• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,646 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,646

PreviousChapters Next
And a distraction begin to form.

Waking up the next morning, Blue raised his head and glanced to the sun. Giving a rough estimate, it was about an hour or two after it had risen Glancing toward the others, he saw that his Arcanine was still bright and alert, despite being awake half the night. Red’s Growlithe had taken the first half. Glancing over to the sleeping forms of his friends, and Giovanni, he saw none were awake as of yet, however Red was starting to stir.

Standing up, Blue carefully made his way into the forest surrounding the clearing, being extra careful to avoid the duplication pool in the middle. After collecting a fair amount of sticks and twigs, he walked back and cleared a space as he placed them down to make a fire, leaving a few sturdy twigs to the side.. Blue glanced to Arcanine, who let out a short puff of flame, instantly lighting the fire.

Blue pulled off his backpack, and pulled out a small container that was full of fresh vegetables, kept separate from his pokemon supplies. Rummaging around a small pocket hidden on the back of the bag, Blue pulled out a small, clear bag of salt, and placed it nearby. Finally, Blue found a nice flat rock, and placed it in the middle of the fire, waiting for it to heat up.

Glancing behind him, Blue saw further movement as Red slowly rose, looking toward him before glancing to the sky, as Blue had done. Turning back to the fire, Blue gently placed the vegetables on the rock, satisfied to hear a sizzling sound. Pulling out two pinches of salt, he sprinkled them on the vegetables, before putting the salt away. It was not long before the smell of roasted vegetables roused the other’s.

Blue waited a little longer before picking up his stick, and poking one of the vegetables. Seeing it was hard on the outside, he poked the stick through it and brought it off of the rock, cooling it off with his mouth, before giving it a tentative bite. Satisfied it was cooked correctly, he turned toward the others.

“Breakfast’s done, helps yourself.” Blue stood up and stepped back, Red moving forward to take a stick and poke it through one of the vegetables. Green followed closely behind, rubbing her eyes as she stifled a yawn. Giovanni managed to pull himself into a sitting position, but was unable to move and obtain some, even if he had been allowed.

“Mmm, Blue you know how to cook them just riiight.” Lyra took one with her magic, swallowing it within a few bites. Blue walked back toward the rock, and picked up the remaining vegetable with his stick, turning and walking toward Giovanni.

“Here.” Blue had no trouble masking his emotions because he had none about the matter. It would be wrong to let Giovanni starve, that was all there was on the matter. Giovanni finished it off quickly, not wanting to extend the time they interacted any more than Blue. As Blue turned away to rejoin the others, Giovanni opened his mouth to let out one final quip.

“Why thank you, Blue.” The way Giovanni said it was enough to send a shiver down Blue’s spine, but he held it in. It was what Giovanni wanted, and Blue was not about to give it to him.

“So, we ready to head out?” Blue glanced to all three, who each nodded in turn. Pulling Giovanni to his feet, Blue waited for Arcanine to find the scent once more. Once finding it, she began to walk in the direction the scent was leading, pausing to glance back and make sure they were following.

Lyra walked beside Arcanine, muttering to herself about something Blue couldn’t hear from where he was walking. It sounded like she was highly irritated about it. Red and Green were walking slightly behind Lyra, holding hands as Green talked to Red. Blue walked beside Giovanni, pushing him every now and then as he tried to dawdle behind the others.

“You know, I can’t help but wonder how one who has your...talent with pokemon is always stuck second to Red. I can’t help but wonder if he too possesses some ability that is far greater than your own.” Giovanni didn’t attempt to hide his true intentions, and Blue would have seen through them even if he hadn’t. He was trying to goad Blue into action.

“That’s none of your business.” Blue was tired of Giovanni, and he was tired of the whole Giovanni situation. If it wasn’t manipulation, it was stealing a device to try and take control of an entirely different world. Why should he have to deal with it? That was Red’s job. Although, to be fair, it was kinda his fault Red had to deal with it.

“I see, I see. It seems you had some sort of breakthrough then, maybe you found something you had beaten Red at?” Giovanni’s tone suggested he knew more than he was letting on, and Blue found it harder and harder to just keep his eyes forward, finding a special section between Giovanni and Red where he could look at neither of them.

“Seems like it,” he replied nonchalantly. Blue wanted to narrow his eyes at Giovanni, and ask where he was going with this, but that would just egg him on. Blue had always wondered how Giovanni had known so much about his life in the first place. Had he met him once while at a meeting with his grandfather?

“Would this breakthrough happen to have anything to do with my Mewtwo, who just so happens to be currently in your possession?” Giovanni’s smile grew as he saw the pause in Blue’s step. He continued without missing a beat, but the pause had been there.

“I don’t see how that is any of your business.” Blue tried to keep the closely-guarded tone out of his voice, aiming for the same nonchalant tone he had used for the question about Red.

“Ah yes, that is true. I am just so glad to hear you are proud to have defeated a weakened pokemon” Giovanni stopped walking a step after Blue did. It was all quiet for a moment, the only sounds coming from the others as they slowly got farther and farther away.

“How do you know about my fight with Mewtwo in the first place?” Blue turned to face Giovanni, eyes narrowing to pinpricks.

“Do you really think I would let the first man-made pokemon roam free without some sort of surveillance?” Giovanni's words made sense, and as much as Blue hated to admit it, he wasn’t much of a liar.

“I defeated Mewtwo with all of my power, at his full power.” Blue was certain of this fact. It had been a tough battle, too tough to be him already weakened.

“That is where you are wrong. I have video recordings of your battle, showing the vitals of Mewtwo before you battle, which happened shortly after Red’s.” Giovanni motioned to his pocket, and Blue reached in and pulled out a small device, listing Mewtwo’s vitals as well as a current feed of what Mewtwo was seeing. Blue entered the date and time of his battle, and rewound it until he found the end of Red’s battle with Mewtwo.

The battle had ended with little trouble, Red being the obvious victor. Red glanced down at MewTwo, before pulling out a ball and releasing a pokemon which knew dig, and vanishing into a hole that quickly caved in behind them. Blue saw the vitals recover so they were about 50% of their max, and saw himself enter. Blue slipped the device back into Giovanni’s pocket, and sighed.

“What are you getting at Giovanni? That I need Red to hold my hand to defeat a legendary?” Blue rubbed his forehead, feeling a weight he had thought gone slowly rest on his shoulders again. When this was over, he was going to need a vacation. A fair distance ahead, the other’s paused, as if realising they were gone.

“No no, it is actually something quite different. Tell me something Blue, what would have happened if Mewtwo had already been captured by Red?” Giovanni noticed Red coming toward them, taking a step slightly to the right so that Blue was less likely to notice Red coming.

“I would not have Mewtwo?” Blue frowned as Giovanni moved, but was quickly distracted as his thoughts tried to prepare for whatever bomb Giovanni was preparing to throw.

“And what if Red had not come and taken the Champion title, mere minutes after you received it?” Giovanni saw Red break into a run, as if sensing the conclusion of this talk.

“I would still be Champio-Look what does this have to do with Red defeating Mewtwo before me?” Blue wanted this over and done with. By now the others would have noticed him missing, and were probably on their way back. If Giovanni was done clawing at old wounds he-

“Tell me something Blue. Is there any achievement in your life, that has not been overshadowed by Red? Any moment in which, if Red had decided to do things differently, you would have been better off?” Giovanni smiled, seeing Blue actually pause to think about it. Seeing the frown form on his face, Giovanni continued, leaning in as he spoke.

“I know for a fact Mewtwo is a very high maintenance pokemon, someone a lot of people would have trouble dealing with. So much so, he is often released a week after being captured, despite the trophy he is.” Watching as everything slowly ground to a halt, Giovanni saw a hint of understanding enter Blue’s eyes, and leaned in further, getting eye contact, as he delivered the final blow.

“That’s right Blue! You’re Red’s garbage can! Anything he wants that you have, he takes, and all you get stuck with his leftovers!”

PreviousChapters Next