• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,646 Views, 329 Comments

My Little Pony: Blue Version - FaelaArts



Three Pokemon trainers crash land in the palace of Celestia, a unicorn in tow.

  • ...
13
 329
 3,646

PreviousChapters Next
Thoughts of time's past on the mind of two people.

It was a bright and sunny day in Pallet town. Rattata and Pidgey were playing in the gardens, and occasionally a Marril or Polywhirl would emerge from the water to bask in the sun. Walking toward the garden, a brown haired, brown eyed kid of five years of age watched the pokemon playing with a beaming smile on his face.

Suddenly, without warning, all the pokemon dived at the kid, who began to play with them, crying out various ‘noooo’s and ‘stop it!’ as they battle fiercely to defeat the trainer, who had no pokemon as of yet to speak of. His laughter could be heard through the town, and acted as a wakeup call for those who had yet to wake.

One such boy, who had black hair and wore a red cap, leaned out of the window to watch the scene, his expression hidden by his cap. Walking down the stairs, he snuck past his mum and headed outside so he could watch it with a better view.

As he gently closed the door, he noticed Professor Oak watching his grandson play, a knowing smile on his face. The professor, seeing that the boy had snuck out, motioned him over to watch the Brown haired boy with him.

“It’s days like this that remind me why I became a pokemon trainer, back in my day.” The professor chuckled as a Pidgey tried to make a nest in the boy’s shirt, who rolled his eyes and took it off to give to the bird. The bird quickly snatched it, and all the pokemon began to lead the boy on a long winded game of tag.

“What are you doing here, listening to me rant about ‘the good ol days’? Go and join him, go on.” Professor oak shuffled the black haired boy after the brown haired one, who slowly walked toward the slowly growing army of pokemon. When he approached, the brown one quickly tried to turn it into a competition of sorts. A few pokemon crowded around the black haired boy, preferring the calm that he held, and the smile that was freely given when he was younger.

It was barely a moment later that their mothers came out, scolding them for their idiocy, and escorting them home for a wash. After breakfast, both were quick to flee the throes of their parents, heading toward the laboratory where the Professor might let them play with the pokemon there, seeing as their mothers would scold them if they caught them playing with the wild pokemon.

It would still be another four years before something would occur that would shatter the lives of five people who lived in Pallet town.


As soon as the sun hit the window, shining on the bed that housed the brown haired, brown eyed kid inside, his eyes opened, a special spark to his eye. Leaping out of the bed, he quickly tossed on some clothes and headed towards the door, opening the freshly oiled hinges, he listened for the sounds that would tell him if his mother was awake.

Hearing nothing, he quickly snuck down the stairs and looked around, finding his mother sleeping at the table. His friend Red had a mother who had a similar problem, but they had never worked out why. It never occurred to them until much later about the fact their houses only contained one room.

Sneaking out the door, he closed it gently and glanced around, seeing the wild pokemon only just beginning to stir. Walking toward Red’s house, he raised his eyes to Red’s window, and wondered if he had remembered what today was. A sleepy head appeared from the window, and Blue had to suppress a laugh at Red’s bed head.

As Red cautiously exited his house, Blue’s exited smile prompted him to return a hesitant one in response. As they slowly walked toward Professor Oak’s lab, Red could see Blue trying hard not to make a comment about it, seeing as he wanted this to be a secret for some reason. However, as soon as they reached the trees behind Professor Oak’s house, Blue was quick to open his mouth.

“Come ooon Red, don’t make me go over this again. You’re not 8 years old anymore! Soon it’ll be our time to get a pokemon!” Blue glared at Red, who glanced toward his house, and bit his lip in response.

“Arrrgh, seriously? Look I told you, Gramps said I’m allowed on the nature track as long as I take someone with me. You are someone, we’re not breaking any rules. Well except the ‘no leaving home without breakfast and a bath’ but come on we always break that one.” Blue rolled his eyes, as if the entire situation was idiotic. Red turned his gaze away from his mother’s house, and heaved a reluctant sigh.

Blue beamed, “great, let’s go.” Turning toward the forest, Blue hugged the back wall of the laboratory until he found the small break in the trees Gramps has shown him. Carefully pulling back the bush, a clear path appeared, completely devoid of any long grass. Red leaned over, his curiosity piqued.

“Let’s go, before they realise we’re gone.”


By midday, the town realised that something was amiss. By now, the two boys would have normally returned for lunch, which was their favorite meal of the day due to the fact it often consisted of cookies. The mother’s were furious, but did not expect anything barring the usual escapades of the two boys.

After an hour of searching the regular hiding spots, anger was quickly turning to concern, and the town began to scour the surrounding area, even going into the route connected to the town. It was another hour still, when the search was beginning to become frantic, that Professor Oak found the two boys collapsed behind his laboratory. A Growlithe had been borrowed from one of the assistants for the job of finding them.

However, as the two mothers rushed to see their kids, all three nearly stopped in their tracks at the sight of blood coming from Blue. Blue was lying on top of Red, who had one of Blue’s arms around his shoulders, as if he had been carrying Blue. Professor Oak was quick to separate the two boys, checking Red for any signs of damage. He wasn’t a doctor, but it seemed Red was just tired, and was uninjured.

Blue on the other hand was bleeding for a deep gash on his shoulder, and Oak gently picked up Blue, motioning for his assistant to pick up Red. Turning to the mother’s, he spoke quickly.

“We’ve got to get them to the pokemon center. It’s not much, but the nearest hospital is over 10 routes away and I don’t have a flying pokemon on me. You can follow us, just don’t fall behind or you’ll run into a pokemon.” Oak didn’t bother checking to see if they understood, turning and nodding to his assistant, who pointed Growlithe in the right direction.

With Growlithe in front attacking any pokemon that initiated a fight, they made it to Viridian city in record time, and quickly dashed for the pokemon center, telling the nurse at the desk the situation. With a concerned nod of her head, she called for another nurse, and they took the two boys into the back part of the center.

It was a long wait, all adults hungry for both answers and news the two were ok. As the nurses came out, their calm faces did a small amount to reassure them. It was the words that followed that made them all sigh with evident relief.

“They are both going to be fine.”


It was a day before Red was cleared to be released, however he decided to stay until Blue was to be released too. Blue’s scar was easily covered by his shirts, but there seemed to be a heavier weight on his chest. The reunion with their family was full of hugs and kisses, until the two made it perfectly clear it was enough. The adults decided it was time to find out what happened.

“I’m sorry.” Blue spoke. No matter how hard they pressed, Blue would only say those two words. They turned to Red, and were frustrated when they could only get a shake of the head as a response. Even threatening to revoke their chance to train pokemon did to gain a response. Eventually, the group headed back to pallet town.

“Professor Oak? Are you going to Johto for a few months?” Perplexed by Blue’s mum’s question, Oak gave a slow nod.

“Could you take Blue with you? It’s time you and Blue had some quality bonding” Blue’s mother was quick to expose her plan, receiving a nod from Red’s mother. It was getting dangerous to leave the two together, they needed some time apart. Maybe then they could get an answer to what had happened. All looked to the two kids, surprised Blue wasn’t even fighting back. In fact, he was deathly quiet, which was almost as surprising as it was worrying.

“If that is what you want, what do you say Blue? Want to come see the Johto region with your Gramps?” Oak tried inject a smile on his face as Blue turned around to look at Oak. Watching the kid throw a glance to Red, a small sigh escaped his lips and he turned his head facing forward again.

“Whatever.”

Author's Note:

Sorry about the double post, whoops!

PreviousChapters Next