• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,646 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,646

PreviousChapters Next
A quiet discussion followed the next morning.

Blue bit down on his bread, watching the exchange in front of him. After a restful night, Lyra was once again back and actively trying to get Red to react. Swallowing and taking another bite, he supposed he could relate, it was a decent way to pass the time. But Blue’s main problem with it was the reaction of Green.

Green was watching the exchange with a glare in her eyes, chewing her food as if it needed to be taught a lesson. Lyra failed to notice it, even as she pushed herself in front of Red, moving the chair away from his food, and began using her hooves to make him smile.

“Come on Reeed, just one tiny smile?” Lyra was dismayed when Red chose to ignore her to eat his food, sparing a glance at Blue. Blue smirked, and tried to hide his laughter as he stood up, finishing his bread quickly.

“Lyra Lyra Lyra, how you fail to understand the enigma that is Red.” Blue pulled Lyra away, turning her around by his arm that was wrapped around her neck. Gesturing to the window, he made a small waving motion.

“You see Lyra, if he did as you said, he would lose hold of his enigma-ness,” he spoke, letting fake awe into his voice. Lyra let her eyes sparkle, playing along, even emitting a ‘whoa’ in response. Blue straightened up, and stepped away from Lyra.

“And that’s where eggs come from,” he spoke, grabbing another piece of bread. Lyra blinked, and turned on him in utter confusion.

“Wait, what?” It wasn’t until Blue turned, and snorted, mouth full of food, that her confusion turned to a casual roll of her eyes.

“You heard me,” he replied, finishing the food. Sitting back down, Lyra followed suit, digging into her own food, occasionally making a quip, which Blue would answer back eagerly. As they ate, Blue spared a glance to Green, who had just finished her food and was looking at her plate. With a small mutter of going to get some air, she walked out, heading for the closest exit to outside. Blue stood up and glanced to Red, giving a smirk.

“Try not to burn the place down by smiling while I’m gone Red.” Blue glanced to Lyra, and his smile grew as he saw the dangerous glint of an idea in her head. Turning, he felt the Red’s eyes on his back as he made a beeline for where Green had gone.

Turning the corner, he found Green looking at a garden she had found, looking for a chair to sit down in. As Blue approached, she turned and noticed one near the wall, overlooking a nearby pond. They both sat down, and looked at some duck Pokémon in the water.

“You really like him don’t you,” he spoke softly, looking at the water and the water alone. Green winced, and looked to Blue, before turning back to the water and giving a sigh.

“Is it that obvious?” As they sat, Green began to rub her arms out of habit. After going up a certain mountain enough times, she had come to find she rubbed them to get warm almost subconsciously, even when it wasn’t that cold. If Blue noticed it, he gave no outward sign.

“Extremely. If those two weren’t so one-track minded, they would have noticed long ago.” Looking to the sky, Blue wondered if there was going to be a storm today. However, as he saw the sky was completely clear of clouds, he realised that there would be no rain for quite some time. Turning back to Green, he saw her slouch, and look to the ground at her feet.

“You know Lyra likes Red too,” he spoke, watching her flinch and recoil. Turning to face Blue, Green grabbed him by the shoulder and pointed in the direction of the breakfast table.

“But she’s a Pokémon!” Green blinked as Blue gently reached up, and pulled her hand off his shoulder. Underneath his clothes, there were marks where she had been gripping him.

“Not in this world, she isn’t.” Blue closed his eyes, and let Green’s hand fall, before leaning back and looking to the sky once more. Green stood up and leaned over, looking him directly in the eyes, concern radiating from her bright blue eyes.

“You better tell him, before Lyra does,” finished Blue, standing up slowly as Green stepped back. Looking to the breakfast table, Green sighed and turned back to Blue.

“Ok, I will do it as soon as I get him alone, think you could distract Lyra?” Green smiled brightly as Blue gave a small nod, letting a sad smile slip onto his face. Green failed to notice as she left, too focused on her goal. She also missed the fact Blue did not follow right away. Instead, he walked toward the wall and gently rested his head against it. Giving a sigh, he closed his eyes, and punched the wall, making sure not to do it too hard and hurt himself.

“Just great Blue, you had to go and say it, why not buy her a wedding ring while you’re at it.” Blue leaned back, and gently hit his head against the wall once more, giving a sigh. A chuckle escaped his lips, and he bit his lip before commenting.

“Once again, you’ve beaten me Red. Once more, I’m just second place…”


When Blue arrived at the table, he saw Green had brightened considerably, and let a casual smirk fall on his face. Looking to Lyra, he noticed she had been talking to Red about if she could go to Ponyville and see Bon Bon. Red sat there, silent and quiet. However, all three could see his disagreement, by the simple tilt of the eyebrows into a very small, and barely noticeable frown.

“I know we can’t run into out doubles and all that, but surely I can sneak around to Bon bon’s. I haven’t seen her in four years! And my parents live close by, I just want to see how my family is doing. You never let me do anything!” Lyra stomped the table with a hoof, and all four blinked as it tilted nearly 90 degrees, sending the food at the nearby wall. Lyra stepped back, and the table fell back down with a solid thunk.

“Oops,” she apologised, gaining an eye roll from Blue. Motioning to her, he headed for the guard, Lyra following behind. Blue noticed Red following them with his eyes, but ignored him. If he wanted to glare at them for a small mistake, and a little homesickness, he could stare all he wanted. Blue didn’t care anymore.

“Yo guard, where’s some cleaning stuff, and the maids to use it.” While Blue waited, he looked down to Lyra who was staring at her feet, and rolled his eyes. Of course she hadn’t realised the table would flip, houses in the Pokémon world had to be built much sturdier, and tables were often superglued to the floor. Even then, they still had to replace items with a monthly regularity.

The guard nodded and motioned to the door, indicating they should follow. As they left, Blue let his smile fall for a moment, before forcing it back on his face, and looking to Lyra as she spoke.

“So, you think Green will go for it this time?” Lyra looked toward the guard as they walked, a sad tilt to the smile on her face. Blue followed her example, and rolled his eyes.

“Who knows, I’m surprised you knew.” Blue saw Lyra look to him, eyes speaking of how much she actually knew. He turned away, keeping the smile on his face despite how he actually felt. They made it to the supply cabinet, and the guard instructed them on proper cleaning etiquette, before beginning the return journey.

“I think after four years I can tell when something is staring daggers at me from behind my back.” Thinking back on it, a proper smile fell on her face for a moment, falling swiftly a moment later as she turned to Blue.

“I can’t imagine how much this is hurting you.” Watching Blue flinch, Lyra took a step closer, letting her body brush up against his as he tried to keep up his façade of being fine with the current turn of events.

“Me? Hurt? Nah, I’ve lost far worse to Red before. Besides, there’s always another girl in another town.” Blue looked away from Lyra, and rubbed his face vigorously. After a few moments, he turned back and gave his trademark smile, even if it looked fake. Lyra smiled back, and let him be, turning and entering the room. Blue followed a moment later, and instantly stopped in his tracks.

Lyra could only watch as Blue’s eyes widened, his mouth falling open, his hands going limp. Backing out of the room, he turned a corner and grabbed onto the wall, covering his face with his hand and forcing himself to stay standing. Feeling Lyra gently nudge him, he let her gently slide up beside him as he tried to compose himself. Eventually, he couldn’t stop himself from falling to his knees, and he felt Lyra put two hooves around him, letting him hide his face behind his hand.

It didn’t take him long to stand back up, and glance to the guard, and ask where the nearest toilet was. As he entered, he barely registered Lyra as she stopped and waited at the door. Blue washed his face, and held the sink with an iron grip. Looking at himself, he took a slow breath and stood up, exiting the toilet. Lyra followed him back to the breakfast room, and they both entered and greeted Red and Green as they quietly looked at each other, holding hands, not even seeing them enter.

“What do ya say we get a tour of this town? I want to find out if they sell some strong booze.”

PreviousChapters Next