• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 471 Views, 1 Comments

The Fall - Pen Quill



Song by The Living Tombstone following a pony who set off a bomb, and a survivor trying to regain his memory.

  • ...
 1
 471

The Fall

The Fall

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Before we start I just want to say that this is a fiction based on Living Tombstone’s remix “September” and music video done by Brony Dance Party. I, in no way, own the title or names used in this fiction. Although the song and story were created by Living Tombstone and Brony Dance Party, the characters will be made to match My Little Pony FIM. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sound of the siren sent everypony in Ponyville in a state of terror. Every mare and stallion was galloping, hiding in their house, protecting their fillies and colts.

“Somepony stop him! He’s trying to kill us all!” somepony screamed out in fear. Down in Sugar Cube Corner, the Cakes were huddled together in the cellar protecting their two foals, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.

“Momma, what’s going on?” Pumpkin asked, shaking in pure fear as tears rolled down her eyes. Mrs. Cakes froze and mustered the best smile she could, “Everything will be fine my sweet foals. We’re going to get out of this.”

“Yes, we will come out of this safely.” Said Mr. Cakes. He looked over to his wife and even though they were smiling, they both knew the worst was going to happen as they shared the same feeling of dread and despair, knowing they were going to possibly die in their cellar.

Up above, the royal guard had surrounded the pony holding a detonation trigger. A twisted smile came across his face as he gazed down upon them slowly approaching him.

“I’ll save you, I’ll save you all! Don’t you try to stop me!” he screamed towards the cladded soldiers holding spears at the ready. “Get back! I control the fate of you all! You see this button here? I’m going to press it!”

“No don’t!” screamed one of the guards, but it was too late. A bright flash of light radiated from the center of Ponyville. A bomb had gone off with such force, incinerating any buildings nearby. The blast wave shook the earth and tore through the town. The guards in front of the pony were completely thrown off their hooves by the wave along with the one who set the bomb off.

Several minutes passed until the light faded away and the smoke had settled. All around were destroyed buildings, either collapsed or on fire. In the streets were mangled bodies of ponies, young and old. The mayor’s office, incinerated off the face of Equestria. There were no signs of life amongst the debris. However, off in the distance behind a nearly collapsed building, there was one pony who began to move their hooves and slowly rise. Several groans of pain escaped his lips. His brown coat clearly smudged with dirt and other debris from the blast.

“Ah, what happened?” he said to himself, slowly standing up rubbing a hoof along his sore neck. He opened eyes to see a dreadful sight. Everywhere he looked he saw death a destruction. The strong scent of burning ponies and death overwhelming his senses. He took it all in one step at a time, fixing himself up as he scanned the area for other survivors, fixing his dark brown mane and cleaning off his hourglass cutiemark.

“What in the hay happened here?” Dr. Whooves said as he began wondering around in search of an explanation, a sign of life, somepony who can help explain to him what happened. In his search he found nothing but more death and depressing sights of a once proud town, now gone. Every now and then he would find somepony he knew or was good friends with, and the struggle to fight back tears became tougher and tougher as the images of them quickly ran through his mind. He grew more desperate to find somepony still alive. He rummaged through the ruble, trying to find anypony that was possible trapped.

His hooves were turned black as night from stirring their charred wood and bricks. Under one building, he found two foals huddled together with their parents. He couldn’t look at their bodies, the twisted, bloody sight caused him to vomit with great disgust.

“How could this happen?!” he said with a weakness in his voice. The sights becoming too much for him to bare, but he continued on, still determined to find somepony who could have, with incredible luck, survived this tragic event. He slowly walked along, stopping in front of a building to rest and look up at the sky to gain his composure. The peace quickly ruined as a body fell from a tall building to his hooves. Dr. Whooves, startled, jumped back in fear.

“Sweet Celestia, I think I felt my heart skip a beat or two.” He said as he tried to catch his breath and regain his composure. When he looked up at the building, a memory had come back him. A clouded image of a grey pony with a blue mane. He was sitting at a desk with a small box in his hooves that had a red button. Dr. Whooves had made this out to be some kind of detonator or remote. His vision began to blur a bit more, but he could hear a clear voice begin talking.

“It’s done, it’s finally done! Hahahahaha!”

He had connected this voice to the pony he saw with the box as the image soon faded from his mind and brought back to reality.

“What was that?” he asked himself, but shook it off and continued to walk around the town. No longer had he chosen to look for survivors. His main focus now was searching for help.

“Canterlot! That’s it, I’ll go to Canterlot. I can get the help of Celestia and the royal guard.”

He quickly moved around, trying to find a clear exit, but every street or alley he took was quickly cut off by a collapsed building. Dr. Whooves did not give up, he would find his way to Celestia no matter what.

“Wait, don’t I know somepony who studies under Celestia. Hm…Twilight! She can help me.” He said with a smile, the first ever since he had woken up and began galloping towards Twilight’s library. He came up to the treehouse library, seeing it was mostly intact. It was the first glimmer of hope he had as he slowly trotted his way to her house.

“Twilight, are you here?” he said, huffing a bit from his run. The place seemed empty, but he didn’t stop looking. “Maybe she’s hiding in some magical barrier, waiting for help to arrive.” He thought as he continued to search her entire house. He made his way upstairs to her bedroom. What he found, crushed every bit of hope he had left. Twilight laid motionless in the corner of her room, hugging Spike in her hooves.

“Twilight?” he asked half-heartedly to receive no response. He thought it was all over. This was possibly his one and only chance of finding help. He retreated down the stairs and left the house, his head hung low. All hope of finding help was now gone. Dr. Whooves, for once, did not have an answer for the situation he was in. He trotted aimlessly around Ponyville, until he came across a flight of stairs leading to a certain spot that had started another memory inside his head. Once again he could see a clouded grey pony on the stairs, holding the same metallic remote in his hooves.

“Stop him, he’s trying to kill us all! Stop him!” screamed a pony from below as a swarm of guard surround the stairs, slowly making their approach to the mad pony.

“No, I’ll save you! I’ll save you all! Don’t you try and stop me!” said the grey stallion.

Dr. Whooves took a step closer, shaking his head as he tried to regain his memory.

“What is going on? Why does all this seem so familiar.” He asked himself as he walked up the stairs. He felt a strange feeling of déjà vu. He felt as if he was here before, standing on these stairs. His eyes shut tight, trying to remember what had happened. A memory soon came to his mind.

“This town is threatened by their own hypocrisy. I’ll show them all the errors of their ways.” Said a pony at a desk, quickly working away at several beakers filled with strange liquids.

As quickly as one memory faded, another had come to Dr. Whooves' mind. He could see it clearly now, as if it was happening right in front of him in the present. He could see himself standing at the stairs in front of the mad pony holding the detonator.

“This is your redemption day everypony. Go away from me! Go away- hahaha!” the image began to change for Dr. Whooves however. No longer was there a grey stallion on the stairs, and no longer did he see himself standing at the bottom. The image had changed to seeing the guards like from the earlier vision, and the stallion holding the detonator is his hooves, “You see this button here? I’m going to press it!” was none other than himself.

“I remember. I remember everything. It was me.” He said as a crooked smile came across his face, “I killed them all.”

A small evil laugh began erupting from his throat, “I killed them all hahaha!”

Dr. Whooves had curled up on the stairs in a crazed fetal position. Hours passed as he only laughed to himself, constantly repeating to himself “I kill them all. Everypony is dead because of me.”

A ray of light emerged from the dark clouds, and from the light came a chariot pulled by gold cladded stallions and behind them in the chariot was princess Celestia. She was appalled to see the sight of Ponyville to say the least. A look of pure fear and dread came across her face as her chariot landed at the foot of the stairs. The silence was deafening as she looked around for any first signs of survivors.

“I think we should start looking around.”

“Yes your majesty.” Said the two stallions. Before anypony could make a move, they all heard the strange twisted laughter of somepony. They scanned for where the laughter was coming from. Celestia quickly made her way up the stairs to the source of the laughter to find a curled up Dr. Whooves, still laughing to himself.

“Sir, are you okay?” she asked politely.

“I did it.” He said in a low hush voice.

“Did what? What did you do? Who was responsible for this?”

“I did it. I killed them. I saved them all from their hypocrisy.” Dr. Whooves responded. There was a silence between them as Celestia gazed upon the cynical pony with disbelief. His head slowly turned towards her in a creepy and uneasy way that made the princess lose all coloring in her face.

“I survived the fall…princess.” He said before bursting into laughter again.

“G-guards! Guards!”

As soon as Celestia called out to them, the two stallions had quickly come to her aid, “What is it your majesty?”

“Arrest this pony under the pretense of mass murder!” she screamed.

Dr. Whooves was arrested and taken back to Canterlot. Over the next two months, he was interrogated, tortured and tried. Ponyville was never rebuilt, but turned into a landmark in dedication of the ponies that lost their lives. As for the sick psychotic pony who caused all the mass mayhem and destruction, he was sentenced to immediate execution and sent to the gallows where he was hung. Never in the history of Equestria, was there somepony that killed so many in one instance. Not even Discord, Nightmare Moon, or Sombra combined, could even come close to equaling the death toll he had created. That day was forever remembered as the saddest and most tragic in Equestrian history. No pony ever forgot the name, Dr. Whooves.

Lyrics by The Living Tombstone:
I can't remember
What happened in September
When everything is gone
When it's dark and I'm alone
It's been forever
Since I could have remembered
Where the hell is everypony
I just want to know the story
Of what happened right before
I became so alone
Still can't remember
What happened in September
Back when everypony died
Trails of blood during my stride
I just discovered that
The ponies were defeated
By something really strong
It seemed very weird and wrong
It just doesn't belong
Like it came out of this world
"Finally.
Finally It's done!
It's finally done!”
"Stop It! He's trying to kill us all! Stop it!"
“No! I'm Going to save you. I'm going to save you all! Don't you try to stop me!"
I've regained a small memory
Came to my head just like that suddenly
I think I've gotten a clue
Something tells me this is worse than what I knew
"This is your redemption day Everypony!
Go away from me!
Stay away from me!
Go away! {Crazy Laugh}
You can't touch me now
You see this button here? I'm going to press it!"
I just remembered
What happened in September
I'm the one who killed them all
I survived after the fall.

Comments ( 1 )

yep.....the song really was that good

Login or register to comment