• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 1,528 Views, 10 Comments

Fleur De Armor - linkman443



A spell misfired, leads to an unexpected ship.

  • ...
6
 10
 1,528

Part 1

It was a spring evening in the Crystal Empire.The flowers blooming, the birds chirping and the crystal ponies are enjoying their everyday routines. In the heart of this great empire, there lies a castle made entirely out of crystal. Its ruler is named Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or at least Princess Cadence for short. She is married to the captain of the royal guard, Shining Armor. She couldn't ask for a more perfect life. But at times she wished that it was a bit more....exiteing.

Lately, she has been spending more and more time in the castles library reading almost every book. Happy or sad, exiteing or boring, fiction or nonfiction she spent months reading almost every book.

"Well, that's the last of the Harry Trotter series.What else could there be?" Said a completely bored Princess Cadence. She looked around the sections only to come to a realization. She had read every single book ever since her marriage. She then took a look at the book returns. Virtually every book was too boring or too damaged to read. She then looked through the pile to only see a single book that wasn't damaged in any way. She pulled it out and took a closer look at it.

It had an oak tree brown color with black steel plate connected to the corners of the cover. The cover had no title. Only a black crystal engraved on the front. Cadence opened it to the first page and felt a chill of evil go down her spine. The first page had nothing written on it except for a crudely written inscription. She read the inscription outloud and it stated "Property of Prince Sombra."

Cadence became shocked and dropped the book. "This must have been his private diary!" She said as she picked it back up with her magic. She looked around and started reading it aloud.

"Princess Luna is pretty steamed at me for messing with black magic again. I think this balck magic could be my cutie mark. I am getting pretty good at it after all." Cadence realized that this was before King Sobra went crazy with darkness. When he was just a little colt!

"Uncle Starswirl told me about all the spells he made and what amazing feats he accomplished. One day ill be just like him while ruling a great empire one day. If I ever want to be like him, I need to make my own spell." Cadence felt almost guilty of blasting him and ruining his boyhood deam. She skipped a few entries and found the spell.

"At last, I got my cutie mark! It's a black crystal! All I did was test out the spell and it worked. I prepared the spell to distract people through forms of affection. The spell has two blasts." Cadence became intrigued

"One shoots to one pony while the other shoots to another pony. I call it 'The Love Spell'. The spell has some strange effects to it as well. If one of the spells victims is already in love. He or she will forget all about him or her and be immidiately fall for the other spell victim." Cadence knew she HAD to try this spell. It wasnt a black magic spell so no side effects would occur.

Cadence read over the spell, it seemed pretty complicated but a piece of cake for an alicorn. Cadence got into her casting position, her mane started to blow in an imaginary wind, her horn started glowing, she started floating in the air. Right when the alicorn was about to cast, she heard somepony open the door.

It was Shining Armor. On his back he had a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates. Cadence turned her head and the spell shot strait at him.

"Oh Cadence I have a surPAH!!" He said as he was hit with the spell. The second shot and blasted around the room. Cadence ducked under the table and the spell flew straight out the window.

Before Shining Armor was hit. He was going to say it was their one year anniversary. But after he was hit. A voice in his head telling him he doesn't love Cadence anymore. The voice was very soothing and hypnotic to him. An image appeared in his head, it was a mystery mare shrouded in darkness. Shining Armor kept wondering 'who is this beautiful mare'. He didn't know who she was. All he knew was that he didn't love Cadence anymore. He passed out with the mystery mare in his head.

Cadence didn't care if the spell she cast failed or not, all she cared about was her husbands well being. She then teleported him and herself to the castle infirmary.

-Meanwhile in Canterlot.

A slim, beautiful unicorn was staring into the empty fields on her mansions balcony.She was feeling very hollow inside, due to her not finding her special somepony yet. "Oh woe is me, will I ever find my true love" She stated while looking at the Crystal Empire in the distance. An ominous twinkle started started to shine in that direction. That twinkle grew to a faint glow, then a light bulbs glow and before she knew it, she was hit by a blast of magic.

Once she got up from the blast, she had a sudden good feeling in her heart. A feeling she only accepted once for her ex-husband. Yes, it was the notion of true love. An image of a certian stallion flashed in her mind. A white unicorn that had a highlight blue mane and tail with a purple-starred sheild as a cutie mark. She continued staring at his image until she came to a realization. She was deeply in love with this stallion. This stallion was her soul mate. She had to be with this stallion right now. The unicorn mare then galloped out of her house and said.

"Oh my darling, I'll be there very soon."

Author's Note:

Go ahead and say it. Its a bit rushed. Anyway, cover art wanted.

Comments ( 10 )

Mistake right there in the description, 'raeding' - 'reading'.

Hmm I think someone made a comic about something like this

Another take on love spell misfire.

Comment posted by lmagine deleted Nov 10th, 2013

Definitely feels rushed like you admitted but I like the idea. Could be something pretty good if you're not as rushed with the rest.

Would it be weird to say that I like the Shining x Fleur De Lis shipping idea?

6326194 I Shipped Button Mash and Screwball. I don't think that's weird. If you wanna make another Fleur de Armor go ahead.

5854620 I'm so happy I wasn't the only one who remembered that comic when I read this.

awwww, Shinny and Fleur are so cute together.

Login or register to comment