course I am, what he says means squat to me. I uh-,” Lyra scratched the back of her head, “Sorry about letting it distract me.” Blue glanced to her, and returned to his trademark smirk, letting his own concerns be pushed back for the moment. If Lyra wanted to talk about it later, he would.

“S’cool, you did your best.” Blue tossed the pokeball, releasing Mewtwo and feeling a weight building on his chest. If Mewtwo couldn’t defeat these two pokemon, then he really was the worst trainer in history.

Your concern is unfounded, this bird is not even worth 60 seconds.’ Mewtwo rocketed forward, appearing to vanish into thin air to all three watching. Blue blinked as Mewtwo appeared right next to Ho oh, and punched it straight into the ground with a fist sparkling with electricity. Ho oh smashed straight into the ground, and turned it’s rage on Mewtwo.

Blue’s eyes widened as he watched Mewtwo end the fight in exactly 59 seconds, and walk back to his side. Lyra glared at Mewtwo with anger for showing her up, and Blue smiled awkwardly as he imagined the discussion that would happen when they weren’t fighting to save Green.

“So the final fight comes down to this, I guess it is rather fitting isn’t it?” Giovanni pulled out his final pokemon, tossing it into the air and releasing a small pokemon, roughly ¼ the size of a human.

Mew launched into a dance immediately, swords appearing around it like magic before vanishing. Mewtwo launched a Shadow Ball, but Mew dodged it and quickly launched her own in retaliation. Bouncing into the air, Mew flew toward Mewtwo and lunged at him, who dodged and launched an electric punch at the small pokemon, which hit, sending Mew flying into the ground.

Mew backfliped into the air, tossing a rapidly made Shadow Ball at Mewtwo, who vanished from view and appeared beside Mew, throwing a ball directly in Mew’s face. Mew vanished and appeared behind Mewtwo, grabbing around his stomach and proceeding to roll him across the hazardous terrain, having suffered many pokemon battles to date.

Mewtwo glowed purple, and glanced to Mew who gained the same purple glow, and was flung away from Mewtwo, quickly bouncing back and tossing another Shadow ball. Mewtwo absorbed it and quickly tossed his own, and continued tossing Shadows Ball’s as Mew dodged all but one. Mew cried out, and suddenly a glowing yellow egg appeared out of thin air, which Mew quickly absorbed, healing away all scars.

Both turned to the other, and continued.



Midway through the battle, Charizard appeared overhead and landed in the far side of the clearing, and Red leapt off and returned his pokemon. Blue waved his hand in greeting, keeping his eyes glued to the fight. Giovanni didn't even glance away from the fight.

“Hey Red, you’re back quick.” Lyra trotted over to greed Red, but was surprised when he passed her and headed directly for the fight. He paused, and glanced back to her, before returning his eyes to the fight. Lyra rolled her eyes, but accepted Red’s apology and joined the others in watching the fight.

Suddenly, a bright flash occurred, and all quickly rubbed their eyes, trying to clear the blindness. Blue was the first to see, and as he looked into the arena he blinked, trying to keep the shock from his face.

Mewtwo stood tall and proud, with Mew at his feet.

“I won.” Blue tried to absorb the fact he had won, but found his brain wouldn't accept it. Blue had won many times at the gym, defeating trainers to help them grow before relenting and giving them a hard won victory, but this was the first time he was surprised he had won. But he knew he had to win this battle, so why had he not expected it?

Giovanni growled in annoyance, before shrugging in indifference and walking over to them. When this was over, he would have the final say, he would make sure of it. Blue might have hidden his ability well, but Mewtwo had seen it in action, and that meant Giovanni had also seen it.

Lyra grabbed Blue’s hand and shook it heartily, congratulating him. Choosing to ignore the surprised expression on Blue’s face, she instead spoke of how she liked his underdog victory, as if he had planned it.

Red merely blinked.

Blue shook his head, and turned his attention to Giovanni as he approached, undoing the bonds on Green as he came to stand beside them. Green rushed to Red, hugging him and saying how great it was to see him. Green hated the fact she had been a ‘damsel’ and swore to herself in the next battle she would not allow herself to be so useless.

“Yes Blue, against all odds, you won the battle.” Giovanni held out the rope, which Blue took, and then his hands. As they were bound, Giovanni thought about his next course of action. He had hoped it would not come to this, but such was the way of final plans.

Blue’s face was emotionless for a moment longer as he finished tying up Giovanni and turned to look at everyone.

And then he smirked.

“Well of course I did, I’m just that awesome.” Lyra chuckled, rolling her eyes, and Green gave a warm smile. However both faded as they saw Red step forward and stand eye to eye with Blue.


Red pulled off his cap.









And placed it on Blue’s head, giving a smile meant only for Blue.

“Welcome back.”


Red walked past Blue, summoned his Charizard, and took to the sky.

PreviousChapters Next