• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 295 Views, 29 Comments

Forgotten Memories - Star Saber



What happens when a Mare with no memories is kidnapped and the one Stallion who can save her knows nothing about her? When swords live and the Elements have been gone for years, how can an evil force be taken out when nothing is known about anything?

  • ...
 29
 295

Secrets and Deceit

Forgotten Memories
Chapter 7
Secrets and Deceit

It was going to be a long night, one that would not be forgotten anytime soon. Star Breaker lay in his bed in the hotel having opted for this rather than the lush insecurities of the castle he had been invited to stay in, Applebloom lay just across the hall, hopefully fast asleep by this time as the rustling of wings was heard outside of the window to his room. A familiar royal blue form greeted him and he sighed.


"Princess Luna...come to see your grandest retiree go back to action? Or is this another trick to get me to do something I don't want to do."

"Star Breaker, I regret doing that to you, but it needed to be done. As for why I am here, it is merely to ask a few questions as to your mental health."

"I'm fine."

"Is that the truth?"

"It is to me."

"Then it is a lie."

"I hate it when you do that."

"I know you do Star. How are you taking this?"

"As best I can. It's all I can do."

"And does Applebloom know?"

"Not yet she doesn't...but she will soon."

"Then we hope for the best from her. Did you know?"

"At the time....no I didn't, I had thought she was just eating a bit much."

"Breaker..."

"Don't take that tone with me Princess. I did what I had to do and then it was done. How am I supposed to keep track of a foal in another land? And how in the depths of bloody Tartarus am I supposed to tell Applebloom that we'll be having a foal fight with us? That mare has a protective streak to rival...to rival my mother's...."

He sighed then and shook his head before ruffling his feathers and looking away trying to hide the rampant emotion that his mind had concerning his mother. It was all he could do to remain emotionless in front of Luna.

"She was strong. And wise. We wish We had known before it was too late for her."

"Shut it Luna...please..."

"She knew you were destined for greatness when your cutie mark appeared. A dying star, shattered into countless pieces, each one signifying something different, the complexities of a life surrounded by despair and hope at the same exact time. When Solar had come to Us seeking aid for you...We freely gave it."

"No...Luna I'm asking you...don't do this..."

"We raised you as Our own when she left the mortal world. We were there for both you and she...until the end."

It was all he could take and he shut his eyes lips pursing to keep emotion at bay before there was a knock at the door.

"Remain wise, she cares for you in a way that We could not do. Keep her safe always. And do not let a thing touch her in neither anger nor violence."

He turned to the door and then back to find Luna gone, he wasn't sure what any of that had meant, but one thing was for certain, Applebloom couldn't know a damn thing about his past besides what she already knew. She wasn't going to know that Luna was a mother to him when his own had died, she wasn't going to know that she had hoof-trained him to fight like death was on his flank.

"Star Breaker? Are y'all alright in there?"

"Yeah Appleboom. I'm fine...."

"Can Ah come in?"

"Sure...I don't mind."

She was supposed to have been asleep, why was she awake? Did she have a nightmare, or was it something else. Before he could find an answer he smelled the sweet scent of Jasmine and Vanilla as the door opened revealing Applebloom with her mane down and no bow atop her head. He swallowed as he drank in the sight of her in his doorframe. Deep red mane and tail down and flowing, orange eyes half lidded, almost sultry, but cute. It struck a chord in him. He didn't think he had ever seen her like this before. She walked in sort-of half swaying her hips, an attempt to be sexy but it was just plain cute.

"Breaker?"

"Uh..."

"Star?"

"Huh? What?"

"Ah said...Do y'all mind if Ah sleep with you tonight?"

Had he heard that right? She wanted to sleep with him?

"What kind of sleep?"

"Does yer mind always go that way when ya got a pretty mare in front of ya?"

"Only you Applebloom..."

"What was 'at?"

"I said no. And I wouldn't mind sleeping with you tonight."

"Alright...Ah was gettin a little lonely..."

"I can imagine so..."

"Yeah..."

She sighed and stopped her cute attempt to be sexy and just walked to him nuzzling against his cheek in either affection or thanks, of which he couldn't be sure. He nuzzled back with a soft smile

'She loves you Breaker.'

'Shut up Proteus...'

'Pro....teus?'

'Your name.'

'Nope.'

'What do you mean nope?'

'I don't like it.'

"Breaker? Equuis to Breaker...."

"Huh?"

"Ya gonna climb in or do Ah have to drag ya?"

"I'm coming Bloomy."

"Not yet you ain't."

"What?"

"Nothing..just get in bed will ya?"

Stranger and stranger his thoughts turned after seeing Applebloom like that, the scent of Jasmine and Vanilla hung heavily as he climbed into the bed beside Applebloom, wondering what had gotten into her, and why she smelled so delicious, of course that could be his mind playing with him, lonliness had a way of doing when a stallion went without for too long.

The night passed and Breaker felt warmth in front of him, and the smell of flowers as well, when he cracked his eyes open he had a face full of deep red hair and he pulled back with startled eyes as he realized just who he was curled around like a marefriend.

"Applebloom?!"

"Mmm...Let me sleep just awhile longer sis..."

"Applebloom wake up...We have to leave."

"Mmm....Breaker?"

"Yeah Bloomy...its me."

Applebloom woke up with a start and then shook her head as if dispelling a dream and smiled as she rolled over and looked at him.

"Do we really have to leave?"

"Yes Applebloom...we do."

"Awright...let me get ready."

She roused and as she stood Breaker saw her mark, it was a strange thing, a book that had a hammer and screwdriver on it, it was for construction, not intelligence, so how did she know more about puzzles and such than he did?

'It's because her destiny is to build knowledge in others as well as herself.'

"How does it do that..."

"How does what do what?"

"The sword.."

"Oh."

"Yeah...let's just...get ready to go. We have to be at the teleporter in a couple of hours...if there's anything you want to ask...ask it now."

With a shake of her head she declined the offer, but then she nodded and blew out a breath. Breaker tilted his head and raised his brow at the small change in her demeanor as she stood there, the scent of jasmine and vanilla still clinging to her like a dream.

"What was Princess Luna doin here las' night?"

"She was just checking on me...that's all Bloomy."

"Are ya sure? it sounded like a whole bunch of hush hush secret business..."

"Yes Bloomy..she wanted to make sure I was okay with going back to Alamante after so many years have passed."

She eyed him suspiciously and then smiled before giving him a small peck on his lips making his eyes widen as he backed away in surprise.

"Applebloom! What the hell was that?"

She simply smiled and gave him a wink before going to the hallway

"Tell Caliburn Ah said hey and come on! We're gonna miss our appointment!"

'Caliburn? What a strange name....'

'Shut it sword...'

'I like the name. It denotes power and respect as well as a fierce desire to protect...yes..that will be my name from here on out.'

'Celestia damn it...'

'I heard that.'

He jumped to attention and then turned around looking for her majesty's voice and then rolled his eyes before proceeding into the plain hall after Applebloom, that was certainly strange.
///
Breaker wandered down a hallway as a foal, it was lavishly decorated, something that only a Princess would see fit in a castle and he smiled looking at a stain-glassed window that showed the fall of Discord and the resulting reign of Princess Celestia and Luna. He always favored the royal blue alicorn, of course his mother had always told him stories of the strong and majestic Luna who bent the nighttime to her will and watched over everypony as they slept.

"Starry? Where are you Starry?"

"Over here mama...I'm just looking at the picture again! Princess Luna is sooooo pretty in it."

A soft but happy sigh filled his ears as a pale grey pegasus wandered around a corner and saw him. She was beautiful even like this, Solar Flare, his mother. Of course she was beautiful, she was his mother after all.

"I know she's pretty Starry....but she won't be yours...especially not while your a small little colt. You have to look higher than her. She protects us while we sleep...or rather..while we are awake. She can't be distracted by things such as love."

"Higher than a Princess? I don't think I can do that mama..."

"Of course you can. And she'll be right in front of you when you realize that. She'll love you for all your faults...even your stubborness when you don't want to take a bath mister...now come on it's that time again."

He shrieked out a single note and tried to take off to run away from the dreaded bath but didn't make it three feet before his mother had his tail in her mouth and stopped him cold.

"Nooooooo!!!! I don't wanna mama! The monster is gonna eat me!!!"

"Silly foal there -is- no monster in your bath. It's just the sponge! Now come on!"

"Noooooooo!!!!"

The sight of a mother dragging her screaming colt to take a bath was quite the sight to a few of the guards and made them chuckle a bit, even as one smiled at the sight, even if his child didn't know it, his father was watching with love and dedication, Solar Flare knew who the single guard that had fathered Star was, and they were keeping it a secret from him for a reason.

'Why do you not tell him Sky Striker?'

'Because if he knew....he would think he was entitled. If he lives like this then he will know the hardships of normal ponies.'

'I understand that...but why drag it out like this? He's going to find out evenually.'

'I know...and by that time I will be retired and on death's door, and you will have gone to sleep long before then. In all reality you should be asleep now. I'm not your owner and never have been.'

'Perhaps it is because young Star Breaker is close that I talk. Perhaps I am awake because I will myself to be.'

The stallion shook his head and went back to his duties amidst the tantrum of a colt unwilling to take a bath
///
"What?"

'I apologize for that....it would seem that a memory floated through while we walked the grand halls of the castle.'

'You knew? You knew who my father was? You...talked...to him? And I didn't know a damn thing about him until he sent me a letter after his retirement...that....'

'Bastard? I agree there. Anytime you were around he was just a nameless guard your mother talked to on occasion....'

"Fucking asshole...and I was so happy to meet him too...turns out he knew me the whole fucking time..."

Everpony in the room turned to look at him as he spoke his thoughts instead of thinking them. It seemed that while the memory had played out they had traversed the distance to the teleporter where seven unicorns stood ready to send them to Alamante, Applebloom too, was staring at him and he smiled and shook his head.

"It was nothing...just something I remembered from a long time ago."

Each of the seven nodded as he went to the platform where Applebloom was waiting and waited for this to be done with. As soon as they were gone something shook the room and screamed out causing the whole place to collapse underneath it's brutal rage, killing the unicorns that had just sent the two to another continent.

"Star...Breaker!......Not....Succeed....Die!"

The voice echoed through the cavernous halls to the throne room where Celestia and Luna waited with resigned looks on their faces.

"So this is it dear sister?"

"I believe so Luna. We have to resist it with everything we have....even if we should perish."

"As you say Tia...I went to him last night."

"And?"

"He does not have a single clue as We perceived."

"Good...then he believes that Solar Flare is still his mother?"

"Yes....it is a secret We have kept for too long."

"Then may we live to tell him of how great his mother truly is."

Author's Note:

Took me a long time to finish this chapter...I was on hiatus for too long...but I'm back now...for how long I haven't got a clue but I will try to be consistent and write when a chapter hits me like a ton of bricks...sorry for the long wait you guys and gals....and Pinkies....

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment