• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,646 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,646

PreviousChapters Next
And it would happen again.

Red sat down on the floor as the yellow pegasus named Fluttershy brought in a few strange creatures nestled in her hair. A few of them looked familiar, but none he recognised completely. Twilight smiled gently, and turned toward the door.

“I’m going to go check something in my Library. I’ll see you two at the party when Pinkie Pie is ready.” Twilight glanced back to see Red nod, and Fluttershy give her a hesitant wave in farewell. As she left, Fluttershy gently held out a squirrel-type creature, who leapt into Red’s lap and chattered curiously as it glanced upward.

“T-This is a Chipmunk. And this is my pet bunny called Angel.” Fluttershy pulled out a small, long-eared creature and placed him on the ground. The bunny glared at Fluttershy, before turning and fixing Red with the same glare. Red glanced to the bunny before returning his attention to Fluttershy, who as pulling out a third creature.

“This is a Pigeon.” Fluttershy’s stutter cleared up as she began to feel more comfortable around Red, inviting some of the larger animals in as they all began to crowd around Red. If Red was bothered by the amount of creatures around him, he didn’t say anything, and soon Fluttershy was talking about the traits of each creature.

“Bobo really likes massages, and Perrywinkle prefers his grass with a sprinkle of morning dew, and-and Boris here likes his fruit with a hole plucked in it so he can get the juices out easier.” Fluttershy began hovering in the air, pointing to each one of her critter friends as she spoke. Each time she pointed, Red would turn his head to the creature she mentioned before returning his gaze to her.

“Angel! That's just plan mean.” Fluttershy landed and approached Angel who had kicked the Chipmunk off Red’s lap. Gazing up at Red, he thumped his foot a few times and pulled out a piece of paper showing a salad on it. Red looked to the salad, it looked fairly complicated.

“Angel he wouldn’t know how to make that. I promise I will make you one shortly.” Fluttershy flinched, her wings slamming into her sides as Angel fixed her with a glare and crumpled up the paper, tossing it at her head. Red glanced down and fixed his eyes on Angel, who had turned back to him. Blinking, Angel suddenly reared back and leapt into Fluttershy’s hair, peeking out from the folds of her hair. Fluttershy glanced around, all the creatures had withdrawn slightly in that moment.

“U-Uhm it’s fine, he does this all the time. H-He just get’s a little cranky when he misses his afternoon meal.” Fluttershy bowed as she backed away, before realising that Red’s stare wasn’t instilling any sort of fear in her as it had done to Angel a moment ago. Pulling Angel gently out of her hair, she bent down and motioned toward the Chipmunk.

“Go apologise, it was rude of you to kick him off Mr Red’s lap.” Fluttershy watched as Angel grudgingly made his way over and held out a hand. The Chipmunk took it, and all was forgiven. Or at least, that’s how it appeared to Fluttershy. Angel bunny once more leapt onto Red’s lap, and thumped his foot for attention, motioning to his ear.

“He-Uh-He wants you to scratch him behind the ear…” Fluttershy bent low to the ground, wings still glued to her sides. What if Red decided that Angel was a mean animal and decided to take him outside and punish him for his mistreatment of the Chipmunk. Whimpering quietly, she hid her concerns behind her hair as she watched.

Red turned his gaze on the bunny and brought a hand over to gently scratch him behind the ears. The bunny quickly closed his eyes, his foot thumping up and down as the itch behind his ears turned into itchless bliss. Red watched the bunny turn his head so as to move his arm to scratch another itchy spot, and he couldn’t resist it any longer.

A quiet smile broke out on Red’s face.

Fluttershy blinked, eyes widening in shock as her and every animal in the room gaped at the sight before them. It was as if a thousand butterflies were carrying a chariot made of gossamer that was holding the warmest, golden light in existence. This was the kind of light she would fight to protect, as shocking as the thought was to her mind. It was gone a split second later as Red noticed her gaze, and removed his hand from Angel’s head, who glared at him in annoyance.

“Y-You’re smile is so,” whispered Fluttershy as she finally stood up straight, her wings slowly unfolding from her sides as she approached. However, from one look she realised that what she had just witnessed was something she was not to speak of outside the room, and her wings folded once more.

“I-I have a similar power…” Fluttershy glanced away, sitting down as her embarrassment overrode the feeling that had remained after that event. Red’s eyes shifted to her, and she winced slightly as she opened her mouth to quickly explain.

“I-It’s nothing like yours though! A-And I only use it on disobedient animals to stop them from h-hurting themselves!” Fluttershy glanced away, still rapidly talking about how her power was nothing compared to his, and she didn’t notice Red gently take Angel off his lap and crawl toward her before sitting down.

“I-I just thought I s-should m-mention i-it b-because-eep!” Seeing Red was right next to her, her wings went up in fright and she hid under her hooves. After a moment of nothing, she raised one hoof and looked up to Red, who was watching her intently. Was...was that confusion on his face? Fluttershy shook off the thought, of course it wasn’t.

Red lifted a hand, and gently rested it on the timid pony, who flinched at his touch, covering her eyes once more. Slowly and gently, he began to pat her head, which calmed her down quickly. As her wings folded and she once more lifted a hoof to look at him, he moved his hand behind her ear and began to scratch it gently.

Fluttershy slumped as an itch she hadn’t known existed vanished and she felt his hand slowly chase it away. Closing her eyes and removing her hooves from her face, she sighed happily and leaned her head to the side as he slowly worked his way down to the bottom of her neck. Quickly losing track of time, she didn’t even notice as she drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Red stopped shortly after and looked to all the creatures around him, silently blinking as night fell. Some time later, there was a knock at the door, startling Fluttershy out of her sleep. Leaping up, her wings flew open and she opened her eyes wide in fright. Eventually, she realised it was just knocking and folded her wings, leaving Red with the animals and heading toward the door.

“Hey, you’re that uh-Fluttershy?” It was the other male human named Blue, and to his side was Twilight, who was blinking sleep out of her own eyes. Fluttershy could tell she had fallen asleep in a book again. Twilight nodded to Blue, who continued talking.

“Pinkie send me to get ya’s for her party.” Blue glanced to Twilight as she pulled out a map and showed their current location. He frowned slightly, but gave a single nod as she put it away. Fluttershy turned and jumped slightly as she realised Red was already right behind her.

“I’ll b-be there shortly. I-I have to feed the animals first.” Fluttershy backed out of the way as Red excited her home. Saying their farewells, she closed the door behind her and began to feed the animals as she thought back on her evening.

Most importantly, she thought back to that moment she had witnessed the smile.

PreviousChapters Next