• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 706 Views, 59 Comments

Fall of the Changelings - Dream Whisper



While most days just vanish without us noticing, there are some special days in which a pony's fate is decided. Follow me and I will show you mine.

  • ...
1
 59
 706

FOTC: Epilogue


The last experiment. The process is fatal, we will not be able to reverse it. Our last scientific endeavour will be hiding all these secrets and burying the red death forever. No pony should ever again fall under its influence.

To all of you out there: If you read this, please do not investigate further. It is too late for us now, lives and talents wasted through our blindness. Don’t waste yours.”

After that, pages and pages of other observations. They all disobeyed the words that could have saved them. Countless ponies furthering the curse throughout history, never letting it go. Every single entry had propelled the cause of the goddess until finally Twilight Sparkle had been forced to finish it all. Through their insatiable curiosity they had forced Twilight to act against any reason. A silly example of her mind trying to excuse herself. She has done it and there is nothing that she could do about it now, but to live with it, no matter how hard that would be.

She looked up from the book that plagued her last days, staring out of her window. Outside were Rainbow Dash and Ethereal, both flying in union, trying to impress each other with their perfect coordination. Small mistakes often lead to nagging each other until true perfection was achieved. Maybe Ethereal had found a new start here, far beyond his memories. And maybe... she should do the same.

Twilight looked down again at the books, each containing knowledge of incredible value to her and all of Equestria, yet like a stain of blood, memories were glued to each book, a journey that could not end well. Not for her. To lose everything must be a terrible thought. All you have ever known gone in a flash. No wonder he had turned insane. Maybe friendship could comfort him, although probably never heal these wounds. Maybe those wounds were not supposed to be healed.

Twilight sighed and turned towards the dim purple fire, ready to devour anything that it touched. A book, written words, memories, stories, history, time. Everything, and she would let fire consume it. Her hoof gently stroked the hard surface, a small smile rushing over her face, almost too eager to leave it again. She would just burn it, the past.

Twilight hesitated for a moment, and then she let the book go. The purple flames crackled as the valuable source of exothermic energy entered its reach. Within seconds the book was burning brightly. Now the past is in the past. Goodbye.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know what you might be thinking yourself. I can almost smell your confusion to here. I am confused myself -well, not really, but I like to act as if. There are several questions probably bothering your poor mind now and let me try to answer some:

What the fuck?
Yes, truly a marvelous question. A good story is like a mirror, you can see yourself in it. And so it happens that we sometimes write stories about ourselves without knowing they are written about us. This story was about me, but not in a way that I expected it to be. This story began as a story about someone I used to be, but then I changed. And I changed again and I am still changing. Never before in my life has change happened so rapidly and somehow I had to deal with it. I love writing and even though I tried to split story and life, the story mirrored the change, but also the confusion that was a part of it. And I am sorry to have disappointed expectations.

Was this planned?
Oh no, this wasn’t planned in the least. I actually had a totally different concept and at like chapter 4 it turned that way and chapter 6 that other way and in chapter 7 and 8 in a totally different direction again. You could say that the world toyed with me so I toyed with the story. When Twilight burns the book, so do I.

So what now?
I’ll continue writing stories, trying to improve my skills, and maybe one day be an author worth mentioning. Until then, I’ll keep learning.
I actually have another story in the writing, trying out a new style, yet there are some concepts missing, so until I find them, I'll wait :P

The hive will?
The hive will!

Comments ( 1 )

:pinkiehappy: Yay it's over... wait it's over? :rainbowderp:

Well T'was great while it lasted. I look forward to this next project and the mystery it holds. :raritystarry:

Login or register to comment