• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,646 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,646

PreviousChapters Next
Followed by a tour of the city.

While their main goal was a never-ending supply of cider, Blue was also curious about how this world differed from his own. During his time in Ponyville in his last visit, he hadn’t had a chance to really see this culture as it went about its daily life. If it hadn’t been Red being moody, it had been himself causing problems. Then there were times a strange pink pony had dragged them around under the pretense of a party. Blue shuddered, if he ever met that pony again, it would be too soon.

“Over there are the clothes stores, I doubt they have anything for you, being that we are a pony based society for the most part,” spoke Lyra, motioning down a side street lined with various stores. Blue noticed Green pass it a curious glance, before returning her attention to Lyra.

“Over that way is mostly residential, however there are a few general stores, and you can often buy lemonade there too.” Lyra smiled to herself, taking in the city as old memories sprung to mind. Even though she had been to Canterlot quite a few times in her life before she had joined up with Red, it was still a little head-spinning how little had changed. She knew why it hadn’t of course, but the side effects of time travel still hadn’t worn off.

“Is that a scarf store?” Green’s voice interrupted the tour, and Lyra turned and gave a hesitant nod. Watching Green eye the store, and then look to her purse and realise she probably didn’t have this world’s money, not to mention how they would react to her entering, she frowned, biting her lip. Lyra pulled out a few gold coins and tossed them to Green.

“You’re lucky I kept my money from when I lived in this world, have fun.” Watching as the human skipped toward the store, sparkles in her eyes, Lyra could only roll her eyes, turning and holding out money for the two remaining humans. After they took the money, she pointed to a nearby fountain.

“I’ll meet you there in an hour, and if you get lost just head for the castle.” Watching as both nodded, Lyra turned and headed toward a hairdresser, aiming to get a hair trim and make herself less looking like a wild animal. Red watched her go, before looking in the direction of the fountain, and walking away to find a seat. Blue thought about the fact separating was probably a bad move, but shrugged it off as he headed for an ice cream stand. He knew the others could handle themselves if something happened, there was no need to worry.

“Help! I’m being robbed!” Turning in the direction of the voice, Blue saw a pony clutching a purse in her mouth as she wrestled with a unicorn who had a mask over his head. Looking around, Blue noticed the sudden absence of anyone on the street, and sighed to himself. Jogging over, he saw the purse be torn away by the unicorn just as he managed to grab the pony before it could make an escape.

“Hey,” he began, the pony turning and going white at the sight of him. The purse was dropped. Letting the unicorn go, he was quick to run away, wide eyed and shouting about a monster. Blue picked up the purse, and turned to hand it to the other pony. However, the other pony was cowering in fear in front of him, completely frozen in place. Sighing, he placed the purse down, and walked in the direction he had seen the ice cream shop.

Grabbing himself some chocolate, Blue headed for the nearest park area, not realising he was going further away from the meeting point, not toward. Sitting down, he ate the ice cream without any emotion, lost in his thoughts. As he finished the ice cream, he changed his view to that of a small pony playing with a ball, he assumed it was a kid. After a kick, the ball rolled in his direction, and with a quick movement of his foot, he kicked it directly back to the kid, who was looking at him with awe.

After a few moments of staring at Blue, the kid kicked the ball back to Blue, who grunted and kicked it back. As the ball came back to Blue one more time, he stopped it with his foot and stood up. If the kid wanted to play, he wasn’t one to deny a challenge. Their eyes met, and Blue let a smirk fall on his face as he kicked it to the kid. Blue would later tell everyone he had fought, and won, against an entire team of ponies. No one believed him, but they never called him out on it. After the kid finally missed, he walked over and opened his mouth to speak.

“Are you a monster?” The kid seemed more curious then frightened by the unknown, and Blue had to suppress a smile. Even if the adults fled in fright, it was always the kids that faced the unknown. Giving a small laugh, he thought about all kids leaving to become trainers at ten years old.

“In a sense, I’m what’s called a human. We’re ferocious beings that can never be tamed by you pesky ponies!” Blue raised his fist and made a motion at the sky, before snorting and looking to see if the kid was buying this. To his surprise, and dismay, he was.

“Woooah, show me! Show me!” The kid jumped up and down, and Blue rolled his eyes. Standing up, he pulled out a Pokéball and sent out his Eevee, getting another ‘woooah’ from the kid.

He’d be lying if he said he didn’t like the attention.

“Eevee, show the kid how strong you are, without causing any damage to the town if possible.” Blue was sure Eevee would know that already, but with Pokémon it never hurt to clarify. Sometimes they might take a simple command as ‘could you go get some water’ as ‘use water gun.’

Eevee looked to the kid's ball, and bounced over, the kid taking some exited steps back. Aiming the ball with careful eyes, Eevee turned and kicked the ball with as much strength as she could muster, sending the ball rocketing into the sky, leaving a small star as it vanished over the horizon.

This ball would land in a forest some distance away, startling a group of Chimera who had been hunting close to the edge, who then began to stampede toward a town nearby.

“My ball!” The kid’s dismay caused Blue to blink and pull out the money Lyra had given him, what remained anyways.

“Jeez, sorry kid. How about I give you enough to buy two balls to replace the one I lost?” Blue held out what he hoped would be enough, which was actually enough for 20, and the kid took the money, wiping away the tears. Giving Blue a smile, he was instantly happy.

“Thanks monster. But I gotta go now, I got school today.” The kid waved to Blue, before heading down a street. Standing up, and returning Eevee, Blue looked around and wondered how he would get back to the castle. Looking toward it, he wondered what was the path to get there, completely ignoring what looked like the path toward it.

“Tch, if only I had a map, this would be so much easier.” Blue decided, with no other options, to just follow the road that led toward the castle, hoping it would be as simple as following it. However, when the road ended in a dead end, eye twitching, he walked back onto the main road and released his Pidgeot, and took to the sky.

Landing at the front of the road that connected with the palace, returning his Pokémon, he found the three already waiting for him.

“Blue, your sense of direction is horrible, only you would get lost like that.” Green glanced to Lyra, who smirked in agreement. Red stood nearby, looking out over the city.

“Yeah yeah, shut it already. I want to tell you about the team of ponies I completely decimated in a match of ‘keep the ball from the goal.’ I am just that good.” As Blue boasted, the two rolled their eyes and headed inside, meeting the guard at the entrance. Red followed behind Blue, who felt those knowing eyes on his back as they headed to meet with the Princess.

“So what exactly do you think the legendary wants to talk about? Maybe she’s found a lead for us.” Lyra glanced to Blue, who mused for a moment and shook his head.

“I doubt it, if it was that important surely she would have insisted we get back here asap.” Blue looked to the sky and noticed a weird cloud movement in one direction, and recalled the weird rain that had plagued Ponyville while he had been there.

“But what if she doesn’t think it’s important, and us being so slow to arrive will increase the chance Giovanni wins?” Lyra glanced to the guards, who looked relaxed, but ready for action. If someone did attack, they would have trouble recovering from the first strike.

“If it happens, it happens, we’re not going to lose, especially not me, Blue.” Blue smirked, and watched as Lyra rolled her eyes and turned away. Looking up at the entrance, he let his smile fall slightly. They both knew who he really meant, but neither was going to say it.

As he watched Green, she glanced back and motioned to Red to stand beside her. Blue looked to the garden and wondered what he should call those Pokémon in the lake. They were duck Pokémon, but they didn’t look psychic or flying. In fact, they looked very normal. Would normal water work?

“Blue, look out.” Turning his head he realised all three had turned a corner just as he smacked head first into a wall. Stepping back, he rubbed his face and looked to Lyra, who had tried to warn him, and growled at her.

“This is your fault, you could have warned me sooner.” Blue’s annoyance grew when she simply smirked and followed Red and Green down the corridor.

“But then I wouldn’t have been able to see the great Blue in action.” Giving a chuckle, she glanced back at Blue, who glared at her in response. After a moment he started walking, following them as they headed for the legendary.

He needed to stop running into walls.

PreviousChapters Next